Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

princeken09

그 "멋진" 남자
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, that's why I decided to keep a no-screen-init a9lh and bundle it with d9 (makes more sense to me :P)
Too bad I jumped in the A9LH boat late and compiled the one with screen init already. Oh well, as long as the boot speed is the same, it's fine with me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's nice having a splash screen :P

But I understand it being annoying to people who don't have a splash image.
By having a splash image, the screen wont turn off after turning on the first time? What if I put in a black splash? Will it affect boot speed?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad I jumped in the A9LH boat late and compiled the one with screen init already. Oh well, as long as the boot speed is the same, it's fine with me.
I might have the source to the original A9LH (without screen init) on my PC. I can check after school and compile it for you if you want.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By having a splash image, the screen wont turn off after turning on the first time? What if I put in a black splash? Will it affect boot speed?
It'll still turn off, but it'll look more natural. It'll probably only add like a second or two to boot times.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Have just check to see if there was an update to AuReiNand (am currently on v3.6.1) and just downloaded v3.8 and noticed there is now a loader.bin in the 'rei' folder, do i need to do anything special or remove one of my firmware files to update??

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have just check to see if there was an update to AuReiNand (am currently on v3.6.1) and just downloaded v3.8 and noticed there is now a loader.bin in the 'rei' folder, do i need to do anything special or remove one of my firmware files to update??
Nah, just drag all the files to the root of your SD card and replace.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, just drag all the files to the root of your SD card and replace.

Ok thanks.

I have been having an issue with my other 3ds system, if i power the 3ds on when the sd card is inserted the blue led light turns on for like 3 seconds and then the system turns itself off, if i power the 3ds on without the sd card inserted the system stays turned on but theres no display on either screen.

Any ideas what the issue might be?

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thanks.

I have been having an issue with my other 3ds system, if i power the 3ds on when the sd card is inserted the blue led light turns on for like 3 seconds and then the system turns itself off, if i power the 3ds on without the sd card inserted the system stays turned on but theres no display on either screen.

Any ideas what the issue might be?
No a9lh payload bin on the card?

Chaos Cat

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
my splash screen for aureinand

feel free to enjoy

mrrraousplash.jpg

Attachments

• splash.rar
    97 KB · Views: 87

Excelsis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, that's why I decided to keep a no-screen-init a9lh and bundle it with d9 (makes more sense to me :P)

Is it possible to change D9's brightness with this set up? It's wayyyyy too bright for my liking.

By the way, forgot to thank you for the help last week with the GBA stuff, greatly appreciated! sysNAND a9lh rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Who bans the banners?