Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Furqaan12

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
I have a 3ds fbi install in it and i follow installatiom guide on youtube.it turn off witoute turning on only a blue light appear please helo me

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't read everything, but did you put luma on the ctrnand? something may be wrong with either the sd card or the card reader of the 3ds. be careful with the card read, especially in the n3ds, because it can get damaged easily just like I've heard can happen with the switch.

I just found out something new with quick boot. I was able to get the splash screen to work perfectly by using boot/quiet boot in its settings (home). there was a slight glitch when booting godmode in the ctrnand otherwise, where the logo would appear quickly, then go off.

Furqaan12

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
H2testw did not give me any error
I try to boot my 3ds by using cfwkit on the root of my abd holding the select button but it didn't work

I dont thini that the reader is damage as i can see that when i inset the sd,the 3ds does not turn off imediately but take some time

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
H2testw did not give me any error
I try to boot my 3ds by using cfwkit on the root of my abd holding the select button but it didn't work

I dont thini that the reader is damage as i can see that when i inset the sd,the 3ds does not turn off imediately but take some time
Are you on the latest b9s version?

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the user time / RTC supposed to be set proper using newest Luma ?
Build notes say:
  • Programs like ctr-no-timeoffset should not be needed anymore. Also, even if 3ds.hacks.guide recommends it and GodMode9 mandates it, time offset nullification should not be done
Of course way back I altered RTC with GM9 (mandatory at first launch), which I guess screwed up with time offset.
Currently on my system RTC = time in Settings, which I believe is not optimal (nullification).
How shall I reset all time parameters to stock, and should I ?

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
How is the user time / RTC supposed to be set proper using newest Luma ?
Build notes say:
  • Programs like ctr-no-timeoffset should not be needed anymore. Also, even if 3ds.hacks.guide recommends it and GodMode9 mandates it, time offset nullification should not be done
Of course way back I altered RTC with GM9 (mandatory at first launch), which I guess screwed up with time offset.
Currently on my system RTC = time in Settings, which I believe is not optimal (nullification).
How shall I reset all time parameters to stock, and should I ?
The 3ds.hacks.guide describes the nullification procedure at the finalizing step.
But I don't get the point too. Should nullification be done or not? Why it's ok from the rosalina menu, but bad from gm9 or ctrnotimeoffset?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The 3ds.hacks.guide describes the nullification procedure at the finalizing step.
But I don't get the point too. Should nullification be done or not? Why it's ok from the rosalina menu, but bad from gm9 or ctrnotimeoffset?
Hope I got everything right – somebody correct me if I'm (partially) wrong:

It was recently discovered that the nullification might cause a random black screens for some minutes when booting. If this happens on a 2|3DS, it will happen only once. Wait some minutes, Home Menu will load eventually → no further problems that I know of.
Setting the hardware clock date/time correctly will also make GodMode9 use correct time stamps on files. I didn't get the warning in Luma3DS 10.3 changelog (and will keep my hardware clock on the correct/real value aka "offset nullification").

If you don't want to keep the offset set to zero, then take out the battery for some seconds.

"Why it's ok from the rosalina menu, but bad from gm9 or ctrnotimeoffset?" The new Luma3DS has two functions:
a) Use NTP for setting date/time shown in Home Menu​
b) Set offset to zero​
The second function is there, but they advise against using it (there is no difference in the result if GodMode9, a dedicated app or Luma3DS sets the offset to zero)

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The new Luma3DS has two functions:
a) Use NTP for setting date/time shown in Home Menu​
b) Set offset to zero​
The second function is there, but they advise against using it (there is no difference in the result if GodMode9, a dedicated app or Luma3DS sets the offset to zero)
But the guide recommends nullification, from the rosalina menu.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But the guide recommends nullification, from the rosalina menu.
Yes, Luma3DS developers and 3ds.hacks.guide contradict each other (and they shouldn't do that).

Do as you like. In the worst case time nullification will cause some minutes boot time once. I find it much cleaner setting the hardware clock correctly.

sockkk

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
So if I had done the user time nullification before as part of setup, how do I revert it back to what luma recommends?

Because I noticed that now my SD card sets the modification dates to 8 hours ahead of my current time (which is UTC+8)

Last edited by sockkk,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I had done the user time nullification before as part of setup, how do I revert it back to what luma recommends?

Because I noticed that now my SD card sets the modification dates to 8 hours ahead of my current time (which is UTC+8)
Just set rtc time in godmode

Reactions: Pin1988

Pin1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just wanted to say here how much I appreciate that at least a single Dev (TuxSH) has revived the Luma3DS development and is now apparently almost working on it daily. There was a long time with not a single commit (192 days was the record I believe) and I'm happy it's getting better again :-) This console is too new and too great to be dead ;-) THANKS!

Nitendope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I am trying to update my Luma3DS and emuNand but it's been so long that I haven't touched my 3DS that I am clueless as to how to do so and was hoping you all could point me in the right direction. I am on 11.1.0-34U and I don't what version of Luma3DS is running. I tried to press and hold "select" and "start" but it's not going into my configuration menu....probably because I set up ctrBootManager and that pops up first. If I can just figure out my Luma3DS version I think I can follow a tutorial successfully on how to update. I'm just worried because I have read that there are different methods for updating depending on if you are over Luma3DS 7.0 or not. Also, I have tried to run the Luma3DS updater but it fails every time and reboots. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: