Tutorial MACycle - The Improved MAC Changer for HomePass!

Do you guys want to try an Open Beta with MACycle 2.00?

• Yes

Votes: 56 94.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I figured out what card it is (anatel wn5301a), and im having trouble finding out what driver it needs.
I thought I found one, but during installing, it freaked out and gave me another BSOD.
Why does wifi always need to be such a nightmare on windows..:nayps3:
Yea try to find one it could be difficult there might not be any new ones and maybe your card wont let you change macs. If you don't manage that just get a cheap wifi dongle or a dd wrt router. You can ask in the other thread for confirmed ones that work fine and arent expensive

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah I know there's adapters that literally cost pennies, its the 2 week mail wait that annoys me. :')

And of all places, I found my card, along with drivers, here.
Still waiting on the download, ive got a 150mbps line but its snailing along at 40kb/s. (#56k_nostalgia)
Lets hope that ll fix my wagon, I live in a desolate hole where no 3DS ever dares venture, and I NEEEEED my streetpass fix!
Or can you already tell from its ebay specs that I don't stand a chance in hell of getting this to work? :creep:

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah I know there's adapters that literally cost pennies, its the 2 week mail wait that annoys me. :')

And of all places, I found my card, along with drivers, here.
Still waiting on the download, ive got a 150mbps line but its snailing along at 40kb/s. (#56k_nostalgia)
Lets hope that ll fix my wagon, I live in a desolate hole where no 3DS ever dares venture, and I NEEEEED my streetpass fix!
Or can you already tell from its ebay specs that I don't stand a chance in hell of getting this to work? :creep:
There is a big possibility that it might not work but its worth a try. I know the wait kills me too xD lol but it might be worth going to an electronics shop where you live and find a usb wifi or something i got mine for like 10 euros in my local shop

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The drivers windows installed on its own say Atheros 2.0.0.75,
and the one thats (still) downloading from that link on ebay say Atheros 10.0.0.221
Soooo that might have something to do with it. ;)

I just hope the v10 driver is compatible with win7 though.. Another 2 minutes and ill know.

Can I ask you which driver version you are running, since atheros seems to have one driver for their entire line of chipsets?

Reactions: DarkKnigh_t

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The drivers windows installed on its own say Atheros 2.0.0.75,
and the one thats (still) downloading from that link on ebay say Atheros 10.0.0.221
Soooo that might have something to do with it. ;)

I just hope the v10 driver is compatible with win7 though.. Another 2 minutes and ill know.
Keep us updated :) GL

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Welp, it did successfully update from v2 to v10 and its still booting up fine,
macycle 1.2 even seems to be running without making everything explode.
My 3DS happily reports there is a nintendo zone nearby as well.
So that's the good news. :yaynds:

Now comes the weird bit though. Apparently ive now met 25 Mii's... yesterday!
And when I go to something like puzzleswap, it says I havent met anyone yet.
There is no one at the entrance either... so whatsup with that? :huh:

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Welp, it did successfully update from v2 to v10 and its still booting up fine,
macycle 1.2 even seems to be running without making everything explode.
My 3DS happily reports there is a nintendo zone nearby as well.
So that's the good news. :yaynds:

Now comes the weird bit though. Apparently ive now met 25 Mii's... yesterday!
And when I go to something like puzzleswap, it says I havent met anyone yet.
There is no one at the entrance either... so whatsup with that? :huh:
Do you get the green light when changing macs?

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It has cycled through 2 of em sofar according to macycle, but no green light yet.
Is there a way to confirm it is indeed using a spoofed mac?

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ive been enjoying myself with this streetpass thing, though I was wondering,
is there a list of locations and MACs somewhere so I could meet up with my friends across the globe?
Or what happens if we both have a machine spoofing the same MAC? Would we streetpass one another?

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ive been enjoying myself with this streetpass thing, though I was wondering,
is there a list of locations and MACs somewhere so I could meet up with my friends across the globe?
Or what happens if we both have a machine spoofing the same MAC? Would we streetpass one another?
I think you can but I'm not sure. You can check your 3ds MAC in internet settings and then you give that to your friends and then you put their MAC into the cycler.

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Isn't that the 3DS's own MAC, rather than the one it is connected to?

I wish Nintendo would deal with spotpass and give us back swapnote already.. :glare:
Having to machack through Nintendo zones to get in touch with far away friends isn't kosher.

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Isn't that the 3DS's own MAC, rather than the one it is connected to?

I wish Nintendo would deal with spotpass and give us back swapnote already.. :glare:
Having to machack through Nintendo zones to get in touch with far away friends isn't kosher.
I don't know well if two 3ds's pass next to eachother on the street i think the macs get exchanged correct me if I'm wrong. If you then change your wifis mac to your friends mac address then its like you streetpassing right?

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I suppose, but I don't think my server knows how to properly respond to a streetpass call addressed directly to it.
I mean where would it get the mii data from? Isnt that all normally stored onboard the device? Or is it like, cloud based?

DarkKnigh_t

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I suppose, but I don't think my server knows how to properly respond to a streetpass call addressed directly to it.
I mean where would it get the mii data from? Isnt that all normally stored onboard the device? Or is it like, cloud based?
hmmmm yea your right so basically that means you have to get your friends router that makes them access the internet address right?

Uziumi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to take a guess that I'm not using this right.
I originally used Chaldron Mac Cycler, but I noticed for the last few weeks that I tried it that it would completely crash my computer which is how I was led to this topic today.
I tried this program and set it to random and noticed it went through 10 MACs so far and I have yet gotten any hits on my 3DS.
While I do know 90% of the MACs on the MAC Cycler MAX of Chaldron never gave me Miis, the first 20 usually give me a 6 Miis every so often.
I'm wondering if I'm somehow using this wrong or this program isn't meant to work for me.
I'm on Windows 8 at the moment. Chaldron's did not work on my Windows 7 laptop.

Update, it seems that both of these programs are now crashing my computer and I never had that kind of problem before. It crashes when it's Changing the MAC or "Changing Adapter"
Took two shots of it happening. Also sorry for the quality as I couldn't take a screen shot due to it restarting the computer about 10 seconds after this happening.

Crash #1
http://imgur.com/93zMzPK
Crash #2
http://imgur.com/qOX9NNp

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, not quite time to get excited, but here's what I've done so far for 1.21 1.3:

*snip*

Great work, Team Fail! I can't wait to try this out once I return to the States in about a week.

If I could make one feature suggestion, could you possibly add in an option for MACycle to run indefinitely? Like, once it completes whatever list it is on it would just start again? That's the only thing I feel this program is missing.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
Great work, Team Fail! I can't wait to try this out once I return to the States in about a week.

If I could make one feature suggestion, could you possibly add in an option for MACycle to run indefinitely? Like, once it completes whatever list it is on it would just start again? That's the only thing I feel this program is missing.

That could be an option I could add. I'll add it to my to-do list, but it's not a priority now.

I have a few days off this week, so if my mother stops wailing at me to do stuff, I'll try working more on it. (Tests and work suck ngl)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay