Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem: So I finished installing a9lh and I have luma3ds working on the sysnand, basically im on section VI of this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) and the problem is that I need to make one final backup of my hacked sysnand BUT whenever I try to open OTPHelper it takes me directly to the CTR boot manager and therefore I am unable to make a backup, whats going wrong and can I fix this?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a problem: So I finished installing a9lh and I have luma3ds working on the sysnand, basically im on section VI of this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) and the problem is that I need to make one final backup of my hacked sysnand BUT whenever I try to open OTPHelper it takes me directly to the CTR boot manager and therefore I am unable to make a backup, whats going wrong and can I fix this?

Edit: I remember deleting some stuff off my SD card to clean up some stuff so I'm guessing there's files required to be on the SD root but I dont know which ones I need/are missing

TLDR: OTPHelper doesnt open anymore and instead relaunches CRT Boot Manager

Last edited by Eddypikachu,

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Edit: I remember deleting some stuff off my SD card to clean up some stuff so I'm guessing there's files required to be on the SD root but I dont know which ones I need/are missing

TLDR: OTPHelper doesnt open anymore and instead relaunches CRT Boot Manager

Uninstall menuhax.

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a o3ds on 9.2 sysnand that was running rxtool and I installed Luma and I had no need to create EMUNAND as Rxtools already had one and luma continues to use that same one... my question is can I delete all the rxtools stuff like Rxtools.dat and the folder,etc would it affect my emunand in anyway since it was created by Rxtools and not luma

Last edited by BADDINOROX99,

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a o3ds on 9.2 sysnand that was running rxtool and I installed Luma and I had no need to create EMUNAND as Rxtools already had one and luma continues to use that same one... my question is can I delete all the rxtools stuff like Rxtools.dat and the folder,etc would it affect my emunand in anyway since it was created by Rxtools and not luma
You can go ahead and delete it no probs

Reactions: BADDINOROX99

Josw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I can't play monster hunter 3 ultimate.
Issue description: I have installed mh3u and when I open the game it gives me a black screem that says "An error has ocurried please turn of the power and try again"

PD: Have emunand in the latest version and using luma3ds 5.5 cfw, using coldboot.
Installed the game from a .cia using FBI 2.2.6.
Using an old 3ds usa region and the unique id of the game is 00040000000AE400

I posted before in this thread for the same issue but it was with pokemon ruby omega and I fixed but mh3u still giving me that error

Sorry for my english by the way.

hellionz

Trophies
XP
Country
anybody has noticed of overhead on latest releases? my N3DS have hard battery drain and overhead on left side....i will continue observe and change to stable release

greetings?

tranxuanthang

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using a9lh Luma3ds v5.5 with autoboot fw 11 emunand (my sysnand is still 9.2). Today I want to go to my fw9.2 sysnand to test something. When I hold L when my console boot up, it just stays at black screen (with no hold button it boots fine). I rarely touch my sysnand and I know it is not bricked yet. Is that Luma3ds's problem?

drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you use bootanim9? Or any boot loader other than the one built into luma? Tell us your exact set up and what error you get exactly or just black screen?
I'm not sure what to suggest then. DSiware and Smash are working, and your AGB_FIRM isn't patched, in theory it ought to be working. What happens exactly when you try to run your GBA games? you've tried more than one game I take it?
I use Menuhax w/o any boot loader. I used to use CTRBootManager, but I stop using it after learning that boot loaders cause problems with Luma3DS. When I load a GBA game, it just gives me a black screen. I have them installed on sysNAND and emuNAND.

Last edited by drewby,

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Menuhax w/o any boot loader. I used to use CTRBootManager, but I stop using it after learning that boot loaders cause problems with Luma3DS. When I load a GBA game, it just gives me a black screen. I have them installed on sysNAND and emuNAND.
boot loaders only cause issues on arm9loaderhax. you can keep using CTRBootManager just fine.

have you by chance patched AGB_FIRM on sysnand as well?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry about my almost-absence, basically personal stuff happened (not necessarily negative ones! :) ).
If anyone is interested, yesterday I pushed an update to my a9lh fork to merge screen init and non screen init stage2s into one, and to include a stripped down Luma for when there's no payload or no SD inserted (has just two patches, signatures and firm writes). https://github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax

Orkna

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry about my almost-absence, basically personal stuff happened (not necessarily negative ones! :) ).
If anyone is interested, yesterday I pushed an update to my a9lh fork to merge screen init and non screen init stage2s into one, and to include a stripped down Luma for when there's no payload or no SD inserted (has just two patches, signatures and firm writes). https://github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax

Working great! How come Gateway wont work with your a9lh? Even if using arm9loaderhax_si.bin. What have they done wrong? (and why does it work with delebiles version?). I use Luma all the time but sometimes I need Gateway, and that locks me down to use delebiles a9lh..

Edit: Nice to see you again!

Last edited by Orkna,

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if i should post it here but ah well.
Having a small issue.
Sometimes when i boot my 2DS, rather than booting Lesshax/Luma, it boots straight into sysnand.
Have to remove the sd card and insert it again AND then reboot it to get back into luma.

Any idea what could be the issue here?

Last edited by VioletX,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess they are not the new pre-compiled one from the 19th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Using .139 and most of the games work.... Was happy to play Konami Devil World yesterday lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do you have the mini radiator cooler? I Jerry rigged a heatsink and 5volt fan from a dead graphics card on mine, but eventually wanna get a real cooler/fan.
    Pure copper heat sink kit and fans
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know bout sets, I downloaded all the roms for mine separately.
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not even sure what to call that controller