1. froid_san

OP froid_san GBAtemp Regular

Philippines

Here's another quick port of a game that exist on a different platform (PC/PS4/Switch). I was trying to port this last year after the Catherine port but failed since the game text are encrypted and missing some fonts. Fortunately learned a few new stuffs while I was working on Omega labyrinth Z that ultimately help me in making this port. Due to the length and me getting busy IRL, I decided to release this as public beta even though I haven't Finished the game from start to finish, though I played up to chapter 4 and haven't encountered a game breaking bug yet.

Change log: v0.80 (Initial English port release)
    What's translated:
    ○ All Story text
    ○ All Skill/description text
    ○ All Items/Drops/weapons/armor/description text
    ○ All Enemy names text
    ○ The Manual (since it's integrated in-game and have to manually edit them)
    ○ 95% Menu text?
    ○ 98% image format text
    ○ Adjusted test to be a bit smaller and adjusted a few text windows and added missing font glyphs (.'/|:;*)

What's NOT translated:
    ○ Trophies (Don't want to be liable if you get ban on translated trophies, so it's left as it is)
    ○ Few menu text that I have problems finding where that are located encrypted/not and haven't seen yet due the length of the game.

Known bugs:
    ○ Weird line breaks on dialog that even exist on the Steam version
    ○ Text over flow of items/weapons/armor description on the market (buy/sell) and on the equipment menu. Text auto line breaks on items/weapons/armor description on enhancement/Gran attribute menu. Will get fixed once I've unlocked all items so I could get a reference.
    ○ Let me know if you found another one.

-------------------
    PS VITA Requirements:
    -------------------
    ○ Vita game Title ID: PCSG01002 + game update version 1.02
    ○ Hacked Vita (Enso/h-encore 3.60/3.65/3.68)
    ○ Repatch plugin (installed on the Vita and verified working) (rePatch does not work on 3.73)
    ○ NoNpDrm plugin (installed on the Vita and verified working)
    ○ re00d v1.1/0syscall6
    ○ Vitashell
    ○ FTP program (Winscp recommended)
    ○ This English patch

Link: English windows xdelta patcher for rePatch v0.80b (186MB)

---------------------------------------------
    How to patch decrypted Vita files (Windows):
    ---------------------------------------------

[Chapter 1: Preparing]

01. Install the Game on your Vita or insert cart and also install the game update v1.02
    02. Test the game if it's working fine.
    03. Extract English patch archive to a folder. ex: “DanMachi-IC_patcher_v0.80b”​

[Chapter 2a: Decrypting game via Vitashell]

01. Using Vitashell browse gro0:app/ (if cart) or ux0:app/ (if a PSN game)
    02. Highlight the PCSG01002 folder and press Triangle -> then select Open decrypted Press Select and connect Via FTP
    03. Using your favorite FTP application on the PC, browse gro0:app/ (if cart) ux0:app/ (if a PSN game)
    04. Copy PCSG01002 folder to the PC (DanMachi-IC_patcher_v0.80b\decrypted_backup folder) and rename it to PCSG01002_base
    05. Browse ux0: patch/ on your Vita again using Vitashell.
    06. Highlight PCSG01002 folder and press Triangle -> then select Open decrypted again on FTP application on the PC, browse ux0: patch/
    07. Copy PCSG01002 folder to the PC (DanMachi-IC_patcher_v0.80b\decrypted_backup folder) and rename it to PCSG01002_update​

[Chapter 2b: Decrypting game via psvpfsparser]

01. Using Vitashell, enable usb/ftp connection by pressing [SELECT]
    02. Copy the [PCSG01002] inside the ux0:app/ (if a PSN game) or gro0:app/ (if cart) and copy it to the PC [DanMachi-IC_patcher_v0.80b\encrypted_backup\app\] folder)
    03. Copy the [PCSG01002] inside the ux0: patch/ and copy it to the PC [DanMachi-IC_patcher_v0.80b\encrypted_backup\patch\] folder)
    04. *OPTIONAL* copy the [nonpdrm] inside the ux0: partition and copy it to the PC [DanMachi-IC_patcher_v0.80b\encrypted_backup\]
    05. Run [1. Decrypt_game_asset.bat] follow its instruction and wait for it to finish decrypting the files.
    06. When decrypting is done there should be a [decrypted_backup] folder created.​

[Chapter 3: Patching decrypted asset]

01. Run [2. Apply_ENG_patch_v0.80b_to_decrypted_asset.bat], follow its instruction and wait for it to finish patching.​

[Chapter 4: How to install]

01. copy the [repatch] folder inside the [Copy_to_VITA_ux0] folder to the ux0: partition of your Vita. Be sure to have NoNpDrm and rePatch plugin (v3.0) properly installed and working.
    02. Run the game.​

-----------------
    Additional Notes:
    -----------------
    ○ The game is weird it has texture assets that is on 2048x2048 resolution so overclocking may help on streaming those assets faster. So You may need to have a overclock plug-in if you feel stutters in the game and improve its loading. 444 should be enough.
    ○ Vitashell "Open decrypted" feature only works via FTP mode and would not work while in USB mode.
    ○ If there are major bugs and you want it to be fixed, contact me and send a screenshot of it or the text before or after the text bug.

Last edited by froid_san, Apr 11, 2021
    Momo333, zfreeman, kineticUk and 12 others like this.
  2. RaniaAl

RaniaAl Member
    Newcomer

Austria
    Nice,thank you for work.

3. ocinrep4444

ocinrep4444 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    your like is already dead?

4. froid_san

Philippines
    updated link, dunno why they are taking down a 180mb xdelta patcher that won't work without the user owning a copy of the game.

5. Kilkenny

Kilkenny Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey mate. Sadly, like for Omega Labyrinth Z, the .bat opens and closes on Win8

6. JaapDaniels

JaapDaniels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    most probably cause you open it as admin, what will result in starting the commands in windows\system32 map where there must be some missing files.
    instead of starting it in explorer, use CMD, use the cmd commandlines to go to the map where it all is and start the batch file manually like you would in dos.

7. Kilkenny

Kilkenny Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Nope, doesn't work with the cmd.
    I'm not the only one with that same issue when you check his topic about Omega Labyrinth Z

8. froid_san

Philippines
    I personally tested this one to work on Windows 8.1 x64 bit and it works fine. I have to install windows 8.1 on my laptop just to test. Omega patcher still is not updated to work on win8.1

maybe your AV is killing a file?

Last edited by froid_san, Apr 18, 2021
  9. Kilkenny

Kilkenny Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    In the end i found the pre patched file on the reddit thread but the game was loading endlessly lol

10. Gabe83

Gabe83 Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    Hi Froid! I love your work, and i would like to make the spanish port, can you help me?

11. froid_san

Philippines
    Unfortunately the text is still encrypted and can't really edit them, that's why the line break problem still exist. I haven't figured out the text encryption. I've made workaround to edit the font for the text using the asset of the English version to appear properly. So all text are untouched from the PC version. If there are a Spanish port of the game on switch or a pc version with Spanish language it may be possible to port that.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [Release], Infinite, Dungeon