Status
Not open for further replies.

Josw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok but what I have to do with that program?
Sorry for asking so much, I am somehow new on this cfw things.

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok but what I have to do with that program?
Sorry for asking so much, I am somehow new on this cfw things.
I was kind of confused on that as well. On the guide, it says to change the path to Luma3DS.bin, but there is no .bin file of that name anywhere. I honestly don't know. I'm trying to get the answer to that question as well. In the mean time, try this, drag the Luma3DS.dat file on the top of the Path Changer program, then put the path to the .dat file. Tell me if that works.

Josw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I was kind of confused on that as well. On the guide, it says to change the path to Luma3DS.bin, but there is no .bin file of that name anywhere. I honestly don't know. I'm trying to get the answer to that question as well. In the mean time, try this, drag the Luma3DS.dat file on the top of the Path Changer program, then put the path to the .dat file. Tell me if that works.

Ok that did not fix the problem, I will try reinstalling the cia

CreativeMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A
Not sure if i should post it here but ah well.
Having a small issue.
Sometimes when i boot my 2DS, rather than booting Lesshax/Luma, it boots straight into sysnand.
Have to remove the sd card and insert it again AND then reboot it to get back into luma.

Any idea what could be the issue here?

Someone made a micro loader to fix that issue :
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?posts/6464898

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about my almost-absence, basically personal stuff happened (not necessarily negative ones! :) ).
If anyone is interested, yesterday I pushed an update to my a9lh fork to merge screen init and non screen init stage2s into one, and to include a stripped down Luma for when there's no payload or no SD inserted (has just two patches, signatures and firm writes). https://github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax

16leiiv.jpg

Last edited by democracy,

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry about my almost-absence, basically personal stuff happened (not necessarily negative ones! :) ).
If anyone is interested, yesterday I pushed an update to my a9lh fork to merge screen init and non screen init stage2s into one, and to include a stripped down Luma for when there's no payload or no SD inserted (has just two patches, signatures and firm writes). https://github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax

Welcome back? Haha.
Good work with the a9lh fork update. I'll probably update my setting with it soon. (I'm using an old version of your non-screen init fork right now)
Is it really different than ShadowNAND or basically the same? I'll probably install yours anyway because... I don't know, habits.

Keep up the good work :)

max_505

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Question about the no SD booting A9LH fork:

What if...
- I'm using the no SD booting A9LH fork
- I don't have an SD card inserted
- I install some stuff and somehow brick it (but I have a Sysnand backup in my harddrive)

Can I:
- Get any SD card (say, a 4GB one lying around the house)
- Put the appropriate Luma3DS files there
- Put a Decrypt9 payload
- Run Decrypt9 and restore the aforementioned backup?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about the no SD booting A9LH fork:
The no-SD functionality only comes into play if there's no SD card and/or arm9loaderhax.bin is missing. If you put in an SD card that has an arm9loaderhax.bin, it'll load that instead of the built-in mini-CFW.

tl;dr yes, you can put Decrypt9 or other payloads onto the SD card later and boot that instead of the mini-CFW.

max_505

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The no-SD functionality only comes into play if there's no SD card and/or arm9loaderhax.bin is missing. If you put in an SD card that has an arm9loaderhax.bin, it'll load that instead of the built-in mini-CFW.

tl;dr yes, you can put Decrypt9 or other payloads onto the SD card later and boot that instead of the mini-CFW.

That's nice to know. Thanks!

Froody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have an issue where I can't boot the 3DS without the firmware.bin file in the Luma folder on a version of Luma higher than 5.2 (I can boot without firmware.bin on 5.2 but cannot on 5.3.1+).

I'm on o3DS 11.0.0 EUR. Not sure if there's something I'm doing wrong, any help would be great.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Would anyone please guide me towards installing the newest A9LH that doesn't require SD and also has the merged no/screen-inits?
You're probably thinking of Shadownand, which is still in the development phase and not quite ready for general use.
@Aurora Wright mentioned a couple of pages back that A9LH was modified to support both no-screen-init and screen-init at the same time, and also that we could boot the 3DS console from now on without the SD present.

I'm highly interested in updating my setup to that one for both my O3DS and my N3DS.
If anyone knows how to do so, please let me know!

CreativeMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@Aurora Wright mentioned a couple of pages back that A9LH was modified to support both no-screen-init and screen-init at the same time, and also that we could boot the 3DS console from now on without the SD present.

I'm highly interested in updating my setup to that one for both my O3DS and my N3DS.
If anyone knows how to do so, please let me know!

Easy, go to Plailect's guide : https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Updating-arm9loaderhax
Follow V2 process, download all files needed, but replace the two stages by the ones @'Don posted a few posts back :
http://gbatemp.net/threads/luma3ds-noob-proof-3ds-custom-firmware.411110/page-684#post-6469102

Just did it on my 2 N3DS, and it works flawlessly !

Last edited by CreativeMan, , Reason: typo
Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, so I just updated my A9LH but my O3DS doesn't boot up without the SD. Don't know why, though.

EDIT: Ok, now I know why. The commits have been added but a stable pre-compiled build hasn't been released yet. Guess I'll wait then for an official release.

Last edited by Bullseye,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1