Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
so great this new feature of charge a ligth version of luma firm-patched when you havent the sd on it.

Aurora is becoming the great guru of the other scene

greetings!!!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My N3DS is working fine without SD now, but..
My O3DS stays at a black screen without the SD.

I followed the exact same proceedure than the one I did for my N3DS, and the O3DS DOES boot with the SD.
Is there a reason why it isn't booting without the SD?

I'm pretty sure I did everything listed on the Updating arm9loaderhax guide. :/
Can anyone help me with this?
I already tried reinstalling the latest commit of arm9loaderhax for the No-SD feature but the O3DS refuses to boot without it.
I just get a black screen.

Galerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I feel a little bit stupid , I updated the emunand to 11.0 then tried to downgrade it to 2.0, that's not possible right ?

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can anyone help me with this?
I already tried reinstalling the latest commit of arm9loaderhax for the No-SD feature but the O3DS refuses to boot without it.
I just get a black screen.

Are you trying to boot Luma3DS on it?

I feel a little bit stupid , I updated the emunand to 11.0 then tried to downgrade it to 2.0, that's not possible right ?

It is possible, if you are using Luma v5.5.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Galerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you trying to boot Luma3DS on it?

It is possible, if you are using Luma v5.5.

I was trying to with Luma v5.4 I'll give it a shoot later since I got a problem downgrading it , it was something related to the nfirm It almost finished the downgrade then a blackscreen saying that something happend and told me to reboot the console

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I was trying to with Luma v5.4 I'll give it a shoot later since I got a problem downgrading it , it was something related to the nfirm It almost finished the downgrade then a blackscreen saying that something happend and told me to reboot the console
Do you have the Firmware.bin inside the Luma folder?

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's correct.
Latest stable Luma3DS 5.5 on a O3DS with updated sysnand 11.0 with A9LH.

Ugh, then it should be working. Did you already try renaming the bin file to arm9loaderhax_si.bin?

It will work with 5.5. It is due to the new NFIRM blocking downgrading, but on 5.5 this was patched on Luma. For 5.4 and earlier, you need and old firmware.bin file in the /luma folder.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ugh, then it should be working. Did you already try renaming the bin file to arm9loaderhax_si.bin?

It will work with 5.5. It is due to the new NFIRM blocking downgrading, but on 5.5 this was patched on Luma. For 5.4 and earlier, you need and old firmware.bin file in the /luma folder.
Haven't tried that yet.
I'll give it a shot once I get home.

Galerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just updated luma with StarUpdater to the latest version , but this keep happening when I try to do the downgrade , is it normal ?

Attachments

• 13499875_10201927931516371_898504898_o.jpg
    13499875_10201927931516371_898504898_o.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 331

Galerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you on 11.0? And you should try with the firmware.bin in Luma

You mean the arm9loaderhax.bin that comes in the .rar file of luma 5.5 and then put it in the Luma folder ?

Because I can't recall any "firmware.bin" or my brain is just screwed for copying many files :wacko:

Caduceus81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You're welcome! Also, you are probably running an old version of Luma Updater, it's better to update it to the latest one (+ it has self updating now).

Ah I thought using the updater for Luma3DS would update everything, including the updater itself. A self updating Updater is exactly what I was looking for.

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah I thought using the updater for Luma3DS would update everything, including the updater itself. A self updating Updater is exactly what I was looking for.

Well, Luma Updater has officially nothing do with Luma3DS, it's a third-party app (developed separately not by Luma3DS current maintainers). Anyway, once you install 1.4.x of Luma Updater, you won't have to worry about updating it anymore. :yay:

As a side note: you could also check out StarUpdater (TBF, it had auto-update way before) and keep the one you prefer.

Galerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Do you have a Firmware.bin inside the Luma folder?
If not then go to the installation guide on Luma3DS github

I did it one more time , now the thing is that when I made the step of downgrading it to 2.0 I couldn't see if it succeded I was checking something else , I just saw that the 3ds rebooted in to the sysnand

Can I assume now that the downgrade succeeded?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I did it one more time , now the thing is that when I made the step of downgrading it to 2.0 I couldn't see if it succeded I was checking something else , I just saw that the 3ds rebooted in to the sysnand

Can I assume now that the downgrade succeeded?
Yes, if it reboots and you are in sysnand then the process was a success.

Reactions: Galerox
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu