What are some alternatives for d-pad joycon shells?

Deleted member 678442

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
About 6 years ago there were d-pad shells from a company called basstop. A video about them here: Back then I purchased one pair and I absolutely loved it. The d-pad felt like one from a ds lite. but over time the paint on the d-pad rubbed off so I wanted to buy a new one only to discover they apparently stopped selling them..

I’m not a fan of the extremeRate shells, I don’t like their shape and their plasticcy feel.
So I was wondering if anyone knows any alternative for shells with a d-pad?
I’m not looking for third party joycons like the one from hori, I want to mod an original joycon to have a d-pad.

(Ps, i also thought about putting an actual ds lite dpad in the basstop shell but I figured it would most likely not fit; or does someone have any experience with that or knows if another ds model dpad would fit?)

RipperSquid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There's Boxypixel shells but they're expensive due to being metal. If you've got a dremel, it'd probably be pretty easy to DIY a shell.
I typically like extremeRate's stuff but I'll agree that their joycon shells aren't overly great.

Haven't really thought about using an alternate d-pad, maybe the Wii U one would be closest to fitting? Might be worth testing at some point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch