Hacking [Release] Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? - Infinite Combate [ENG Port]]

froid_san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

Here's another quick port of a game that exist on a different platform (PC/PS4/Switch). I was trying to port this last year after the Catherine port but failed since the game text are encrypted and missing some fonts. Fortunately learned a few new stuffs while I was working on Omega labyrinth Z that ultimately help me in making this port. Due to the length and me getting busy IRL, I decided to release this as public beta even though I haven't Finished the game from start to finish, though I played up to chapter 4 and haven't encountered a game breaking bug yet.

Change log: v0.80 (Initial English port release)
What's translated:
○ All Story text
○ All Skill/description text
○ All Items/Drops/weapons/armor/description text
○ All Enemy names text
○ The Manual (since it's integrated in-game and have to manually edit them)
○ 95% Menu text?
○ 98% image format text
○ Adjusted test to be a bit smaller and adjusted a few text windows and added missing font glyphs (.'/|:;*)

What's NOT translated:
○ Trophies (Don't want to be liable if you get ban on translated trophies, so it's left as it is)
○ Few menu text that I have problems finding where that are located encrypted/not and haven't seen yet due the length of the game.

Known bugs:
○ Weird line breaks on dialog that even exist on the Steam version
○ Text over flow of items/weapons/armor description on the market (buy/sell) and on the equipment menu. Text auto line breaks on items/weapons/armor description on enhancement/Gran attribute menu. Will get fixed once I've unlocked all items so I could get a reference.
○ Let me know if you found another one.

-------------------
PS VITA Requirements:
-------------------
○ Vita game Title ID: PCSG01002 + game update version 1.02
○ Hacked Vita (Enso/h-encore 3.60/3.65/3.68)
○ Repatch plugin (installed on the Vita and verified working) (rePatch does not work on 3.73)
○ NoNpDrm plugin (installed on the Vita and verified working)
○ re00d v1.1/0syscall6
○ Vitashell
○ FTP program (Winscp recommended)
○ This English patch

Link: English windows xdelta patcher for rePatch v0.80b (186MB)

---------------------------------------------
How to patch decrypted Vita files (Windows):
---------------------------------------------

[Chapter 1: Preparing]

01. Install the Game on your Vita or insert cart and also install the game update v1.02
02. Test the game if it's working fine.
03. Extract English patch archive to a folder. ex: “DanMachi-IC_patcher_v0.80b”​

[Chapter 2a: Decrypting game via Vitashell]

01. Using Vitashell browse gro0:app/ (if cart) or ux0:app/ (if a PSN game)
02. Highlight the PCSG01002 folder and press Triangle -> then select Open decrypted Press Select and connect Via FTP
03. Using your favorite FTP application on the PC, browse gro0:app/ (if cart) ux0:app/ (if a PSN game)
04. Copy PCSG01002 folder to the PC (DanMachi-IC_patcher_v0.80b\decrypted_backup folder) and rename it to PCSG01002_base
05. Browse ux0: patch/ on your Vita again using Vitashell.
06. Highlight PCSG01002 folder and press Triangle -> then select Open decrypted again on FTP application on the PC, browse ux0: patch/
07. Copy PCSG01002 folder to the PC (DanMachi-IC_patcher_v0.80b\decrypted_backup folder) and rename it to PCSG01002_update​

[Chapter 2b: Decrypting game via psvpfsparser]

01. Using Vitashell, enable usb/ftp connection by pressing [SELECT]
02. Copy the [PCSG01002] inside the ux0:app/ (if a PSN game) or gro0:app/ (if cart) and copy it to the PC [DanMachi-IC_patcher_v0.80b\encrypted_backup\app\] folder)
03. Copy the [PCSG01002] inside the ux0: patch/ and copy it to the PC [DanMachi-IC_patcher_v0.80b\encrypted_backup\patch\] folder)
04. *OPTIONAL* copy the [nonpdrm] inside the ux0: partition and copy it to the PC [DanMachi-IC_patcher_v0.80b\encrypted_backup\]
05. Run [1. Decrypt_game_asset.bat] follow its instruction and wait for it to finish decrypting the files.
06. When decrypting is done there should be a [decrypted_backup] folder created.​

[Chapter 3: Patching decrypted asset]

01. Run [2. Apply_ENG_patch_v0.80b_to_decrypted_asset.bat], follow its instruction and wait for it to finish patching.​

[Chapter 4: How to install]

01. copy the [repatch] folder inside the [Copy_to_VITA_ux0] folder to the ux0: partition of your Vita. Be sure to have NoNpDrm and rePatch plugin (v3.0) properly installed and working.
02. Run the game.​

-----------------
Additional Notes:
-----------------
○ The game is weird it has texture assets that is on 2048x2048 resolution so overclocking may help on streaming those assets faster. So You may need to have a overclock plug-in if you feel stutters in the game and improve its loading. 444 should be enough.
○ Vitashell "Open decrypted" feature only works via FTP mode and would not work while in USB mode.
○ If there are major bugs and you want it to be fixed, contact me and send a screenshot of it or the text before or after the text bug.

Last edited by froid_san,

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey mate. Sadly, like for Omega Labyrinth Z, the .bat opens and closes on Win8
most probably cause you open it as admin, what will result in starting the commands in windows\system32 map where there must be some missing files.
instead of starting it in explorer, use CMD, use the cmd commandlines to go to the map where it all is and start the batch file manually like you would in dos.

Kilkenny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, doesn't work with the cmd.
I'm not the only one with that same issue when you check his topic about Omega Labyrinth Z

froid_san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hey mate. Sadly, like for Omega Labyrinth Z, the .bat opens and closes on Win8

I personally tested this one to work on Windows 8.1 x64 bit and it works fine. I have to install windows 8.1 on my laptop just to test. Omega patcher still is not updated to work on win8.1

maybe your AV is killing a file?

Last edited by froid_san,

Kilkenny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally tested this one to work on Windows 8.1 x64 bit and it works fine. I have to install windows 8.1 on my laptop just to test. Omega patcher still is not updated to work on win8.1

maybe your AV is killing a file?

In the end i found the pre patched file on the reddit thread but the game was loading endlessly lol

froid_san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi Froid! I love your work, and i would like to make the spanish port, can you help me?

Unfortunately the text is still encrypted and can't really edit them, that's why the line break problem still exist. I haven't figured out the text encryption. I've made workaround to edit the font for the text using the asset of the English version to appear properly. So all text are untouched from the PC version. If there are a Spanish port of the game on switch or a pc version with Spanish language it may be possible to port that.

OrcaB

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
A little help?
After applying the patch, only a few sections of the game are translated. The opening menu, the dialogue, almost everything stays Japanese for some reason. Tried using both methods to apply the patch, verified my game is 1.02, etc.

btw the Omega Labyrinth Z patch is :bow:

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys,i wanted to ask you who play the patched version in English:do the enemies appear normal or enlarged?
I with the Japanese version 1.02 do not have this problem unlike this user,any solution?

froid_san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
@froid_san ,maybe you didn't understand it isn't me who has this problem(i play unpatched in Japanese),but the user of the previous post.

Sorry I thought you are the one asking since you're the one posting.

anyways I updated my vita to 3.65 and it seems to work fine with me and no enlarged enemies even on the exact same screenshot as the one posted on vita cheats

I've made a video of it

here is my config for refference to anyone having problems. User may need to update their ReF00D to the latest one that does not use keys.bin and latest rePatch. Old reF00d have bugs with unity games and this is a unity game.

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/reF00D.skprx
ur0:tai/repatch.skprx
ur0:tai/LOLIcon.skprx
ur0:tai/udcd_uvc.skprx
ur0:tai/nopsmdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/vitacheat.skprx
ur0:tai/noavls.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget

*NPXS10015
ur0:tai/macspoofer.suprx

*NPXS10016
[/spoler]

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry I thought you are the one asking since you're the one posting.

anyways I updated my vita to 3.65 and it seems to work fine with me and no enlarged enemies even on the exact same screenshot as the one posted on vita cheats

I've made a video of it

here is my config for refference to anyone having problems. User may need to update their ReF00D to the latest one that does not use keys.bin and latest rePatch. Old reF00d have bugs with unity games and this is a unity game.

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/reF00D.skprx
ur0:tai/repatch.skprx
ur0:tai/LOLIcon.skprx
ur0:tai/udcd_uvc.skprx
ur0:tai/nopsmdrm.skprx
ur0:tai/vitacheat.skprx
ur0:tai/noavls.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget

*NPXS10015

*NPXS10016
[/spoler]

@froid_san don't worry,it can happen to misunderstand,the user said he has the cfw 3.68 and replied that it may be the reason for the malfunction of the game, however if you go to the link of my previous post and scroll you will see that i did a short gameplay with the version not patched and that i also posted my config.txt and that i also installed 3.65 Enso.

Reactions: MichaelWilliams1234

frtyyui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
I don't think it's the patch, I tried. game and from the bug.
on 3.73 the patch works.

Attachments

• 2021-06-13-184842.jpg
    2021-06-13-184842.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 2021-06-13-190128.jpg
    2021-06-13-190128.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 121
Last edited by frtyyui,

Gunnme

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a problem.
I made all as describbed. The game is in english, but enemies have no IA. They attack, but don't move.
NoNpDrm installed and working.
Installed reF00D v1.1

My Fw. is 3.60
Any idea?

Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over