Not open for further replies.

LonelyAzianGuy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because one poster gave me good advice and got my interest back a little bit to at least check back to see if it was going to be a full trans or not. I'm not bashing your patch or saying anything negative; are you really this stupid?

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rolyat137 said:
bwillb said:
Oh boy... almost made it a whole day without a flame war starting

I Know Rite?
All you guys have to do is ignore him. All it takes is ONE MORE PERSON replying to him to continue the derailing. Heck, if you reply to him, you are a troll too, even if it's not intended.

So those who continue to derail the topic will be reported. This includes trolls and people replying to the troll.

LonelyAzianGuy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell me how I'm a troll.

I asked a simple question pertaining to the topic.

I never said anything negative about it. All I said before was it seems like it's not for me. I even told everyone else to enjoy it.

How is that trolling?

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, I'm thinking about releasing a Beta 3.1 later sometime. It'll basically be Beta 3, with a lot of added text that wasn't in the original Beta 3. This includes items, NPC's and heck, maybe even the descriptions when you check something inside the houses.

midniteoctopus

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LonelyAzianGuy said:
Tell me how I'm a troll.

I asked a simple question pertaining to the topic.

I never said anything negative about it. All I said before was it seems like it's not for me. I even told everyone else to enjoy it.

How is that trolling?
You're not the first person to be treated rudely in this thread. Just come back later to check on the patch's progress if you're still interested.

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I swear if this shit doesn't stop I will request the topic be fucking locked. Stop this derailing bullshit. I've had enough. Or you can go on and I'll just move my topic elsewhere. So keep derailing my fucking topic. And yes, I'm angry, I have a right, you ARE DERAILING MY FUCKING TOPIC!.

ZackZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back on to the topic...

V3 does just as well as V2 and V2.2 have done, WataruKun... though I haven't done a complete playthrough from the beginning; I'll fix that overnight tonight and post if I notice anything off. Keep it up!

Kasai23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Anyway, I'm thinking about releasing a Beta 3.1 later sometime. It'll basically be Beta 3, with a lot of added text that wasn't in the original Beta 3. This includes items, NPC's and heck, maybe even the descriptions when you check something inside the houses.
I'm looking forward for this. You're doing a great job so far, keep up the good work.
smile.gif

kamakazikilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright..... i was wondering if somebody could help me out here......

see..... what im trying to do, is use this amazing translation deal you have going on here....

but im also trying to make sure the game doesnt crash....

sooooo, i used the rudolph patch.....

but, what that does, is not allow me to change the translated file, or allow me to translate after it's been changed to the .BAK file

there has to be some way around this, and if not.... it makes me sad and should be looked into possibly..

if there is a way to do it and i have really spent two hours failing to figure it out myself.... PLEASE TELL ME IM AN IDIOT, AND KINDLY SHARE THE WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE =]

thank you!!

if you are not clear about what i am asking, i will go into further detail.. but i think this should suffice

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Rolyat137 said:
bwillb said:
Oh boy... almost made it a whole day without a flame war starting

I Know Rite?
All you guys have to do is ignore him. All it takes is ONE MORE PERSON replying to him to continue the derailing. Heck, if you reply to him, you are a troll too, even if it's not intended.

So those who continue to derail the topic will be reported. This includes trolls and people replying to the troll.
uhh... you're the only one replying to him aren't you? color me confused.

Nugg2396

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Good job Wataru!!
grog.gif

I have no idea why I keep patching my game with this patch eventhough i'm not playing it lol.. for some reason i'm playing Pokemon Crystal on Lameboy more..

kamakazikilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heyy!! lol, dont lock this, i still need help???? lol

i have a legitamite issue here =p

dont punish the world for a few people's anability to be mature......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think