The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I may try this.

I should also mention: when I downgraded to 2.1, my graphics were completely trippy, I still navigated my way to using OTPHelper and getting the otp, but I'm wondering if something bad happened because of that? I got no errors when downgrading, though, nor when getting the otp. But when I booted up my N3DS, had those rainbow graphics until I restored my old sysNAND.

Also, I can't load any of the other payloads either. Emu9, Decrypt9 or Uncart. But I can load all of them via homebrew launcher. Based on all of this, would downgrading to 2.1 and re-doing the process be a plan or is that a bad idea?
Luma is working so a9lh is installed. You can test by booting it without your sd card in. It shouldn't boot

Cortles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma is working so a9lh is installed. You can test by booting it without your sd card in. It shouldn't boot
Yeah, it didn't boot up w/ the SD card not in. Now I just need to find out why the payloads won't work. Does the preparatory work in part 5 of that guide look fine? I followed all of it to a T.

Thanks for all the help, by the way. Really appreciate it! :)

Last edited by Cortles,

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it didn't boot up w/ the SD card not in. Now I just need to find out why the payloads won't work. Does the preparatory work in part 5 of that guide look fine? I followed all of it to a T.

Thanks for all the lep, by the way. Really appreciate it! :)
Show me a screenshot of your payloads folder.

Cortles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Show me a screenshot of your payloads folder.
3KSKo3f.png
Just included the properties for that one file to show they all are .bin files. Also, when trying to use the Safea9lhinstaller, it now says my otp is the wrong size/doesn't exist. Guessing that's because a9lh is installed?

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're using updated sysnand make sure you check the sysnand is updated option
Taken from the Wiki:
  • SysNAND is updated (A9LH-only): This option does two things.
    • On:
      1. Use FIRM from SysNAND to boot EmuNAND with R (You can't boot 10.x with 9.x NATIVE_FIRM).
      2. luma/firmware.bin will be used as a replacement for the SysNAND FIRM.
    • Off:
      1. Use FIRM from EmuNAND to boot SysNAND with R (You can't boot 10.x with 9.x NATIVE_FIRM).
      2. luma/firmware.bin will be used as a replacement for the EmuNAND FIRM.

It seems that this option is not what it seems. You don't need to have it if you're using sysnand only.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
3KSKo3f.png
Just included the properties for that one file to show they all are .bin files. Also, when trying to use the Safea9lhinstaller, it now says my otp is the wrong size/doesn't exist. Guessing that's because a9lh is installed?
Well it looks right. Are these the newest versions of the tools? What size is your otp?

Cortles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this build of luma and tell me if it fixes the payloads http://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/builds/Luma-be54052.zip
Nope. Also, should I replace the armloaderhax.bin in the SD root with the one from that dl? (I didn't but I forgot what that file even is...)

And my Luma config settings I have New 3DS CPU Clock+L2, sysNAND is updated (ASLH-only), Force ASLH detection, show current NAND in system settings, and show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM all checked.

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Also, should I replace the armloaderhax.bin in the SD root with the one from that dl? (I didn't but I forgot what that file even is...)

And my Luma config settings I have New 3DS CPU Clock+L2, sysNAND is updated (ASLH-only), Force ASLH detection, show current NAND in system settings, and show GBA boot screen in patched AGB_FIRM all checked.
Yes you need to replace that file. It's the cfw

Cortles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you need to replace that file. It's the cfw
Christ, that was the key. That was the ONE thing I skipped, it was in the guide... duhehe

Thanks so much for the help, greatly appreciated. (hopefully I finish this guide with no more problems so I don't have to flood the thread any longer)

D

Deleted User

Christ, that was the key. That was the ONE thing I skipped, it was in the guide... duhehe

Thanks so much for the help, greatly appreciated. (hopefully I finish this guide with no more problems so I don't have to flood the thread any longer)
Oh my.
Edit - Nevermind.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Cortles

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States

Where the hell did I put my rubber hose? Let's go, I'm taking you out back.

Glad it's working now

Reactions: Cortles
D

Deleted User

No, it was in upon further inspection... reading is hard...

How embarrassing. Once you skip over it once and keep going through the other steps you completely forget one simple thing you skipped over. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You seem very carefree after installing A9LH :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work