The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I have a little problem :/

Setup: N3DSXL EUR SysNand 11.x, using A9LH + Luma3DS (latest nightly)

When I want go to eshop, it ask me for update.
And when I want update in System Settings, after 5s, I have "Error occured. The update has failed. Your console will restart"

What I'm doing wrong?
Try the stable and see if it still does it

soupman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a few questions in regards to the 3DS playing GBA games.
Would it be possible to have an option where GBA/DS/DSiWare games are all played at their original resolution automatically instead of being upscaled?
Would it also be possible to implement a feature where ghosting from GBA games could be removed. The only method I know of at the moment involves making a footer for GBA games and editing it before building the CIA.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/restoring-original-colors-to-gba-vc.427642/

By the way, thanks a lot for the CFW!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a few questions in regards to the 3DS playing GBA games.
Would it be possible to have an option where GBA/DS/DSiWare games are all played at their original resolution automatically instead of being upscaled?
Would it also be possible to implement a feature where ghosting from GBA games could be removed. The only method I know of at the moment involves making a footer for GBA games and editing it before building the CIA.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/restoring-original-colors-to-gba-vc.427642/

By the way, thanks a lot for the CFW!
Hold Start or Select to boot a game like that = original resolution

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it's for exefs modding. so for banner.bin, icon.bin, code.bin. I'm not sure but I guess so.
I read that early before comment this, but... What exactly contains code.bin?
I saw that it can be used for for Pkm randomizing, but nothing exactly, Does it deal with cheats?

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a little problem :/

Setup: N3DSXL EUR SysNand 11.x, using A9LH + Luma3DS (latest nightly)

When I want go to eshop, it ask me for update.
And when I want update in System Settings, after 5s, I have "Error occured. The update has failed. Your console will restart"

What I'm doing wrong?

@LinkSoraZelda reported the same issue a few days ago, maybe he managed to fix it and could help you.

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I saw the addition for .code.bin support in the latest commits too... Sounds interesting! Here's hoping that external .romfs (or layeredFS style) file loading comes in the near future! It would be awesome for translation/rom-hacking projects. Sure, we have NTR and HANS to do some that, but something similar being integrated into Luma would be pretty damned awesome!

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I saw the addition for .code.bin support in the latest commits too... Sounds interesting! Here's hoping that external .romfs (or layeredFS style) file loading comes in the near future! It would be awesome for translation/rom-hacking projects. Sure, we have NTR and HANS to do some that, but something similar being integrated into Luma would be pretty damned awesome!
I hope too.

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would it be possible to bypass this message in Nintendo Anime Channel using Luma3DS? I live in a country where eShop and that stuff isn't supported, so I chose UK when I was registering my NNID, and that's what's making a problem with this app now. So yeah, would it be possible to bypass this directly from the console or is changing my wi-fi router settings the only way?

97412bd6aee13be17458464d1e0a863b.jpg

solarnoise

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm what are the files that are required to be on the SD for a A9LH/Luma3DS setup? I accidentally formatted my SD card and so far just put back the A9LH bin file but not sure what else I need on there. Luckily did not have any games/saves, only the files used for setting up the CFW.

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I already fixed it, thanks anyways

Would you mind briefly explaining the reason/fix? This would help answering this question in the future. :)

Can anyone confirm what are the files that are required to be on the SD for a A9LH/Luma3DS setup? I accidentally formatted my SD card and so far just put back the A9LH bin file but not sure what else I need on there. Luckily did not have any games/saves, only the files used for setting up the CFW.

For Luma3DS, you need the /luma folder too. If you don't have that already, download the latest version and copy it from the zip. Replace your arm9loaderhax.bin with the one from the Luma release, this way you'll be sure you are running the latest version.

For hombrew, you'll need the boot.3dsx file and the /3ds folder that you can get from here.

If you want to get Hourglass9, EmuNAND9 and Uncart back, follow these instructions (after downloading the files):
  1. Copy Hourglass9.bin from the Hourglass9 zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card
  2. In the /luma/payloads folder, rename Hourglass9.bin to start_Hg9.bin
  3. Copy and merge the 3DS folder from the EmuNAND9 zip to the root of your SD card
  4. Copy EmuNAND9.bin from the EmuNAND9 zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card
  5. In the /luma/payloads folder, rename EmuNAND9.bin to y_EmuN9.bin
  6. Copy arm9loaderhax.bin from the Uncart zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card
  7. In the /luma/payloads folder, rename arm9loaderhax.bin to x_Uncart.bin
Source of the instructions: Plailect's guide

Last edited by Kyojin,
Reactions: solarnoise

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have switched over to Luma recently. One thing I don't understand is the function of "SysNAND is updated" option. I have read the wiki, but it does not make sense to me. What does it mean by "luma/firmware.bin will be used as a replacement for the SysNAND FIRM."? What benefit does it provide? I am sorry if this has been explained already.

Basically, if you have a 10.2 firmware.bin, it will be used with SysNAND by default, instead of EmuNAND by default. SysNAND will boot with 10.2 NF by default so you can run NTR, L will boot your EmuNAND with it's NATIVE_FIRM (9.0 in my case), and R will boot EmuNAND with 10.2 NF. However, if you leave it off, that means SysNAND will boot with it's NATIVE_FIRM by default (11.0 in my case), L will boot your EmuNAND with 10.2, and R will boot your SysNAND with 10.2. If you're not using an EmuNAND, the latter might actually be preferable -- you can run the latest NATIVE_FIRM for compatibility by default, but switch to 10.2 for NTR by holding R.

Remember those steps in Plailect's guide that has you backup your hs.app, create a new hs.app (that is actually FBI), then inject it into your Health&Safety app? Do that again. Then when you get FBI (H&S version) back, make sure you install the CIA version of FBI so that it won't be overwritten whenever you update your firmware.

Edit:
From here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
  1. Open Decrypt9 (This can sometimes take a few tries), then go to "EmuNAND Options", then select the "Health & Safety Dump" option to dump Health & Safety to hs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
  2. Press Select to eject your SD card, then put it in your computer
  3. Extract Universal Inject Generator, then copy both hs.app from your SD card and FBI.ciafrom the FBI zip to the input folder
  4. Double click go.bat (or execute go.shwith Terminal on Linux / Mac)
  5. Copy FBI_inject_with_banner.app to the root of your SD card and reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  6. Press B on Decrypt9, then go to "EmuNAND Options" and select the "Health & Safety Inject" option
  7. Press down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then press A and confirm to inject

The problem with injection -- it just takes an update to wipe it out. The guide should have people install NAND DevMenu. That would avoid issues like this. Once NAND DevMenu is installed, the only way it's going anywhere is if you delete it intentionally. Of course GW owners like me can just run an installer from a ROM at any time (Tiny Format is available as a ROM too -- I could make an extremely short version of the guide for GW owners). Still, I like having a true permanent installer on the device.

A friend of mine tried to install SmileBASIC on her O3DS XL with firmware v11.0.0 and Luma v5.5 in emunand (no a9lh installed) and told me it doesn't work at all. I tried it out and it doesn't work on mine either (same as hers but not XL). When trying to load the program without updating it, it gets stuck on 3DS logo. Tried after updating it and the console threw system error, forcing me to restart the console. Halp :(

Seed encrypted game. Either install the seed data with FBI 2 (select it in the "Titles" menu and it should give you the option), or get the latest "seeddb.bin" file from somewhere, copy it to the root of the SD, move the CIA to the "Decrypt9" folder, run Decrypt9, "Game Decryptor Options" option, "CIA Decryptor (CXI only)" option. Then just reinstall the (now cryptofixed) CIA.

can I use this with menuhax? I don't want to go through the trouble of a9lh

Also I'm using rxtools at the moment I wish to keep my emunand if possible

Installing A9LH is actually not as complicated as it looks. I'm working on a streamlined guide you can perform in about an hour (it's going on the iso site -- can't upload the files here, obviously). It does assume you have Menuhax, EmuNAND, and a CIA installer, but most people do already (I'll just have it refer those that don't to an existing guide).

Last edited by Kazuma77,
Reactions: samiam144

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Would you mind briefly explaining the reason/fix? This would help answering this question in the future. :)
I said why in the thread where I posted my problems :)

BTW I got my New MicroSD 64g Sandisk, but what to choose between exFAT and NTFS? And the cluster size?

Reactions: Kyojin

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
The problem with injection -- it just takes an update to wipe it out. The guide should have people install NAND DevMenu. That would avoid issues like this. Once NAND DevMenu is installed, the only way it's going anywhere is if you delete it intentionally. Of course GW owners like me can just run an installer from a ROM at any time (Tiny Format is available as a ROM too -- I could make an extremely short version of the guide for GW owners). Still, I like having a true permanent installer on the device.
No, this is a bad idea. DevMenu is leaked from Nintendo (and is overall a shittier title manager than FBI) so it's "more illegal" than anything else in the guide. Also, how do you propose they install NAND DevMenu without either an existing title manager or injection?

An update won't wipe out FBI, unless you delete H&S or some shit. H&S hasn't been updated in forever so an update won't wipe it out.

Reactions: Temptress Cerise

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
Just installed Luma3DS (following this tutorial https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)) on my 2DS.
Using Menuhax + Homebrew to boot into it (Didn't found a way to boot straight into it yet, any tips?)
Anyways I tried to use CHMM from the homebrew menu to change my theme. After i installed one though, after rebooting the console, i will just boot straight into sysnand which now has the custom theme.
Can't use Menuhax anymore. Luckily i made a backup before installing a theme so i just replaced all the data from my sd card. Now it boots into menuhax again but yeah.. no idea how i can install themes now. This was so much easier with rxtools xP

Can someone help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__