Did Nintendo Make Any Changes To The Inside Of The DS Lite Shell?

UK_Ray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

This may be a silly question but does anyone know if Nintendo made any changes to the inside of the shell on the DS Lite?

I was just replacing the touch screen on an old one when I noticed the little plastic part was missing from where the stylus holder goes, so I decided to open up a bricked one to take the part off but when I went to fit it, I noticed a difference in the shells.

Black DS Lite...
Black_DS_Lite_1.jpg

See the bit of plastic that the yellow arrow points to?

Red DS Lite...
Red_DS_Lite_1.jpg

This red shell does not have that bit of plastic.

Which means this other bit of plastic that fits onto the red shell, will not fit onto the black shell.
Red_DS_Lite_2.jpg

I have replaced several of these shells over the years but have never come across one that doesn't have this part.

The red shell is definitely original but the black shell also looks original, the screws look genuine as does the label and the water indicator sticker when compared to the red shell.

Black_DS_Lite_2.jpg

Red_DS_Lite_3.jpg

Has anyone else came across this?

Attachments

• Black_DS_Lite_2.jpg
    Black_DS_Lite_2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • Red_DS_Lite_3.jpg
    Red_DS_Lite_3.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
Last edited by UK_Ray,
Reactions: IC_

UK_Ray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, no, as per the first post, I was changing the touch screen when I noticed that the black shell has a slightly different layout inside and was curious to see if the later DS Lite models perhaps had an updated shell

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, no, as per the first post, I was changing the touch screen when I noticed that the black shell has a slightly different layout inside and was curious to see if the later DS Lite models perhaps had an updated shell
No, as far as I know, that little piece you're referring to is held by a screw. So probably someone removed it and forgot to screw it back.

kuroraiju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah I have. Just did a shell swap for my DS Lite and the donor unit's shell had the same thing with the bit of plastic as with your red DS Lite.

There was another difference I found during the shell swap, and (at least in my experience) both shells used different barrel hinges. When I tried to fit the original shell's barrel hinge into the donor shell, it was almost impossible to fit it in, so I assumed that the barrel hinge that came with the donor unit belonged to the donor shell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto