Tutorial MACycle - The Improved MAC Changer for HomePass!

Do you guys want to try an Open Beta with MACycle 2.00?

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
So it seems people's cooldown periods don't seem to work, so I'm going to look into that and see what it could possibly be. It seems to work for me before, but I'll do some extensive debugging to see if I can replicate it.

Anyways, some more advancements, I've redone the saving and loading of MACs. It's no longer done via XML, but INI (because I couldn't get it to load, plus the save code was made like, 200x more efficient). They're still interchangeable, however.

Edit: I've found and fixed the bug where the cooldown value stays at three seconds regardless of user setting. Yay!

Edit 2: Killing even more bugs: I've removed a bug where, if you forget to choose a sequence mode, the start/stop button won't revert properly.

Fast fact: Both of these bugs were fixed with one line of code each.

Edit 3: After preliminary testing, the parsing of a user-defined list WORKS PERFECTLY (As far as I know). This is the major focus point of the update, so a release, now, shouldn't be too far off.

Edit 4: I'm doing some closed beta testing with Ermelber, once this version is as bug-free as we can get it, a release will be imminent.

Edit 5: Added another useful feature to the program. Settings can now be saved at any time using Ctrl+S, and your custom MAC list can be saved at any time using Ctrl+Shift+S. This is to avoid issues with the application not saving if the program crashes, or if you get a BSOD (The normal saving code is on FormClose, and FormClose is not triggered if the program or your computer crashes).

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Previous post:
Alright. So I'm very close to release, but there's one thing missing. And it's something I can't fix without your input. So I'm going to hold a contest.

What I want, is logos and icons. However, I know that there is a lot of talent and skill here. So, what I plan to do is host an anonymous page where you put your GBAtemp username (This is required!), and you attach a .zip file with an icon file for MACycle, as well as a banner (These both are required. If you don't have both a banner and an icon, your entry will be disqualified). The submission deadline will be on Saturday, February 8, 2014, where MACycle 1.31 will be released with the new icon. To enter the contest, please visit the link below:

http://goo.gl/eXiVXP (If you want to put this on the front page, feel free to do so!)

I will still release 1.30 soon, but 1.31 will have a logo, provided there are entries.

Edit: Fixed the upload page. Please try again.

ANYWAYS, Ladies and gentlemen, after many months, and my procrastination, I am FINALLY proud to present to you: MACYCLE 1.30! You can download it here: http://bit.ly/1nhhGCN

Note: The source for this version will be a slight delay so I can fix up and comment the code I have added for reference purposes. Sorry about that!

Changelog (copied from the help tab)
V1.30: FINALLY LOL! Added ini file, no longer need macycle config file, added default values for the settings, re-enabled Nintendo World MACs with warning, added start/stop hostednetwork buttons, rearranged the tabs slightly to make a tad more sense, aesthetic updates, added error codes for when "Problem doing the cycle" errors show, added saving and loading of custom-defined MAC Addresses via INI, fixed a bug where the cooldown would stay at three seconds regardless of what the user sets, fixed another bug where if you don't select a sequence mode, you will have to restart the program to be able to do that again, implemented the ability to make and use custom listings of MAC addresses, added hotkeys for saving settings and MACs on the fly.

Enjoy everyone!!!

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
You listened to everyone! :D
THANKYOU!
I just needed the actual time to work on it haha. Having a real life sucks haha.

Thank you for your hard work this is by far the best cycler out there :)
Thanks c:

Anyways, aside from the release of 1.30, I want something. What I want, is logos and icons. However, I know that there is a lot of talent and skill here. So, what I plan to do is host an anonymous page where you put your GBAtemp username (This is required!), and you attach a .zip file with an icon file for MACycle, as well as a banner (These both are required. If you don't have both a banner and an icon, your entry will be disqualified). The submission deadline will be on Saturday, February 8, 2014, where MACycle 1.31 will be released with the new icon. To enter the contest, please visit the link below:

http://goo.gl/eXiVXP (If you want to put this on the front page, feel free to do so!)

Uziumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well after like one hour it doesn't seem like it's crashing my computer no more so it seems that problem might be fixed (would maybe give it another go to just make sure), but I ran into a bigger problem.
For that whole hour, I did not get a single hit on my 3DS at all. I set the timer for 5 minutes, tried both sequential and random and I'm not getting anything at all.

EDIT I: Would also like to say the Pause and Next button are not working either.

EDIT II: For some reason it seems that my shared connection was turned off during the process which caused me to not get any hits. Fixed the problem on that case. So pretty much all I have to do now is see if this keeps up without crashing my computer.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Well after like one hour it doesn't seem like it's crashing my computer no more so it seems that problem might be fixed (would maybe give it another go to just make sure), but I ran into a bigger problem.
For that whole hour, I did not get a single hit on my 3DS at all. I set the timer for 5 minutes, tried both sequential and random and I'm not getting anything at all.

EDIT I: Would also like to say the Pause and Next button are not working either.

EDIT II: For some reason it seems that my shared connection was turned off during the process which caused me to not get any hits. Fixed the problem on that case. So pretty much all I have to do now is see if this keeps up without crashing my computer.

I know the buttons aren't working. They're placeholders for now. I hope to implement them in a few revisions down the road.

And don't forget, everyone! You have 8 days left to enter the contest! http://goo.gl/eXiVXP

Tim Williams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple questions, is there any way to make this program automatically start changing macs when it launches? Also is there a way to minimize the program to the windows tray (little icons in lower right next to clock) that way it's not on the task bar and accidentally gets closed.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Couple questions, is there any way to make this program automatically start changing macs when it launches? Also is there a way to minimize the program to the windows tray (little icons in lower right next to clock) that way it's not on the task bar and accidentally gets closed.

Having it start on launch could be troublesome, as there's at least two different cycling modes to use. It isn't that hard and takes only seconds to set up though, so I don't think I'll implement that. As for the tray, I could try that, but again, that's not much of a priority.

I'm also awaiting the first submission for the MACycle logo contest. I have yet to get any entries, so please submit them! You have until this Saturday, however, if I have no submissions, I will extend it to next Saturday (Feb. 15th).

pavachan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Wanted to make a tiny suggestion.

In Windows 8.1 64-bit (I did not test with any other OS), whenever the program changes the MAC of the Wifi dongle and enables the hostednetwork again, sometimes, quite randomly, the sharing of the 'Ethernet' internet connection is not working. I have to disable and then enable the 'Ethernet' connection for it to be shared again (it is faster than going into its properties disabling sharing, exiting, going in again and re-enabling sharing).

So I would suggest, if possible, to add an option to also disable and re-enable the Ethernet connection when cycling MACs. - changing the Cycle Cooldown did not help solve this.

Thank You :)

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Wanted to make a tiny suggestion.

In Windows 8.1 64-bit (I did not test with any other OS), whenever the program changes the MAC of the Wifi dongle and enables the hostednetwork again, sometimes, quite randomly, the sharing of the 'Ethernet' internet connection is not working. I have to disable and then enable the 'Ethernet' connection for it to be shared again (it is faster than going into its properties disabling sharing, exiting, going in again and re-enabling sharing).

So I would suggest, if possible, to add an option to also disable and re-enable the Ethernet connection when cycling MACs. - changing the Cycle Cooldown did not help solve this.

Thank You :)
This happened to me all the time while this would be a nice option what fixed my problem was that i dont start the hosted network in the first place. I just start using the cycler and it starts the hostednetwork on its own.

Tim Williams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something else that would be cool is an option to make it so when it finishes cycling through all the macs it can automatically start again from the beginning

aspireteur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay i have some good news people. After following the guide very carefully I have it FINALLY WORKING!!!!!
Woooo celebration!
Now I'm running windows 8.1 (64 bit) and I'm using a wifi USB dongle TP link TL-WN721N its pretty cheap and I was laying around.

A bit of advice for people who cant get it working on windows 8.1 make sure you have the latest drivers. At first I plugged in my wifi dongle and it was working fine for connecting to wifi networks but when i tried to start hostednetwork in cmd my pc rebooted randomly and it happened always. So i downloaded the latest drivers for my wifi dongle and now everything works fine. So make sure you have the latest drivers cause it seems most problems are with drivers.
If you need anything just ask I'll try to help if i can :)
Hello I have a wifi usb dongle TP link TL-722N with 10.0.0.25 driver (date of this driver:05/13/2013)
Does it the latest driver because i can only streetpass once and i must wait 8 hour (even when the MAC have changed).
all works except that.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello I have a wifi usb dongle TP link TL-722N with 10.0.0.25 driver (date of this driver:05/13/2013)
Does it the latest driver because i can only streetpass once and i must wait 8 hour (even when the MAC have changed).
all works except that.
Let me get this straight you get one streetpass of one mac and then when it changes nothing happens until 8 hours after?
If so do you still have internet access when the mac changes.

One little note for everyone. DON'T use the cycler until you've tested that when changing mac's you can still connect to attwifi and have internet access. You can test that by using macshift and manually changing between macs. Try to manually change your mac and test the connection.

Reactions: loco365

vulp_vibes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The banner, it doesn't matter, as it can be scaled, but the icon needs to be in a square shape for it to look best.
wicked, I'm basically done then
I'll sleep on it since I stayed up way too long following the sonic boom fiasco, I'll have it in tomorrow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste