Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

If there's anything you'd like added, or anything that doesn't work exactly like you'd like feel free to let me know.
Honestly it has even more features than I was expecting. It even has the nightlies with the ability to do the path hanger for others who need it. Also can't be any easier to use. Great stuff:)

Reactions: pbanj

panther_512

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Now that the facepalm is out of the way lets get your shit booting.

You're over thinking what the wiki says. When it says the luma bin file its talking about the bin file for luma, the one it comes with, the one named arm9loaderhax.bin. the example it gives on the wiki is just that, an example. It's to show you how to use the pathchanger with a renamed/moved payload(bin file).

You were too quick to facepalm my friend.

With menuhax there is no . bin file.

If this is not applicable for menuhax, I believe it should be stated in the wiki to avoid confusion.

Last edited by panther_512,

panther_512

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Patch the .dat instead.

Nothing changed.

Just to recap, I have a N3DS XL with menuhax and CTRBootmanager. I have installed Reinand, RXtools, Cakes and now Luma3DS. Luma3DS works OK except with DS flashcard.

My DS flashcard (DSTWO) gives a black screen with Luma3DS. This also happens with RXTools.

With Reinand and Cakes the DS Flashcard loads without problems.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Nothing changed.

Just to recap, I have a N3DS XL with menuhax and CTRBootmanager. I have installed Reinand, RXtools, Cakes and now Luma3DS. Luma3DS works OK except with DS flashcard.

My DS flashcard (DSTWO) gives a black screen with Luma3DS. This also happens with RXTools.

It could be because you have the patched twl/gba stuff and luma patches it itself

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I also use Luma3DS with ctrbootmanager and my DS games work (just tried with FF3 cartridge).

We're talking about DS flashcarts, not DS cards.

Nothing changed.

Then you clearly did something wrong. Did you put a "/" in front of the path to luma3ds.dat ? You shouldn't.
Do you have a firmware.bin in luma folder ? If so, try without it.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing changed.

I have not installed patched agb and twl firmwares in my system...
I figured I'd pitch in here a tad, since I have a similar setup. The only difference here is that I have a patched AGB_FIRM from a previous CFW. My DSTWO cart works on my system with Luma, and I've seen other users with the same setups and their's work as well. I can't speak for what exactly might be the issue, but I can say that I do know it's supposed to work.

Last edited by Arecaidian Fox,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I figured I'd pitch in here a tad, since I have a similar setup. The only difference here is that I have a patched AGB_FIRM from a previous CFW. My DSTWO cart works on my system with Luma, and I've seen other users with the same setups and their's work as well. I can't speak for what exactly might be the issue, but I can say that I do know it's supposed to work.
Ya I'm pretty sure with emunand u need to have the sysnand patched.

Reactions: Arecaidian Fox

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The last time I had DS games (retail and flashcard) not working was when I had the 4.x TWL firm in sysnand and the latest one in Emunand. I had to update my TWL to the version included in the 9.2 update pack to be able to use DS games in Emunand...

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
If his card worked before 4.x. He won't even need a launcher. Just use a CFW that patches TWL_FIRM or install patched TWL_FIRM and the card will boot from Home Menu directly with no further changes. Note if you aren't using Arm9loaderHax, I recommend only installing TWL_FIRM to emunand if you go the prepatched CIA route.

panther_512

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
The thing is that with Reinand and Cakes the DSTWO flashcard works without problems. No need for patched firmwares.

I tried the path changing for the Luma3DS.dat with and without "/", but nothing changed. No firmware.bin inside the luma folder.

Maybe I'll try installing the patched agb firmware, but it shouldn't be needed.

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Does TWL_FIRM still need to be patched manually on auReiNand?

I am running a9lh 10.7 from sys on a 3DSXL and my AK2i boots to a black screen stating that an error has occurred. I tried flashing the AK2i to the newest firmware using an old NDS (the AK2i now thinks that it is Alexandra Ledermann DS) but it didn't make any difference. My girlfriend's newer flashcart works fine.

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to run off the HBL, everytime i go to Luma it sends me straight back to settings and nothing is save that I had marked before.

EDIT forgot to format sysNAND

Last edited by DHall243,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: