Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

a9lh-1user

Hello~
I'm on Luma3DS 6.0.1 on N3DSXL with Menuhax and CTRBootManager. Everything's ok, but i want to switch to LumaDEV (for Nitrohax), but when i'm on LumaDEV, i can't access to the EmuNAND...
I switch on the 3DS, the BootManager appears, i select Luma3DS, the splashscreen appears, but a few seconds latter i'm back on BootManager... What's wrong ?

Did you change the "path" for the Luma3DS arm9loaderhax.bin file?
If not try it ;)

(Optional) Making Luma3DS work with an external boot manager
If you're using a boot manager (BootCtr9, CtrBootManager9, ARM9Select, etc.) to load Luma3DS, you won't be able to play GBA/DSiWare games, or certain games that need more RAM on the device (such as Super Smash Bros).

• You can disable your boot loader OR
  • You can use the "pathchanger" program, provided for Windows, Linux and Mac OS.
    • On Windows just drag the Luma3DS .bin on top of the program, and write the path.
    • On other operating systems you need to use the tool from a terminal (type ./pathchanger, followed by a space and drag the .bin on top of the terminal). OR
  • You can use pathchange.py:
    1. Install Python 2.7 or newer (3.4 or newer)
    2. Put patchanger.py and the .bin file for Luma3DS in the same directory.
    3. cd path/to/patchanger.py
    4. python ./pathchanger.py ./nameof.bin path/to/file/on/your/sd
For example, if you have Luma3DS as SD:/randomfolder/Luma3DS.bin, just type: randomfolder/Luma3DS.bin.

Source: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade

Last edited by ,

Appryl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you change the "path" for the Luma3DS arm9loaderhax.bin file?
If not try it ;)
I don't have A9LH, i use MenuHax ^^

EDIT: I've changed the path for my bootmanager when I've installed Luma3DS, but it worked each time I updated Luma3DS, without any changing... It's just when i switch to DEV, it doesn't work anymore, but it should 'cause it's like a simple update, no ?
EDIT2: And I also tried without BootManager, by simple use the boot.3dsx from the Luma3DS installation folder, it doesn't work too.

Last edited by Appryl,

SuperVioshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, this is a solid CFW. Hats off to you and the group -- homebrew & hacks FTW!

I have a couple questions on the (relatively) new per-title .code loading, in part because the Wiki is silent.

Q1: Are there any examples that modify the .code sections (more than just string replacement)?
Q2: Is there a preferred format for modifications to existing code? (e.g., add some SALT to Pokémon ORAS, but preferably without requiring everyone to have IDA?)
Q3: Is there a curated list of existing .code mods? (e.g., apply this bindiff to
Q4: Any possibility of integrating the Corbenik virtual machine, to simplify the distribution of hacks to existing games?

Again, great feature. I look forward to seeing where this goes....

The only .code that comes to mind is SaltySD for smash 4 3DS modding, are their .code files for anything else?

Failrunner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to downgrade to use Luma3DS. You have two options: A) find someone with a 3DS that has a custom firmware to do the DSiware downgrade or B) get a hardmod. Sorry.
No problem thanks. I think that's why I was confused. Lol. As long as I can run homebrew and emulators i'm good then. =)

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used an older version of LumaUpdater to try and update, results show that I am still on 5.5 no matter how many times I try to update. Hopefully using a recent build will resolve this.

One thing I noticed though was that my Gateway blue card is no longer being recognized, has anyone else experienced this?

bossingg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quastion.
So i have o3ds jp run with a9lh luma3ds change region to us that can run gba vc.
but today i change it to o3dsll with a9lh luma3ds but when run a gba vc it show error message.

someone can fix this or the way to play gba vc on my o3dsll.

Thank you anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place