Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
When i go in settings and choose profile console freeze without anything new appearing on screen
1. I download and put in root:
arm9loaderhax.bin
Luma3DS.dat
luma\firmware.bin
luma\cetk
2. MSET for NDS cart
3. Then boot mset in nds choose 4.x
4. Go to settings->profile

Is it right?
Because for me it don't work =\
Sorry, I'm not that familiar with the mset exploit so I don't know if I can help you in any way there.
If there is no other user that could help you there, consider updating to 11.2 and doing a full setup of a9lh+luma following the guide http://3ds.guide
and restoring your emunand at the end of the guide if you have one

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Sorry, I'm not that familiar with the mset exploit so I don't know if I can help you in any way there.
If there is no other user that could help you there, consider updating to 11.2 and doing a full setup of a9lh+luma following the guide http://3ds.guide
and restoring your emunand at the end of the guide if you have one
Luma only works from 7.x and above :(

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Luma only works from 7.x and above :(
Not many people uses the mset exploit nowadays.
Maybe you can use it to boot decrypt9 instead of luma, and do the 2.1 ctr-transfer from there.
But I think that updating to the latest firmware (11.2 which is explotable) and follow the guide from there is more straightforward

Foehammer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, but my system doesn't freeze during normal boots / reboots. Nor is this an issue launching into DS mode with TWLoader. This only happens (inconsistently) when entering or exiting GBA titles.

The screen goes dark, the power and wifi lights stay on, and nothing happens for > 5 minutes. If I press the power button (not hold), the system will shutdown on its own after a few seconds, and when I boot up and launch the GBA VC title again, the SRAM will have reverted to whatever state it was in the last time I successfully exited from AGB_FIRM.

Update: This appears to be some kind of race condition with my CycloDS, as it is completely un-reproducible with the cart removed.

I was able to boot into and out of AGB_FIRM over 20 times (then I gave up) with the CycloDS removed, but with the cart inserted, I can't do it more than 4 or 5 times without having the system freeze.

Not really a big deal if I can carry on with just remembering to eject the cartridge before launching a GBA title, maybe I'll pick up a DSTT or R4I eventually.

edit: Actually, it seems like the CycloDS is causing unreliable boot problems in general, I just don't reboot often enough to have noticed it. AGB requiring a reboot was just stress testing my boot cycle :)

Last edited by Foehammer,

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So the latest commit of luma3ds now has a new chainloader function when holding down the start button during boot, huh? Gonna have a hard time getting used to another button for Hourglass9

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I think it's nice.By pressing 'START' during boot it shows all the payloads and makes you choose what to 'open'.
You don't have to change the button for Hourglass9(start), just select it from the menu;)

Last edited by PrometheusG.,

Exervin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I kinda need help im on a new 3ds and im on 2.1E a9lh installed but no payloads are booting Luma is configured and if I try booting it it says failed to CTRNAMD

Last edited by Exervin,

Bowzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just changed to version 6.6 of luma (https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/download/v6.6/Luma3DSv6.6.7z)
Btw when i said "downgraded" it was not the 3ds version, only the release of luma.
You only need to replace your arm9loaderhax.bin with the one from the release that i linked above.

I just created an account to say thanks for this solution. I was having exactly the same issue as the Shadowxp13, and you got it working for me too!
Thanks SO much! Am I missing anything significant with this rollback to, 6.6?
And if I ever want to update to a later version in the future is it always as simple as replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin file, or is it usually more involved?

Thanks again!

Reactions: Shadowxp13

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just created an account to say thanks for this solution. I was having exactly the same issue as the Shadowxp13, and you got it working for me too!
Thanks SO much! Am I missing anything significant with this rollback to, 6.6?
And if I ever want to update to a later version in the future is it always as simple as replacing the arm9loaderhax.bin file, or is it usually more involved?

Thanks again!
I doubt it since 6.6 is the latest stable release. And yes to update, Always copy arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of the SD. You don't need to do anything else if you're using ARM9LoaderHax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__