Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Why in the world you want to remove a branch? I understand that you don't want to work on it but it does not hurt if it stays on the github repo, in fact, it could be useful for custom loaders (3ds_injector), the same thing goes for other entrypoints builds on the makefile.

Is not that I care about Luma's new way with Rosalina, after all, there is a fork with the legacy branch above and is not like Luma is the only working CFW/chainloader with b9s; we still have Cakes, ReiNand, the last build of Corbenik, BooCtr9 and CtrBootManager9, we don't need Luma's team shitty decitions, but don't be surprised if support on Luma (from users and other devs) decreaces.
There's plenty of people who forked it before it was deleted, you can do all the stuff you mentioned. They were just cleaning up their repo.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Why in the world you want to remove a branch? I understand that you don't want to work on it but it does not hurt if it stays on the github repo, in fact, it could be useful for custom loaders (3ds_injector), the same thing goes for other entrypoints builds on the makefile.
Because what open source project wouldn't remove a discontinued branch? Legacy served a purpose, now it doesn't. How would it, or other entrypoints, be helpful? I don't see your point.

Is not that I care about Luma's new way with Rosalina, after all, there is a fork with the legacy branch above and is not like Luma is the only working CFW/chainloader with b9s; we still have Cakes, ReiNand, the last build of Corbenik, BooCtr9 and CtrBootManager9, we don't need Luma's team shitty decitions, but don't be surprised if support on Luma (from users and other devs) decreaces.
So I don't see what your problem is, just use one of the forks with legacy. And it's not a "shitty" decision to clean up a repo and get rid of a branch we have literally no reason to keep.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@astronautlevel Since you're here, let me ask you a question. I can understand devs releasing a bug fix release after a few commits or even a single commit to fix a bug, but sometimes they make tons of commits without releasing. Why is that? My guess would be they want x, y, and z features or issues resolved before they make another release or maybe they hit some issue(s) they're trying to work out. I'm just curious.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because we pointed out that something was illegal doesn't make it a legal threat.

Call it what you will. There are only so many ways to take such a statement. To even mention that uploading a file is illegal to a pirate he knows damn well doesn't care, knowing that I upload AIO packs with drag-and-drop card configurations full of firmwares and key files to other sites. It's almost like he's saying "make sure it's got a prominent place in v2" or something.

Well said. I mean, we all knew the binaries would get deleted, and grabbed them ages ago. But who removes a fork from Github, even if it's dead? Prior to this the only reason I'd ever seen anything removed from Github was a DMCA takedown. It is only going to draw more attention to Legacy. I'm actually one of the pro-Rosalina people. I'm all for moving on. I just don't like the way it was handled. Or to borrow one of my favorite movie quotes, "they chose... poorly."

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
@astronautlevel Since you're here, let me ask you a question. I can understand devs releasing a bug fix release after a few commits or even a single commit to fix a bug, but sometimes they make tons of commits without releasing. Why is that? My guess would be they want x, y, and z features or issues resolved before they make another release or maybe they hit some issue(s) they're trying to work out. I'm just curious.
It depends on the severity of the bugs fixed typically. Most of the time, there's a set list of features that are implemented before a release, but if there's an especially breaking bug you'll often see a hotfix released after a single or a few commits.

Trophies
XP
Call it what you will. There are only so many ways to take such a statement. To even mention that uploading a file is illegal to a pirate he knows damn well doesn't care, knowing that I upload AIO packs with drag-and-drop card configurations full of firmwares and key files to other sites. It's almost like he's saying "make sure it's got a prominent place in v2" or something.
What? You're rambling again. I don't understand what you're saying.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the good ol' error of (errdsp) "card removed" when opening pokemon moon, despite pokemon moon working completely fine for the last month that I've had this n2dsxl. It's a cia, and all other of my cias run exactly fine without issue. This only came up today. Any recommendations on how to fix it? I'm reinstalling the game right now, but if that doesn't fix the issue then I'm not sure what to do. I'm running Luma 8.1.1 w/ a n2dsxl.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting the good ol' error of (errdsp) "card removed" when opening pokemon moon, despite pokemon moon working completely fine for the last month that I've had this n2dsxl. It's a cia, and all other of my cias run exactly fine without issue. This only came up today. Any recommendations on how to fix it? I'm reinstalling the game right now, but if that doesn't fix the issue then I'm not sure what to do. I'm running Luma 8.1.1 w/ a n2dsxl.
Maybe your card got corrupted or failing. I would test it.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
You surely never used a CFW like Cakes or ReiNand and just went to a mainstream CFW like Luma.
umm reinand was mainstream before luma. all these people who bitch about luma not letting your turn something off and talk about how reinand is better, need to realize that reinand has no toggles at all. i used to use cakes before i started using luma. i switched to luma because it has everything you need and it's one file as opposed to a bunch you have to track down.

i attached a legacy build for those that want it ;)

here is the source for it https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/263273431020077057/349607574636855296/luma_for_retards.zip

Attachments

• luma for retards.zip
    50.2 KB · Views: 290
Last edited by pbanj,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
umm reinand was mainstream before luma. all these people who bitch about luma not letting your turn something off and talk about how reinand is better, need to realize that reinand has no toggles at all. i used to use cakes before i started using luma. i switched to luma because it has everything you need and it's one file as opposed to a bunch you have to track down.

i attached a legacy build for those that want it ;)
That looks old. Love the name btw.
@pbanj you need to provide the source code with that build, otherwise you violate the GPL
Here's newer.

Reactions: Quantumcat

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That looks old. Love the name btw.

Here's newer.
I am not trying to be mean, but they need to release the source to that binary, not a newer source. Otherwise they are in violation of the GPL3 license
I downloaded just the binary from the net. If I distribute copies, do I have to get the source and distribute that too?

Yes. The general rule is, if you distribute binaries, you must distribute the complete corresponding source code too. The exception for the case where you received a written offer for source code is quite limited.

Last edited by The Catboy,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm sure the older source it on that git as well. I just linked to the newer one since I figured the butt hurt people would want the latest.
I am aware and I am not doing this for me, I am doing it the user. I don't want them to be in violation of the GPL.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
One of the reasons why I posted the link. I don't think the GPL says you have to give exact link, that it just has to be available. It is in that git.
Actually I edited my post to include their quote. The source has to be the same as binary

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As usual, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. Here's one that can actually run side by side with 8.x because it uses a "legacy" folder instead of the "luma" folder. Now you can simply have both without them interfering with each other. Just hotkey it and run it when/if you need/want to. Have the best of both worlds. Rosalina has some really nice features. Don't be so quick to throw the baby out with the bath water. You guys really should have thought of this yourselves. It's an effective solution that eliminates the need to choose one or the other. You're welcome. Hopefully more people will give Rosalina a chance now.

The real reason I wanted to do this is because I was stuck using the venerable Puma33DS v10 just to run a 9.2 EmuNAND with *hax for those problematic homebrew titles (Puma literally was the ONLY thing that was working on the N3DS, that didn't overwrite your Luma configuration anyway). So it hit me, why not change the path on this and use it to boot the 9.2? So, I go to do that, and it's deleted. Perfect timing.

And yes, source is included. I wouldn't have it any other way. Everyone can see the 3 files to edit if they want a second parallel copy for something.

I tried to tell you people that I wasn't trying to do anything crazy like create my own fork and slap my name on it or anything. But you used the GPL, something that's intended to keep software free and open, as an excuse to not provide it. This is for the people who believe in true free software. And all of you pathetic attention-seeking clowns that ridiculed me can officially bite me (especially AL and Jupiteer).

EDIT: If you want this, grab it now. I may or may not leave it up. I just made it for my personal use. Though it probably will make it into my next AIO pack. I thought that maybe by putting it up, and allowing people to use both side by side, it would eliminate a major point of conflict. You can have Rosalina AND a 9.2 EmuNAND with Menuhax installed now (or whatever you use legacy for). But apparently AL and his cronies (actually, I'm inclined to believe Jupiteer is a clone) just want to pick apart everything I post for the sake of continued arguing (high school kids, go figure). I realize that most of the posts were mine, but that's what happens when it's 6 against 1. It's only natural to react to criticism. Granted, I probably should have stopped responding and started reporting posts yesterday instead of waiting until today, but I'm only human. If you were getting notices every 30 seconds and couldn't even browse the site for all the people criticizing you, you might react similarly.

Attachments

• Luma3DS-legacy-final-altfolder.7z
    949.5 KB · Views: 183
Last edited by Kazuma77,
Reactions: Xiphiidae

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [looks at what you just said, and then looks at you] :O:ohnoes::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Most Walmart shoppers don't go to Target because they're too triggered over displays of things they won't be buying anyway.
    +1
    I am not a karen, i am not maga, not severely mentally ill and not on meds, not 300 lbs, not missing all of my teeth, dont wear a bikini. Soooo. okay?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean if saving $2 on milk is saving $2 I'm buying it at Walmart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I go in don't cause a fuss and leave usually no problems
    :unsure::unsure::unsure::O:ohnoes: [goes to take my meds] :shy:
    A million and one things in this world catered to straight men and women. God forbid there's a display for lgbtq merch. How about walking past it if a person is not interested? Uh uh!!! Better watch out for those Satanic rainbows!!! lmao. MAGA crack me up.
    +1
    Right. I save $ getting grocers at walmart. So I continue to go.
    $2 on milk is great, imagine how much is saved when getting an entire cartful... vs the prices at my local ripoff grocery store.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Though I've been going to Aldis more often better lunch meat
    +2
    Is it worth it Gas wise? Length of travel.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    lgbqt products
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got 3 stores all within half a mile and a gas station in that same area so it's worth it
    +1
    LGBTQIA+ Products :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not the gay ride lunch meat :ohnoes:
    Walmart is an 60 mile round trip for me, and yes, I still spend less even after the gas cost. :) I dont go there just for milk. I do 2 big hauls a month, fill the cart up.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay Ride™ at a Walmart near you
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lol GBAtemp mentioned in the latest Bringus Studios video
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    never heard of that developer
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, was my anti hate trolling shitbox messages recorded
    :O Holy Cow 60 Miles !