Hardware What is the rarest DS Flashcart?

darkworldq8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I can say that the DSTT supports SD cards larger than 2GB.
Mine didn't, but it could have been a knockoff or a very early model. I remember trying to use either a 4GB or an 8GB micro SD, and it did not work at the time. I also remember copying the content from that 2GB to the newer micro SD, but that did not help. Maybe a firmware update would have helped, but I lacked the tech knowledge back then.

Surprisingly, that unbranded 2GB micro SD still works from 2010.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mine didn't, but it could have been a knockoff or a very early model. I remember trying to use either a 4GB or an 8GB micro SD, and it did not work at the time. I also remember copying the content from that 2GB to the newer micro SD, but that did not help. Maybe a firmware update would have helped, but I lacked the tech knowledge back then.

Surprisingly, that unbranded 2GB micro SD still works from 2010.
DSTT does not support firmware updates except for the DSTT(i) cards to get around the cart blacklist. Maybe the card isn't formatted correctly to FAT32, no? Or its likely a fake card for all I could theorize.

In my signature you can find formatting tools that'll become of use.

darkworldq8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
DSTT does not support firmware updates except for the DSTT(i) cards to get around the cart blacklist. Maybe the card isn't formatted correctly to FAT32, no? Or its likely a fake card for all I could theorize.

In my signature you can find formatting tools that'll become of use.

It probably was formatted to FAT32, but I am not 100% sure since it was 12 or 13 years ago. I believe that DSTT card only supported the Micro SD format (up to 2GB), not Micro SDHC (up to 32GB). I usually format anything with 32GB or lower to FAT32 for compatibility from 2008 or so. I sometime avoid USB stick or SD cards that are above 32GB because I thought that it can't be formatted to FAT32.

I think that I did try again around 5 years ago before that card snapped in half.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scrolling through these pics/discussions makes me wish I didn't sell my first flashcart (cyclods) and didn't give away various other ones over the years, or made an effort to find ones that got lost somehow. I had a dstwo, but who the hell knows where that went, I think an ex maybe stole it. Still got my original acekard 2.1 I got, which is what I use in my lite still. Used to order a bunch of them/3 in 1's to sell to friends at school from realhotstuff. I think my lite-sized 3 in 1 is busted, though, the fat one is still kicking though.

I remember a friend in high school told me to join this site to find out what cart to get (he had the og non-clone r4) - don't think I got the cyclods until sometime in early 2008 though.

Time flies, seems like yesterday.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My updated collection as of 2024
20240419_125508.jpg

Reactions: Apache Thunder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.