Hardware What is the rarest DS Flashcart?

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
evo-case-and-cart.jpg

this was my first DS flash cart back in the day.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: ak1nok

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
don't have a picture right now, but I own a TTDSi, three F-Cards (all with its boxes), five standard R4's (three in its boxes I think?) and a R4i clone from 2014. you'd bet I'm adding DSPico to that list very soon.

I still use the carts occasionally, mainly that R4i clone since it was never blocked in any of Nintendo's software updates. then I use one of the R4's for B4DS, and one of the F-Cards to use my DS as a controller over USB. I should check what's on the other carts, I can't remember what I put on them anymore lol.

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
don't have a picture right now, but I own a TTDSi, three F-Cards (all with its boxes), five standard R4's (three in its boxes I think?) and a R4i clone from 2014. you'd bet I'm adding DSPico to that list very soon.

I still use the carts occasionally, mainly that R4i clone since it was never blocked in any of Nintendo's software updates. then I use one of the R4's for B4DS, and one of the F-Cards to use my DS as a controller over USB. I should check what's on the other carts, I can't remember what I put on them anymore lol.
Once you get a photo of them, please let me know. I'd love to see them. :)

ak1nok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Seeing as I *literally* cannot buy another DSTwo nor the +version:

That one probably.

I'd like another one.
It's the best DS one imo
DSTWO+ can be purchased in China. There are plenty of them for sale there. I order different flash cartridges all the time.

Attachments

• IMG_1151.png
    IMG_1151.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1150.png
    IMG_1150.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
Last edited by ak1nok,

ak1nok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Это на ТаоБао или что?
It's 2.taobao.com. Belongs to taobao, but in fact a separate platform for selling used goods. You need to download the 闲鱼 app. And then use agents, for example, I use yoybuy.com. They will buy from the site, deliver to their warehouse and ship to your address.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A shame that the DSTWO+ is used by scalpers to raise the price for them. :(
Oh wow, I paid $60 for DSTwo+ in 2016 and didn't realize that price went up like crazy after DSTwo+ discontinued.

GBA emulator in DSTwo+ wasn't impressive and got some FPS issues. GBA emulator on Switch is more smooth than DSTwo+.

Shadow_The_Hedgehog82

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
View attachment 406350

I do have quite a few N-Cards in my collection, the DS Fire Card and one from a bootleg Layton game with 125MB/1Gbit.
What is that sylveon box?

It's 2.taobao.com. Belongs to taobao, but in fact a separate platform for selling used goods. You need to download the 闲鱼 app. And then use agents, for example, I use yoybuy.com. They will buy from the site, deliver to their warehouse and ship to your address.
Awesome im gonna check this out

MaxiBash

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Once you get a photo of them, please let me know. I'd love to see them. :)

Had to rummage through a lot of shit so this picture better be worth it.

These are all my DS flashcarts. The boxes' contents are complete, except for the R4 with the cartridge on top, which is missing its SD card reader. My TTDSi is missing the cartridge label, though I still have it somewhere. I own several different revisions of the DS Fire Card - one has a micro USB cable that looks a bit different and another one has a DS Fire Link that uses a stronger type of plastic. The two loose R4s are ones I rescued from a garage sale. Both SD cards were corrupted beyond repair, but a complete format and reinstallation of the firmware fixed it up quite good.

Kinda glad I got everything out of storage now so I could sort through the boxes and make them complete again.

20231204_135348.jpg

MaxiBash

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh nice 3 Fire Cards. Anything to note about them? What capacities are they? I noticed you wrote something on the first box...was that the first one you got in 2007 or something?
think the storage is either 1GB or 2GB, never paid attention but I think they're all the same in capacity.

the one that has something written on it is something done by one of my parents, and I'll never know why lol.

I don't know when these were purchased, all I know is that all of them are DS Phat variants. DS Lite variants came with a Slot-2 cart designed around the DS Lite. if I have to guess, I think the other DS Fire Link variant is from sometime later since I got my first DS sometime after my siblings already both had one for a while.

I know one of the carts is running a slightly older firmware, which has a sprite of a Goomba instead of the F-Card icon.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is a stupid question, but what do you guys use these for nowdays? I've never had or used a flashcart, other than stock games, but I do have several 3DS's modded. I was just curious. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed