Hardware What is the rarest DS Flashcart?

ak1nok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Nice collection, some pretty retro ones included there!

Now the question is have you spent more on flash carts then you would have the games you actually played on them? :D
Thanks!
Of course! I haven't finished a single game on them :)

I know this is a stupid question, but what do you guys use these for nowdays? I've never had or used a flashcart, other than stock games, but I do have several 3DS's modded. I was just curious. Thanks.
I use for my small youtube channel and website. I write flash cartridge guides (I'm interested in figuring out how it worked and how it can be run now). Writing historical articles on flash cartridges. Writing about something you don't have is silly. So you have to buy it.

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know this is a stupid question, but what do you guys use these for nowdays? I've never had or used a flashcart, other than stock games, but I do have several 3DS's modded. I was just curious. Thanks.
flashcarts are better than softmodding a lot more plug and play you saves are on the cart with your games, especially after the first couple r4 gens most cards will run anything. ndsrunner just isn't as good

Reactions: ak1nok and BigOnYa

nlbchris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
flashcarts my beloved! i have a cyclods evo otw too! 🙂💨

Attachments

• IMG_2535.jpg
    IMG_2535.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: Flame

SparkyX1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have a DS Link, it never really worked that well and game/homebrew compatibility was very poor. I would assume it is fairly uncommon since I can't even find anything about it anymore. It was one of the first Slot 1 carts for DS.

manganelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a white DSOne cart that had some kind of rectangular black lump protruding from under the sticker. It was super fragile and too big to comfortably stick in the DS, and the slot for the microSD card let you see inside the whole cart. I wonder if it was haunted by a vengeful spirit like in that Ben Drowned creepypasta. It worked one out of six or so times so I just stopped using it.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Lmao the pcmcia wifi card, I bought one in 2005 (for give or take 48 €) because my grandparents' neighbor had open wifi, which of course I found out using Mario Kart

btw does your action replay, the red and brown one, have the slot for the original game in the boxy part? the small model (sticks out just enough to fit the usb port) obviously doesn't, the large one has room for it but the ones I saw don't, only the later editions...

Janni9009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
btw does your action replay, the red and brown one, have the slot for the original game in the boxy part? the small model (sticks out just enough to fit the usb port) obviously doesn't, the large one has room for it but the ones I saw don't, only the later editions...
Nope, mine doesn't have the passthrough slot (would have the small notch at the top like the DSi ones if so, very last models and media edition have it iirc).
Actually got this one bricked for quite cheap, hotswap with a flashcart did the trick.

Reactions: Ryccardo

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seems like a good time to update my collection photo. I've got too many SuperCards and M3s now, lol. (also the massive disappointment that is the EZP, at this point I wouldn't doubt that one becoming a rarity)
View attachment 429994
"Disappointing" is the right term to use for the Parallel. The features it offers are easy to replicate yourself lol.

Reactions: nlbchris

PotatoStatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20240415_235513.jpg20240415_235502.jpg
IDK if these can particularly be considered rare considering you can currently buy them brand new for $4 and flashcarts.net recommends this cart. But I literally never hear anyone talk about this cart or see anyone using one despite how good the compatibility and quality is. Especially for the price. The listings for this cart also seem to have very low sales (under 100 sold per listing out of maybe three or four sellers). It's an R4DSPro clone. Which is a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of the Acekard 2i (this -> R4DSPro -> R4DS Ultra -> Acekard 2i). It's actually pretty nice and doesn't feel like it's going to return to oil in my hands. It also runs the BL2CK kernel.

darkworldq8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
Love your collection, Dinoh. I'll post mine.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 347726
x2 TTDS/DSTT (Koo Flash (clone), ASDTF02 (genuine))
R4 SDHC Gold Pro (www.r4isdhc.com)
Passcard 5 (PCB 2006-09-11)
Acekard 2i (Yellow and black PCB) (genuine)

I believe that I used to have the TTDS, but it got snapped in half a few years ago when I tried to remove it from the 3DS/DS cartridge holder. Mine did not accept micro SD that are larger than 2GB.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I believe that I used to have the TTDS, but it got snapped in half a few years ago when I tried to remove it from the 3DS/DS cartridge holder. Mine did not accept micro SD that are larger than 2GB.
I can say that the DSTT supports SD cards larger than 2GB.

Nakamichi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DSpico probably, only very few test units out there currently.
Youd practically have to be part of the dev team to even know how to get one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps