Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
So with all the CFW debate heating up I decided to try out the main CFWs with latest updates as of today (Luma3DS, CakesFW and ReiNAND) and I have concluded that the best one for me is this one.

CakesFW has a lot of folders and stuff to put into root. Reinand has more stuff to put in folders than Luma3DS and less options (some of them I use and could not get to them as easy as with this). Arguing that this FW is bloated is nonsense IMHO when you only need arm9loaderhax.bin file and a payloads + config file in one folder. The other FWs require more files.

However, I could appreciate using any of the other FWs. They all allow me to play the games I want to play.

And in my case it is important to have an experience as close to stock FW as possible and with this CFW I can get that. Plus I have recorded boot up times and this FW wins in that department.

Keep up the good work everyone!

PsytroniX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still iffy about the name change, but I'll respect it. Otherwise, I don't see what the point of the silly drama is. Good work with the CFW. It's come a long way.

Last edited by PsytroniX,
Reactions: Noelemahc

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
The splash screen option.. Do i need to add my own splash screen file? It doesn't seem to change if i turn it on or not.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: LuigiXL

tranxuanthang

Trophies
XP
Country
Can this be a good boot animation
C5PcR64.gif

Galerox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I know it might sound stupid , but how can I upgrade from Aureinand -> luma3DS I Just finished of installing aureinand a day before the name change

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I finally joined to the masterrace and setup my Luma3DS but I'm having a serious problem: seconds after launching into updated sysnand 10.7 and navigating through my programs the device freezes. no blackscreen. just freeze. what might be causing this? I have themeshuffle setup from chmm2 . could it be this?

I'm using a default theme but the issue is still occuring and it's pretty annoying. It occurs randomly while navigating through titles on my home menu.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I finally joined to the masterrace and setup my Luma3DS but I'm having a serious problem: seconds after launching into updated sysnand 10.7 and navigating through my programs the device freezes. no blackscreen. just freeze. what might be causing this? I have themeshuffle setup from chmm2 . could it be this?

I'm using a default theme but the issue is still occuring and it's pretty annoying. It occurs randomly while navigating through titles on my home menu.
I had the same issue when I first moved to a9lh. The system would freeze when loading non-legit cia banners.

Restored my nand backup and started from scratch, worked fine the second time around.

Gesendet von meinem Elephone P6000 mit Tapatalk

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated to @Aurora Wright arm9hax noscreeninit because why not? After I seen how easy things were to update with safea9lhinstaller I just done it. All is well. Not interested in boot screens, a nice vanilla bootup is all I need.

Slightly OT but what is the easiest way to delete an emunand? I don't need to wipe SDcard do I? Really have no need for it anymore.
I used easeus partition manager and chose the emuNAND partition that will be showed as unnalocated space. Delete that partition and then merge it with the remaining space of the SD card.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
I used easeus partition manager and chose the emuNAND partition that will be showed as unnalocated space. Delete that partition and then merge it with the remaining space of the SD card.

Cheers, glad this works. CBA copying over whole SD card to format.

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheers, glad this works. CBA copying over whole SD card to format.
Or you can backup everything and then format it as fat32 64KB cluster after deleting the emuNAND partition. But with that program you don't need to backup but do it just in case you mess up. Also backup your saves with JKSM save manager.

Reactions: Audioboxer

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
so no matter what, i need the dsiware installed in sysnand too?
we still haven't gotten past this limitation? that's a shame
i'll convert to sysnand i guess but i'm waiting for gw, i like their cheats :)
You can swap your emunand and sysnand around. That way you can still use gateway but don't have to double install gba games. With a 9.2 emunand you can use it to launch gateway and select gateway sysnand mode, It will boot into ur 10.7 system nand. Just set luma to boot sysnand by default and when you want to use gateway hold R and it will boot into emunand

Reactions: cearp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu