Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I finally took the plunge and went 100% sysnand, bye bye emunand R.I.P.

All seems to be running smoothly, no noticeable problems yet, running the latest 3.9.0

Not seen any booting speed improvements yet over emunand, but will try on a faster card tonight when i get some peace at home to concentrate

This for me now is like REAL CFW just like back in the old PS3 days

did u have to recopy your Nintendo3DS folder for that?

or can you just wipe your emuNAND partition without losing your Cias/saves that were used on emuNAND.?

jdmi3n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello all, so i took the plung and followed the guide to install A9LH with AuReinand with updatedsysNand. Everything went perfect first try following the guide, on AuReinand 3.9 latest.

Now my question is, since it merged my emunand to sysnand am i able to update without worring? As it patches Firm0/Firm1?

Also since the tutorial required tiny umbrella to downgrade, it created another 3ds file system inside the folder "Nintendo 3ds" can i delete those extra file system since emunand is merged?

thanks for the awesom work!

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello all, so i took the plung and followed the guide to install A9LH with AuReinand with updatedsysNand. Everything went perfect first try following the guide, on AuReinand 3.9 latest.

Now my question is, since it merged my emunand to sysnand am i able to update without worring? As it patches Firm0/Firm1?

Also since the tutorial required tiny umbrella to downgrade, it created another 3ds file system inside the folder "Nintendo 3ds" can i delete those extra file system since emunand is merged?

thanks for the awesom work!
Yeah, you can update sysNAND without any issues.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
did u have to recopy your Nintendo3DS folder for that?

or can you just wipe your emuNAND partition without losing your Cias/saves that were used on emuNAND.?

I just started fresh bud, i had my saves ( all 2 of them ) backed up and not too bothered about re installing games as i hardly ever play any, i enjoy more just playing around with the system and trying out new homebrew's and hax

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I just started fresh bud, i had my saves ( all 2 of them ) backed up and not too bothered about re installing games as i hardly ever play any, i enjoy more just playing around with the system and trying out new homebrew's and hax

haha neat, but i shall stick to emuNAND.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm so busy messing with my 3DS, I don't even have time to play any games :(

Now there's not so much to do.. Already got A9LH with sysNAND.. I can finally play some games.

*Goes and plays FE: Fates*

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I'm so busy messing with my 3DS, I don't even have time to play any games :(

Now there's not so much to do.. Already got A9LH with sysNAND.. I can finally play some games.

*Goes and plays FE: Fates*

the beauty and irony of our unlocked state is that i only play super mario 3d land and nsmb2 anyway, which are both available legit :D

Reactions: Gray_Jack

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,

first, thx for your work :yaynds:

It work flawlessly in updated SysNand mode except for one thing, I launch HBL with cia loader and, even it it actually success to launch HBL, all 3dsx I try to launch simply kick me back to HBL. The screen flash red 2 times then return to HBL...is it normal ? can I do something to make it work or is it only working though emunand ?

Last edited by toto621,

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

first, thx for your work :yaynds:

It work flawlessly in updated SysNand mode except for one thing, I launch HBL with cia loader and, even it it actually success to launch HBL, all 3dsx I try to launch simply kick me back to HBL. The screen flash red 2 times then return to HBL...is it normal ? can I do something to make it work or is it only working though emunand ?

they cant run the 10.x firm, need the lower firm, so either 9.2 sys or 9.2 emu

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no, it doesn't work
Well, I suppose you are still formatting the SD card... Just more of a complete format :P I recommend Minitool Partition Wizard for all this stuff, if you don't want to use Windows' own Partition Manager!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (turns on a fan to deter qwerty's burp and ancientboi's fart)