Last edited by RealityNinja,

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You misunderstood me.

I don't want to launch AuReiNand using CTRbootManager.
I want to launch CTRBootManager using AuReiNand and the new L+R shortcut.
The idea is to avoid anything that may turn the boot a bit slower (that's why I want to get rid of any boot manager when booting to CFW) but I also want to have an access to CTRBootManager because it is much more convenient to launch tools using it. At the moment, we can not do much more than launching CFW and Decrypt9 but in the future, maybe we will have more tools to launch before the system. That's why I wanted to setup CTR. ;)

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
successfully installed a9lh and aurei, but holding R button when powering on boots into sig-patched sysnand instead of menuhaxed ctrboot manager which was what I had prior to installing a9lh+aurei. Anyway to fix this? 41:00 of this video shows that:

Last edited by cultopi,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still cannot get the L+R to work with the latest update, now it simply boots me to 10.X or 9.0 NAND, I can't get D9 to trigger. Any potential to get the activation button changed to one we're not using already?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I still cannot get the L+R to work with the latest update, now it simply boots me to 10.X or 9.0 NAND, I can't get D9 to trigger. Any potential to get the activation button changed to one we're not using already?
Make sure loader.bin (included in the latest release) is in the rei folder and d9 was renamed to "arm9payload.bin" and copied to the rei folder...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if everything fails I guess you can use something like arm9select I wrote recently, its not any slower than booting directly into aureinand since its so hardcoded.

Reactions: Sev501

VirusX2

Master Race Beast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AuReiNand Installation Guide please.

I Tried and am redirecting to sysNAND every time. Can anyone provide me proper Guide?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't want to clutter people's SD card roots :)
You're very considerate. While I have your attention, any possibility screen init could be built into loader.bin instead of needing to compile it into each arm9payload.bin we might want? That would let us update D9 without breaking screen init. I'm assuming loader.bin is only activated when the L+R hotkeys are held down and not every boot.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@Aurora Wright
AuReiNand might've started with minimal changes to Reinand, so but it evolved into something else now.
My question is, don't you think it's about time you rename rei folder to AuRei (for those that have both), and the 3dsx to AuReinand instead of ReiNand.

Yeah I know there is a fork out there that does that. But I think it's about time this becomes a part of the main build. Any reason why not?

Reactions: peteruk

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if everything fails I guess you can use something like arm9select I wrote recently, its not any slower than booting directly into aureinand since its so hardcoded.
I like it, I may use it just to set up other homebrew with screen_init. default.bin for AuReiNAND, l.bin for firmware90, r.bin for firmware, y.bin and y_bl for D9. Then I have a whole slew of other homebrew I can run. I may tinker with it until I figure out how to boot the two different NANDs.

Tylersilva93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for whatever reason the arm9payloader.bin for decrypt9 doesn't work for me either. I downloaded auroras and also the official .bin but i get booted to sysnand when holding L+R. Yes i have placed it in the rei folder and yes the name is correct. Is it because my A9LH has screen init?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
for whatever reason the arm9payloader.bin for decrypt9 doesn't work for me either. I downloaded auroras and also the official .bin but i get booted to sysnand when holding L+R. Yes i have placed it in the rei folder and yes the name is correct. Is it because my A9LH has screen init?
It will kick you to sysNAND if you don't have "loader.bin" or "arm9payload.bin"...
Btw development will be on halt for a few days because I bricked my O3DS (not related to AuRei) and so, while I'm at it, I'm having both O3DS and N3DS hardmodded.

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

Tylersilva93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will kick you to sysNAND if you don't have "loader.bin" or "arm9payload.bin"...
Btw development will be on halt for a few days because I bricked my O3DS (not related to AuRei) and so, since I'm at it, I'm having both O3DS and N3DS hardmodded.
I have both loader.bin and arm9. And hey take a break youve been a machine anyway you deserve it lol

Reactions: Aurora Wright

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have both loader.bin and arm9. And hey take a break youve been a machine anyway you deserve it lol
If you're booting with A9LH (the chainloading doesn't work with 9.0 exploits) and you have "arm9payload.bin" and "loader.bin" inside the "rei" folder, it should work. If it doesn't, one of those two files doesn't exist (and so it acts like you pressed just L)

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find theDecrypt9 that can be run on 10.6 SYSNAND AuRei so I can restore NAND? Need to get back to 9.2 to update A9lh

Last edited by tivu100,

princeken09

그 "멋진" 남자
Trophies
XP
Country
You can use FIX94s A9LH fork + ARM9SELECT. You'll no longer get the backlight flash and you can still use screen init payloads like Decrypt9

Done installing FIX94's A9LH fork on both on my 3DSs with ARM9Select. There's no more flickering now. Thanks!

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw development will be on halt for a few days because I bricked my O3DS (not related to AuRei) and so, while I'm at it, I'm having both O3DS and N3DS hardmodded.
Sorry to hear that... But if all goes well a hard mod is nice to have. How did it happen?

If it makes you feel better, I surface damaged the motherboard pretty good by trying to forcedly screw the wrong size screw (was to long) in the battery door. Still appears to work fine but it eats away at me some days... Anyone know how to fix that up? Touch up paint is an unacceptable answer...

Last edited by democracy,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag