Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
varpur said:
dude no offence but if you stop, people won't die, it's gonna come out anyway, i personally respect the fact that translating this stuff is hard, nothing will change if u stop or not, not saying u continue and do the whole game ( i don't really care about that) it just that u can't expect people to worship u just cos ur tranlsating some pokemon game.
Sigh... Next person to troll gets reported. No one cares for your ignorant opinion. Really, I don't remember asking your opinion about the situation. Infact, no one did, so why are you giving it? No one asked for your opinion and I can't speak for everyone, but I honestly don't care for it. Really, I'm gonna say it now, I don't give a shit about your opinion. Especially if you're putting words in my mouth.

This goes for all you other ignorant n00bs who think I gave a crap about your opinion. Seriously, if you're not going to say anything useful then don't post. If nobody asks for your opinion and it isn't helpful, don't post. You're wasting your time.

Further trolling by ignorant n00bs or just ignoramouses overall, will be reported. I'm done tolerating this.

varpur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if u don't care, u shouldn't be replying, go on report me, i'm really scared.
It's quite obvious that ur a dick, seriously, u get pissed of because people don't rate your videos highly, anyone that doesn't say "OMG WATARU UR GOD' their opinion doesn't really matter, also it is a "FORUM" i don't have to ask permission from a whiny little bitch like you to give me opinion, don't bother replying, i've had enough ur bullshit.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
varpur said:
if u don't care, u shouldn't be replying, go on report me, i'm really scared.
It's quite obvious that ur a dick, seriously, u get pissed of because people don't rate your videos highly, anyone that doesn't say "OMG WATARU UR GOD' their opinion doesn't really matter, also it is a "FORUM" i don't have to ask permission from a whiny little bitch like you to give me opinion, don't bother replying, i've had enough ur bullshit.
Reported. Have a good day Mr. Ignorant Flaming Derailer who thinks I care about his opinion.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WataruKun, i think it's your choice, if you wish to continue this translation hack. Not for people on this forum, who think they can decide for you and are just deciding to "take the mickey" by halting further progress on the translation.

Personaly, I think... this is an excellent and accurate translation that you have going here and if people decide to ruin it, then don't let them!
smile.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
OK......now I'm a bit pissed off..

What the hell with all the offtopic and flaming?!

I won't call out names, EVERYTHING STOPS NOW!! Further arguments and offtopic will result in warns and possible suspension!

I don't care who you are, what you did, if you're not part of staff and you're messing this topic up, I will punish you! You are all warned, I'm sick of seeing reports on the same thing from day to day!

Enjoy
smile.gif

AND DO NOT REPLY TO MY POST, IT WILL ALSO BE CONSIDERED AS OFFTOPIC!!

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The moderators have better things to do instead of "cleaning up after everyone has gone home from a party." They have a forum to run and we should be happy they are there. If they weren't, GBATemp wouldn't be where it is today!

So, please... I ask that, we "kindly" get back on topic and stop with trolling and flaming!

In other words: If you have nothing nice to say, don't bother saying it at all!

Thank you.
smile.gif

Edit: Also, the reporting system shouldn't be abused, as it's there for a reason! (i sounded like a moderator myself, for a moment there. Please, let me off for that.
laugh.gif
)

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To help control the situation, I'm pretty much done replying to post here until Beta 5. If you make ignorant claims, you will be ignored. If I see derailing, I'll report you. It seems that I have to sort of minimod my own thread now. I don't care for your opinion good or bad. This is not a "tell me Watarukun your helpless opinion even though he never asked for it" topic. And now, I leave.

Anything and I mean anything that's off-topic or derails, shall be reported. You will no longer be answering to me, you'll be answering to the mods.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Beta 5, i look forward to seeing that in the near future.
wink.gif

Edit: Watarukun, i'll try to help you keep a close eye on this thread as well. No flamers or trollers are going to ruin this thread anymore, whilst i'm around. Otherwise, they will be fed to the lions! (In otherwords, the mods)
laugh.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
WataruKun said:
To help control the situation, I'm pretty much done replying to post here until Beta 5. If you make ignorant claims, you will be ignored. If I see derailing, I'll report you. It seems that I have to sort of minimod my own thread now. I don't care for your opinion good or bad. This is not a "tell me Watarukun your helpless opinion even though he never asked for it" topic. And now, I leave.

Anything and I mean anything that's off-topic or derails, shall be reported. You will no longer be answering to me, you'll be answering to the mods.
Sounds good to me!

neolaguna

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dont listen to alle these haters WataruKun, where ppl working hard on stuff, there are boring and annoying haters, sad but true.

You did great work and made SSHG playable for every non-JP person.

I only created this account to tell you that, even if you have stopped on working.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
WataruKun said:

Sounds good to me!
You have a rough job, having to clean up that huge pile of mess.
frown.gif

On-Topic:
Great job on the translation Wataru, it's your translation, so it's your choice whether to keep translating or stop.
Good job anyway, we appreciate it.
smile.gif

mrbillishere

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for you Watarukun, a few weeks ago, before you released beta 4, you mentioned that you were considering publishing your next patch (or a version of your next patch) which would not contain the bits from Rudolph's patch (built in). Would you still be up for that?

If I understand the theory, then a flashcart user would just apply your translation patch and run the rom. As opposed to someone using no$GBA, which would require the addition of Rudolph's patch to the rom after applying your translation patch. (e.g. my kids - they're playing your translation on our Vista computer using the emulator; I can't because my laptop sucks at running no$gba.)

Come to think of it, that strategy would potentially confuse/incite those noisome users who always pipe up with 'I can't get your patch to work', and we don't need more of that (!) so... perhaps a better strategy would be to provide a patch for M3 users that would restore the bits Rudolph's patch changed to their original state. Your audience for that patch would be only flashcart users such as myself.

Could you swing that?

I'm more than capable of applying patches and unpacking and repacking roms, but I don't have the skill to analyze the before and after of Rudolphs patch to derive the delta bits. (At least I don't think I can... hmmm... could xdelta assist?)

I'm asking because, as an M3 flashcart user I am still occasionally getting hit by freeze-ups even though I have the arm7 patch installed. I suspect it is due to the arm7 swap essentially fixing one thing, but breaking another... or just not covering some other circumstance besides the primary use case which was to fix the pokegear. Today, for instance, my character walked into the GTS for the first time, and like an idiot, I said Yes to some prompt from one of the NPCs and then got hit with a freeze up.

Thanks, I hope you'll consider it. We really appreciate the contribution you're making. Seriously.

Septher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I've never really posted on here, but I've been keeping a close eye on this thread ever since Wataru first started translating. It's made quite a bit of progress, and quite frankly, I wouldn't care at all if Wataru stopped translating; he's done enough, and someone else could pick up where he left off.

I have a small question that may or may not have already been answered in this thread, but I just want to be sure before I start playing. If I use Wataru's translated version of Soul Silver, will I be able to use the SAV. file on different ROM, such as the official English version? I don't want to start playing only to be stuck with a half translated version of the game. It may be a dumb or obvious question, but I'm new to the whole flashcart thing.

PewpewFiah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To be perfectly honest I've run every patch Wataru has released on my EZ-Flash V without a single problem ever. It's frozen a few times but that was on my way of getting Beta4 on HG, So i'd say it's just that flash cart rather than applying the patch.

@ Septher

it can be used on it you just need to make sure that the official name of the game is the same as your current save file.

Example:

Your Current .sav file: SoulSilverWataru.sav
Official game name: PokemonSoulSilver.nds

You must now rename your .sav file to: PokemonSoulSilver.sav

If ya get me :] Then it will work exactly the same!

Septher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PewpewFiah said:
To be perfectly honest I've run every patch Wataru has released on my EZ-Flash V without a single problem ever. It's frozen a few times but that was on my way of getting Beta4 on HG, So i'd say it's just that flash cart rather than applying the patch.

@ Septher

it can be used on it you just need to make sure that the official name of the game is the same as your current save file.

Example:

I see. I'll be sure to remember this. Thanks.

Finnboghi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Septher said:
PewpewFiah said:

@ Septher

Example:

I see. I'll be sure to remember this. Thanks.

This is not necessarily true.

For the most part it should, but there is a slight chance that some part of the save/load code will be changed in the English version, in which case your save file will be unusable.

For example, if a single class or function's name is changed, then the save file will likely change accordingly (It's possible that it won't, even if they do change - the code for save/load could translate between the old and new).

So, 99% chance it will work exactly as it did, 1% chance the whole thing blows up and you have to start again. I would suggest playing the other game (If you play SS, go HG, or vice versa).

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Finnboghi said:
This is not necessarily true.

For the most part it should, but there is a slight chance that some part of the save/load code will be changed in the English version, in which case your save file will be unusable.

For example, if a single class or function's name is changed, then the save file will likely change accordingly (It's possible that it won't, even if they do change - the code for save/load could translate between the old and new).

So, 99% chance it will work exactly as it did, 1% chance the whole thing blows up and you have to start again. I would suggest playing the other game (If you play SS, go HG, or vice versa).
But SS saves work with HG and vice versa.
JP Platinum saves work with US Platinum and vice versa.
JP DP saves work with US DP and vice versa.

What makes you think that it won't work?

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure if this was posted or hinted at in previous posts, but what do you think will be in the new patch (V4, V4.1, or Beta5)???
Also, will it be up to Olivine or Cianwood??? (if it is a dialogue translation. If it is a minor text translation, what will be translated???)

You are a great translator!!!
yaynds.gif

Off-Topic(???): If you need help doing bitmap work, just ask me.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acenima said:
Watara said he is translating up to the elite 4 then stopping.
I knew that, but I think you overread my question: I wasn't asking what his total project will accomplish, but rather what the next installment will bring (i sounded a little to professional. lol)

In other words, what will the next patch be up to; Cianwood's Gym (Chuck) or Olivine's Gym (Jasmine)???
unsure.gif

Thank you for being rational in your answer and not flipping out on me!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y