Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I am trying to update my Luma3DS and emuNand but it's been so long that I haven't touched my 3DS that I am clueless as to how to do so and was hoping you all could point me in the right direction. I am on 11.1.0-34U and I don't what version of Luma3DS is running. I tried to press and hold "select" and "start" but it's not going into my configuration menu....probably because I set up ctrBootManager and that pops up first. If I can just figure out my Luma3DS version I think I can follow a tutorial successfully on how to update. I'm just worried because I have read that there are different methods for updating depending on if you are over Luma3DS 7.0 or not. Also, I have tried to run the Luma3DS updater but it fails every time and reboots. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Check updating to b9s from a9lh on that 3ds guide.

Nitendope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this thread on here and this guy is on the same setup as me but it's from 2018. Would updating be the same method today just with the updated files? (525395/post-8417512) I put the post number because I don't have permission to link anything as I am a new member :P

Thanks for the reply as well.

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Time to update.

v11.0​

Latest

@TuxSH
TuxSH released this 8 hours ago

v11.0

• Migrate the configuration to INI format(config.bin becomes config.ini)
    • This means that configuration is now human-readable, and makes situations like wanting to modify Rosalina's combo without opening its menu much easier to resolve
    • The following options have been removed from the config menu and moved to be exclusively in the INI file:
      • "Splash duration": this is because it can now be configured to take any 32-bit value (default: 3 seconds)
      • "Set developer UNITINFO",
      • "Disable Arm11 exception handlers"
      • "Enable Rosalina on SAFE_FIRM"
    • "Show NAND or user string in System Settings" is now enabled by default, when auto-generating a blank configuration file
  • Essential system files (bootROMs, OTP, HWCAL, LCFS, SecureInfo) are now automatically backed up to /luma/backups (upon upgrading Luma3DS, if not already present at that location)
  • Upon upgrading Luma3DS, boot.firm is now automatically copied to the root of the CTRNAND partition
  • Restore extended-remote support (this was broken with recent versions of GDB). Breaking change: use attach <PID+1> (e.g 1 for fs) to attach to a process, as GDB doesn't support PID 0.
  • Add option to toggle card slot (#1202)
  • Screen filters can now be saved to config.ini and restored at boot (you need to go to "Miscellaneous options > Save settings"). You can now even manually edit config.ini to use custom values for those (within the 1000 to 25100K range)
  • NTP timezone can also now be saved to config.ini; also fix a bug where some timezones would not be reachable
  • Fix a long-standing issue where some system calls took longer than they should, causing lags in some situations (thanks @PabloMK7)
  • Fix calculation of displayed battery voltage (thanks nocash)

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have an absolutely weird bug. For some reason, if I turn on game patching on Luma the audio when using headphones becomes SUPER low, almost inaudible. It's only when game patching is on (I use it for rehid), and only if I'm using headphones. If I hold Select when turning on the 3DS and turn off game patching, OR if I remove the headphones from the headphone jack, everything works as intended. I use a theme of Breath of the Wild which has music+SFX for it, and the difference in the volume as soon as the menu appears is simply undeniable. It's not subtle; it's the difference between sounding NORMAL and sounding, like, 20% of what it should be.

I have no idea what's happening. Can anyone guide me? What the heck is going on? I'm on Luma v11, just checked.

Oriordan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hello
I'm running cfw luma with fw 11.15.0-47u
Some games like mario maker and zelda triforce keep asking for update eventhough they are already update

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could be the region of the update that's not installed. if it's a different region from the eshop, and you're using the eshop to update, you'll have to find your update cia somewhere on the internet, because it doesn't work.

Reactions: Oriordan and CoolMe

Oriordan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
could be the region of the update that's not installed. if it's a different region from the eshop, and you're using the eshop to update, you'll have to find your update cia somewhere on the internet, because it doesn't work.
The console is US version
And i think i installed EUR Games because of French language

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where to find update's title ???!
Go to FBI/Titles/Mario Maker and you'll see what you have installed, compare the two title ids and see if it says (US) or (EUR) etc. On both games.
Can i find a cia update file ?
You need to find it yourself on the internet (don't ask how here as it's against the rules..)

Reactions: Oriordan

Oriordan

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
yeah, I had to find mario maker, I remember that one. it was like 1.05 was the latest.
Go to FBI/Titles/Mario Maker and you'll see what you have installed, compare the two title ids and see if it says (US) or (EUR) etc. On both games.

You need to find it yourself on the internet (don't ask how here as it's against the rules..)
How do i know if it's us or eur ? I found both updates, do i try both ?

Attachments

• IMG_20220618_183224.jpg
    IMG_20220618_183224.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 32

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i know if it's us or eur ? I found both updates, do i try both ?
Ctr-p-ea3p since it has "P" in the middle it means it's PAL.
You can look up here, just put the name of the game and it'll you the title id & product code of both the US & EUR release. Compare with what you have installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm