SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That's what I did. I don't even have access to ux0:app/[TITLEID]. My game doesn't appear in that folder. I've followed your nicely written tutorial to the T multiple times and everything went smoothly until what I said. Game just refuses to launch as molecularshell

So when I first did the app.db modifications I put in an entry for both ux0: and gro0:

When I did this nothing worked. Since I was trying to read from cartridge I removed the ux0 entry from the first step and it worked. My guess is you can't have both ux0 and gro0 entries at the same time. Also in order to see cartridge files you need to manually navigate to the gro0 directory

Last edited by SonsofOcelot,

Kinniku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when I first did the app.db modifications I put in an entry for both ux0: and gro0:

When I did this nothing worked. Since I was trying to read from cartridge I removed the ux0 entry from the first step and it worked. My guess is you can't have both ux0 and gro0 entries at the same time. Also in order to see cartridge files you need to manually navigate to the gro0 directory

So what would you recommend? Delete all ux0 entries in the app.db and put it back on the vita or delete a specific one? As I said earlier I followed everything to the T but the SECOND I copy the molecular files directly into my game's ux0: patch/ is when my vita says "the game is corrupted", "can't install" blah blah. But if I just drop the entire molecular folder in my game's ux0: patch/ the game will load normally and molecular won't open that way

Edit: How do I manually reach the gro0 directory?

Last edited by Kinniku,

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So what would you recommend? Delete all ux0 entries in the app.db and put it back on the vita or delete a specific one? As I said earlier I followed everything to the T but the SECOND I copy the molecular files directly into my game's ux0:Patch/ is when my vita says "the game is corrupted", "can't install" blah blah. But if I just drop the entire molecular folder in my game's ux0:Patch/ the game will load normally and molecular won't open that way
Make sure to delete your existing patches for the game. Then create an empty folder, rename it to the game's titleid, and copy the molecularshell files, like this:
yoadzz.png

Reactions: SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
When you read the tutorial and the very first step says "add a value in table_uri like the following:

NPXS10000;1;ux0"

If you are dumping from cartridge this will cause you errors. if dumping from cartridge you must change ux0 in the value above to gro0.

Finish the app.db steps

At this point navigate to ux0:app/MLCL00001

FTP the sce_sys folder, eboot.bin, and version.txt to your computer.

FTP those files again to ux0: patch/(your title id)

Now if it is a DIGITAL GAME call ux0:app/(your title id) through the web browser

If it is a cartridge game you need to replace ux0 with gro0. This why you cannot have both entries in app.db.

Near should open your manual. If not you did something wrong.

When it opens the manual press the ps button and open the game bubble. Molecular shell will launch. If it doesn't you did something wrong.

If it is a digital game the game files are in ux0:app/

If it is a cartridge game you need to manually go to gro0: in your FTP client to see the game files.

Everything hinges on having the right value in app.db and you cannot have both. And you must call the correct Uri in the web browser or it will not work.

It works on every game I've tried (4 cartridge and 2 digital) you must change app.db everytime

Last edited by SonsofOcelot,

Kinniku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure to delete your existing patches for the game. Then create an empty folder, rename it to the game's titleid, and copy the molecularshell files, like this:
yoadzz.png

Which are the patch files? These files that (lol) say patch or everything in the ux0: patch/ folder? Would I have to delete the changeinfo file too? I deleted those patch files before and the game would launch but just be stuck on black screen. Naturally I haven't tried what you just told me though.
kW6tiq3.png
QI4gvSq.png
2QnUSLo.png
edit: @SonsofOcelot for the first step I never put ux0 in scheme. I put gro0 there. One time I thought I messed up since gro0 and gr0 looked different so I put gr0 in the scheme tag and that made near mess up. So yeah very first step I made sure to put gro0

Last edited by Kinniku,

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Which are the patch files? These files that (lol) say patch or everything in the ux0:Patch/ folder? Would I have to delete the changeinfo file too? I deleted those patch files before and the game would launch but just be stuck on black screen. Naturally I haven't tried what you just told me though.
kW6tiq3.png
QI4gvSq.png
2QnUSLo.png
You must delete the patches folder of the game you want to decrypt. And then copy the molecular shell files from ux0:app to ux0: patch
You only change stuff in ux0: patch, and dump the game from ux0:app. (gro0 if it's a cartridge).

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Finally made the fully undubbed P4G including the JP movies :D I don't have enough time to sub them myself though.
My version was the EU cart version but it should work on any version.
Not going to upload any files since you can find any files you need on the net.

Also, movie undubbing can be done separate from the data.cpk.

For cart users: Using the original sce_sys will not boot the game saying it's corrupted. First remove sce_sys from your patch folder with P4G and reinsert the game. If you can boot it, fine. Then use FTP to transfer the sce_sys from moleculeshell to your patch folder. You can then run the P4G cart.

You have to do this after each reboot or when you remove and insert your cartridge it seems.
If you see moleculeshell trying to install itself when inserting your P4G cart you should do this too.

If someone wants to undub the movies you need a mux/demuxer, an audio converter, VGMToolbox and PES Sound File Converter 1.8.

I wanted to try using the demuxed usm for video too, but in case there is a weird formatting, I'm doing it this way.

Use VGMToolbox to demux the usm files, audio only. The extension will be adx.
Use your MP4 demuxer to remove the audio track on your ENG movies from your dump.

For audio, use PES Sound File Converter 1.8 to convert your .adx to .wav and use your audio converter to convert them to AAC LC 128 (kbps 2-channel 48000hz).
Mux the corresponding video file and the audio file (aac). The final extension should be MP4.

Then you have a group of movie files which you put in a folder called movie. then you transfer that folder to ux:/patch/[TITLEID]/data/

It should look like this: ux:/patch/[TITLEID]/data/movie/[your-undubbbed-movies].MP4

EDIT2: The undubbing process for the EU version is exactly the same as the NA version.

Last edited by Cinnamon,
Reactions: cofias and Everaert

Kinniku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you read the tutorial and the very first step says "add a value in table_uri like the following:

NPXS10000;1;ux0"

If you are dumping from cartridge this will cause you errors. if dumping from cartridge you must change ux0 in the value above to gro0.

Finish the app.db steps

At this point navigate to ux0:app/MLCL00001

FTP the sce_sys folder, eboot.bin, and version.txt to your computer.

FTP those files again to ux0: patch/(your title id)

Now if it is a DIGITAL GAME call ux0:app/(your title id) through the web browser

If it is a cartridge game you need to replace ux0 with gro0. This why you cannot have both entries in app.db.

Near should open your manual. If not you did something wrong.

When it opens the manual press the ps button and open the game bubble. Molecular shell will launch. If it doesn't you did something wrong.

If it is a digital game the game files are in ux0:app/

If it is a cartridge game you need to manually go to gro0: in your FTP client to see the game files.

Everything hinges on having the right value in app.db and you cannot have both. And you must call the correct Uri in the web browser or it will not work.

It works on every game I've tried (4 cartridge and 2 digital) you must change app.db everytime

You must delete the patches folder of the game you want to decrypt. And then copy the molecular shell files from ux0:app to ux0: patch
You only change stuff in ux0: patch, and dump the game from ux0:app. (gro0 if it's a cartridge).

IT FINALLY WORKS HOOOOO MY GOD. Thank the both of you fine lads. I was doing this for HOURS yesterday going in circles. Again thank you both. Now hopefully I don't run into anymore problems

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you guys using to generate/edit param.sfo files?
I used the SFO editor from here: https://sites.google.com/site/theleecherman/sfoeditor
The link gave me a "malware detected", but grabbing the download from web.archive.org didn't, so be careful I guess...?

Good day everyone. I have some problems with P4G and it would be great if someone help.
I'm a weird one. I wanna full Japanese version of game. I copy all data files to the patch folder.
Well its works. But i have some glitches: video plays euro version, missing text, weird textures, sometimes game english text.
So I'm interesting is it even possible to have full Japanese version or just undub and if yes how ?
http://imgur.com/a/LZu9S
Video is MP4 in English, and USM in JP. @Cinnamon appears to have made JP audio MP4s, so you can use those for the audio.
The rest, no idea, as the only thing left not replaced would be the EBOOT...

For cart users: Using the original sce_sys will not boot the game saying it's corrupted. First remove sce_sys from your patch folder with P4G and reinsert the game. If you can boot it, fine. Then use FTP to transfer the sce_sys from moleculeshell to your patch folder. You can then run the P4G cart.
Do NOT do this. Without an SCE_SYS dir it'll fail to start nearly guaranteed.
If you have a US copy, you can use my param.sfo from earlier if this fails.
Otherwise, do try MolecularShell's SCE_SYS but do not try none!

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Do NOT do this. Without an SCE_SYS dir it'll fail to start nearly guaranteed.
If you have a US copy, you can use my param.sfo from earlier if this fails.
Otherwise, do try MolecularShell's SCE_SYS but do not try none!

Removing the SCE_SYS makes the system ignore the patch folder so you can run it correctly, just try it :P

Last edited by Cinnamon,

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Removing the SCE_SYS makes the system ignore the patch folder so you can run it correctly, just try it :P
I recall it failing outright without, personally I'd take FTP and rename it to try without a patch, just to be certain. shrug

Kuraudo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I created the data.cpk for the EU version (sound + models) also have it uploaded.
Not sure if people are in need of it, pretty sure I'm not allowed to post the link directly on the forums.

Kinniku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I wait for this painfully long process of getting the un-encrypted I should probably ask this now.

The English patch for Fate/Hollow Ataraxia I'm using is of course widely different from P4Gs sound files. My English patch is literally a single file. "patch.xp3". The way you would install this on the PC version is simply drop that .xp3 in the game's directory and that's it. It won't be that easy for modding this vita port though right? In the Replacing The File section would I just dump patch.xp3 wherever the text files or at? Kind of hard to ask since I can't see what the hell the data.cpk files look like at the moment

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
While I wait for this painfully long process of getting the un-encrypted I should probably ask this now.

The English patch for Fate/Hollow Ataraxia I'm using is of course widely different from P4Gs sound files. My English patch is literally a single file. "patch.xp3". The way you would install this on the PC version is simply drop that .xp3 in the game's directory and that's it. It won't be that easy for modding this vita port though right? In the Replacing The File section would I just dump patch.xp3 wherever the text files or at? Kind of hard to ask since I can't see what the hell the data.cpk files look like at the moment

My first guess is that the console version of those games uses a different engine (hopefully a port of it, but I doubt it) than Kirikiri which the PC versions use, so no. Tell us more when you have them extracted though.

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well in my case with Hyperdimension Neptunia rebirth 1 once I got into the cpk files the files were the same as the pc files. While I doubt you could just drop it in like I can (since mine are not patch files but rather direct assets) there should be a way to convert that patch to the format that the files are in provided the files in the cpk are the same as the pc version.

Hope that makes sense

some1ne

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Nice, glad to know that not using compression makes it work, but the filesize must be hell to transfer over FTP (almost 3 GB whereas compressed correctly, it's about 1 GB)

I think you need to generate a CSV and use cpkmakec.exe (commandline, not the GUI version of the program) with it to generate the new CPK.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/uhp551r524pznoc/data.csv
Try this.
I think I figured it out. You extracted the "layout" from the original .cpk in .csv format. But how to do that? cpkmakec doesn't seem to have that option.

cofias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually it is already possible with PS Vita TV, but you have to change a few steps and you lose access to the E-Mail app until you remove the DB entries again and write them back via molecule:
You have to use the ID NPXS10072 instead of NPXS10000 in all steps it is mentioned, when you add the entries to the app.db you previously dumped with molecule.
Also you have to change in the step with the eboot path the ID from NPXS10072 to NPXS10027 which is the manual app.
For now it's best to install the whitelist to launch any game on PS vita TV and then connect it via LAN to the router, I got speeds up to 5.0 MB/s like this.
@Some1CP you might want to add this to your guide; it worked perfectly on my PSTV and allowed me to dump my EU P4G from gro0. As I understand it you just substitute Near with the Email app.

That sweet wired transfer speed!

Edit: Got the undub seemingly working now, avoided compression and just followed the instructions, great guide!

Last edited by cofias,
Reactions: some1ne

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.