Status
Not open for further replies.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: Does GBA VC work on sysnand A9LH via AuReiNand 3.9? Or is it CakesFW only?
It works better on AuReiNAND actually.

It allows you to play both games such as Smash Bros/Monster Hunter and DS/GBA games.
Cakes only allows you to do one, not both. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It works better on AuReiNAND actually.

It allows you to play both games such as Smash Bros/Monster Hunter and DS/GBA games.
Cakes only allows you to do one, not both. Pretty stupid if you ask me.
Well, it's not "pretty stupid" :P It's a limitation of Cakes' reboot patch and it's fixable.
The dev is just busy with other stuff to actually fix it, so I guess it'll stay like that for a while.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it's not "pretty stupid" :P It's a limitation of Cakes' reboot patch and it's fixable.
The dev is just busy with other stuff to actually fix it, so I guess it'll stay like that for a while.
That's why AuReiNAND is the best CFW ;)
All the features you need all in one package.
It's also the closest one to feel like vanilla.
(The included boot manager is nice too.)

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
The dev for cakes bricked his 3ds testing a9lh stuff, and I don't know if he's fixed it yet, so it's not entirely his fault Cakes is behind.

Reactions: Gray_Jack

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The dev for cakes bricked his 3ds testing a9lh stuff, and I don't know if he's fixed it yet, so it's not entirely his fault Cakes is behind.
I think that he already got his 3DSes hardmodded and they are back, but I might be mistaken.
Yeah, AuReiNAND is great, I love the boot manager and the basic setup to make it work, probably my favorite CFW so far.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't Aurora get a brick too? :P
Didn't stop her, did it?

Anyways, it's not only that, but when the OTP guide changed to Cakes, I saw more people starting to get issues. It's also not as safe and easy for your average user (FIRM0/FIRM1 isn't blocked automatically).
I've helped out a few people on Reddit who's issues were fixed once I helped them install AuReiNAND. (Before OTP guide included AuReiNAND at the end. Even so, he uses Cakes for most of his guide, people probably aren't bothered to switch CFW since they would already have Cakes set up.)

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Didn't stop her, did it?

Anyways, it's not only that, but when the OTP guide changed to Cakes, I saw more people starting to get issues. It's also not as safe and easy for your average user (FIRM0/FIRM1 isn't blocked automatically).
I've helped out a few people on Reddit who's issues were fixed once I helped them install AuReiNAND. (Before OTP guide included AuReiNAND at the end. Even so, he uses Cakes for most of his guide, people probably aren't bothered to switch CFW since they would already have Cakes set up.)
Yeah, I protested the new change. It also doesn't help that he claims Cakes is for more advanced users in his guide.

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be setting up A9LH sysnand tonight. I'm wanting to compare A9LH sysnand vs A9LH emunand. I will probably make a backup of sysnand, flash emunand onto sysnand, and enjoy the ride many people claim to be the "best cfw experience ever." If it works out, I got a formatted emunand backup from the initial A9LH install procedure to flash to keep an emunand.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I will be setting up A9LH sysnand tonight. I'm wanting to compare A9LH sysnand vs A9LH emunand. I will probably make a backup of sysnand, flash emunand onto sysnand, and enjoy the ride many people claim to be the "best cfw experience ever." If it works out, I got a formatted emunand backup from the initial A9LH install procedure to flash to keep an emunand.
NO, DON'T DO THAT! YOU WILL END UP ON 10.7 WITHOUT A9LH

Last edited by astronautlevel,

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I protested the new change. It also doesn't help that he claims Cakes is for more advanced users in his guide.
Yeah, people don't want to look like they're "stupid".
That guide's the reason this CFW war even started in the first place >.> Just look at the 3dshacks subreddit.

Before he switched the guide to Cakes, it was all calm, didn't matter what CFW you used.
After he switched it to Cakes? Everyone keeps fighting over which CFW is superior. (Which, technically speaking AuReiNAND is superior.)

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Didn't stop her, did it?

Yeah, I got a friend to do the OTP guide while Cakes was the only option, in the end, he wasn't able to set it up and I helped him to get AuReiNAND running, I haven't checked out how Cakes' guide is now though.
I remember him posting the hardmod, but then he posted an edit a few minutes later saying he messed up the hardmod and permanently bricked it
Not sure if his 3DS is working, but he is busy atm.
Don't flash emuNAND into sysNAND directly(using Decrypt9 for example), else you'll have an A9LH-less sysNAND running whatever firmware you were running on sysNAND.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Now that I've gotten that out of the way, here's the explanation.

Only your SysNAND has arm9loaderhax installed, and a9lh is installed on the FIRM0/1 partitions of your SysNAND. When you back up your EmuNAND, it does NOT have a9lh installed on it.

Back up ONLY the CTRNAND of the EmuNAND (and AGBSAVES if you use GBA games) then restore that to SysNAND.

DO NOT restore all of EmuNAND to SysNAND.

Reactions: matpower

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I got a friend to do the OTP guide while Cakes was the only option, in the end, he wasn't able to set it up and I helped him to get AuReiNAND running, I haven't checked out how Cakes' guide is now though.

Not sure if his 3DS is working, but he is busy atm.

Don't flash emuNAND into sysNAND directly(using Decrypt9 for example), else you'll have an A9LH-less sysNAND running whatever firmware you were running on sysNAND.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, here's the explanation.

Only your SysNAND has arm9loaderhax installed, and a9lh is installed on the FIRM0/1 partitions of your SysNAND. When you back up your EmuNAND, it does NOT have a9lh installed on it.

Back up ONLY the CTRNAND of the EmuNAND (and AGBSAVES if you use GBA games) then restore that to SysNAND.

DO NOT restore all of EmuNAND to SysNAND.
I'm only doing CTRNAND and AGBSAVES in the first place. I look at threads, and I am not one of those scrubbish newcomers either.

I might be young, but I do these procedures as a paid for service where I live. People where I live are not so smart, or bright and don't google.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I'm only doing CTRNAND and AGBSAVES in the first place. I look at threads, and I am not one of those scrubbish newcomers either.

I might be young, but I do these procedures as a paid for service where I live. People where I live are not so smart, or bright and don't google.
Just making sure, I accidentally removed a9lh with 10.6 SysNAND by flashing by entire EmuNAND. (Don't judge me it was like 4 in the morning).

Reactions: RealityNinja

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO, DON'T DO THAT! YOU WILL END UP ON 10.7 WITHOUT A9LH
Lol, already started this procedure properly before hand.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just making sure, I accidentally removed a9lh with 10.6 SysNAND by flashing by entire EmuNAND. (Don't judge me it was like 4 in the morning).
Lol, if I was in your scenario, I would most likely do the same...

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Ah, sorry. Still, the way you phrased it looked like you meant a direct flash and I don't know you, so yeah, I was trying to be helpful. :P

Reactions: astronautlevel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro