GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wasnt sure where to put this, so Mods if u could move it where u feel appropriate, that would be great.
Now onto the questions at hand:

I was just wondering with all the companies going around lately making their own flashcarts, I wanted to know just how is a flashcart made?

What does it take to make one, and how can the average joe go about making their own?

Or how does one average joe enhance one they already own?
unsure.gif

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonesman99 said:
I wasnt sure where to put this, so Mods if u could move it where u feel appropriate, that would be great.
Now onto the questions at hand:

I was just wondering with all the companies going around lately making their own flashcarts, I wanted to know just how is a flashcart made?

What does it take to make one, and how can the average joe go about making their own?

Or how does one average joe enhance one they already own?
unsure.gif

Step 1: teach yourself some basic engineering and make some schematics, taking care to use thin chips that fit within the flashcart dimensions, and that will support the required functions. or clone something that already exists.
Step 2: teach yourself (arm?) assembly and create firmware. or clone..
Step 3: teach yourself how to create a GUI for the flashcart you designed or cloned. ...
Step 4: after testing the hardware you designed or cloned with the firmware and GUI, you get someone to produce the PCB and casing.

this answer is a semi educated guess.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you can't program you have three possibilities.

1 - Hiring somebody that can. With real money.
2 - Getting some people that sort of halfway know their stuff, and cloning an existing cart with no improvements since none of you know enough to design one in from the ground up.
3 - Learning to program enough first. See you in 4 years?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...