Status
Not open for further replies.

derukun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm running 9.2 sysnand and latest version on my emunand, currently using the original ReiNand CFW. I noticed though that with the newest firmware in my emunand, updates don't seem to install from the nintendo eshop for my games anymore ( I get some sort of error or it just fails).

Is there any benefit to using this AuReiNand? Will this let me update my games.. haha

Let me know guys thanks

derukun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds good, this A9LH stuff is irrelevant to me right? And what's this ARM9loaderhax stuff? I'm not too sure if I need all this stuff or not.

derukun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for your quick replies guys. Another thing I wanted to ask - what is ARM9Loaderhax ? Is that something I should look into as well?

derukun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I asked actually because of your signature. Might do some research on it.

Also, in the instructions:
- If using Arm9LoaderHax, unpack the arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of the SD card.
- Else copy AuReiNand.dat and the 3ds folder to the root of the SD card. If using menuhax and you don't wish to use a boot manager (such as BootCtr and CtrBootManager), you can use the boot.3dsx from the menuhax folder. Copy it to the root of the SD.
In all cases, copy the aurei folder to the root of the SD card, and put the firmware.bin in it. New and Old 3DSes have different firmwares!
a) You can use the latest FIRM (the 10.4 one). They are in the N3DS and O3DS folders in the FIRMs.7z.
b) If, instead, you need to use NTR CFW, the 9.6 FIRM for Old3DS and the 10.2 FIRM for New3DS are needed. They are in the N3DS and O3DS folders inside the "NTR" folder in the FIRMs.7z.
To enable AGB_FIRM and TWL_FIRM patching, just also copy the firmware_agb.bin and firmware_twl.bin files for your console from the FIRMs.7z.

What are these firmware.bins I'm putting into the aurei folders? What are these for, and will they affect my 9.2 sysnand?

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your quick replies guys. Another thing I wanted to ask - what is ARM9Loaderhax ? Is that something I should look into as well?
Long story short, it's a way to hijack the 3DS's boot process and run code immediately on boot. Good for CFW (emuNAND or sysNAND) and running things like Decrypt9 and Uncart as soon as the 3DS boots. It takes some time and work to get it working, but it's quicker and more reliable at booting things like AuReiNAND.

derukun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I took the 4.2 version and just replaced the files in the 3ds folder with the build you posted. Should be good to go yeah?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/rgJhhZwo/file.html
"Added improved language emulation from @TuxSH (improves compatibility), fixed language emulation only working for the first launched game/app and not being applied on demos."
Really be grateful to him, he spent a whole day on this.
Also please give us some compatibility reports with this new version.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
"Added improved language emulation from @TuxSH (improves compatibility), fixed language emulation only working for the first launched game/app and not being applied on demos."

All Hail @TuxSH! All Hail @Aurora Wright!

They are the hero we don't deserve!

:bow::bow::bow:

EDIT:

Alright, right off the bat I'm noticing some tremendous changes!

Majora's Mask and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy's working perfectly well!

Smash Brothers is also detecting the DLC!

All 3 are US titles.

Thanks to @TuxSH for this marvelous work and @Aurora Wright for ARN!

Last edited by Madao64,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many thanks to both of you! I appreciate all the work you two are doing. AuRei keeps getting more awesome.

As for compatibility, Labyrinth no Kanata works just fine with the language/region emulation now! I don't know what @TuxSH did but clearly compatibility is better! Thanks a lot for this!

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crazy good work you guys.

Also @TuxSH ilu for twlsavetool keep blessing gbatemp with your skills

derukun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm running menuhax and put the respective folders into the 3ds folder and the .dat file in root.

Not sure what to do with the firmware bins, I didn't do anything with those.

Kept my original boot.3dsx file because the one supplied in the build seems to boot straight to aureinand which is strange.

Anyway, when I select ARN on menuhax, I get the configuration. I press Start and hold L again to boot back to menuhax. I then run ARN but I get a hanging black screen.

Edit: This time, the screen didn't hang on black, but it gave me the configuration page again. Apparently it's not saving the settings when it reboots, cuz every time I get boot I get the config screen again.

Anyone can help me troubleshoot?

Last edited by derukun,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
try not holding L when you reboot and see if it boots to aurienand

the boot.3dsx it gives you is to boot right to aureinand thats why it does that. the firm files need to go in the aurei folder

derukun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, not holding L puts me back in sysnand.

I put the N3DS firmware files into the aurei files and put them in sd card root but it doesn't change anything.

Really mind boggling, I switched to reinand real easy by just copy-pasta'ing files but not sure why this is giving me trouble considering its built off reinand code

EDIT: I originally was using files from the 3ds folder of a build that a user posted a page back, but out of curiosity I replaced them with the original files that were in the 3ds folder (the 4.2 build's files). Booted fine. Problem solved.

Thanks anyway though!

Last edited by derukun,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/X2x6pu6vSjU