Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think that I know why it does not work for me. (with L+R)

I use this fork: https://github.com/FIX94/arm9loaderhax
The backlight is set at 0 by default and when I boot AuReiNand, there is no problem but when I press L+R, it does not change the backlight level. I can boot Decrypt9 in fact, if I press start, it reboots to AuReiNand so it is running but I can't see anything on the screen.
Would it be possible to change something to this? It's probably related to loader.bin but I don't know how it works at all...
It's the issue of that a9lh fork if it provides a "non standard" A9LH environment, not mine. IMHO, ARM9 apps should have an environment in which the screen is fully inited (backlight included) or not inited at all (as it's annoying to see the screen flashing with CFWs). AuRei supports both cases. The AuRei "loader" merely starts D9, has nothing to do with it. At best I could integrate screen init if the screen wasn't already inited when loading a payload, but that wouldn't solve your issue.

By the way I got a pull request about disabling the splash screen if it's a soft reboot (like when rebooting from system settings). Do you think it's a good idea or do you prefer seeing it in those cases too?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
By the way I got a pull request about disabling the splash screen if it's a soft reboot (like when rebooting from system settings). Do you think it's a good idea or do you prefer seeing it in those cases too?
Well, I'd like to have another splash on soft reboot. But I understand if it's too much hassle and probably there aren't many people who would want it anyway.

Last edited by SomeGamer,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've made that fork specifically for arm9select so you can decide which app should have backlight enabled and which app shouldnt, not for using it with just one raw app because the environment will be different. Also on that note arm9select doesnt even take 0.1 seconds for me to load the next file so you wont risk any slowdowns with it anyways.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh definitely! Would make it feel more natural.

I got everything working but NDS carts no longer boot. Does that need some kind of TWL patch?

Also, a single and last question: Does this block FIRM updates by default? In my previous load methos I used cakes and you had to mark the block patches before updating your sysnand in order to keep AL9H.
DS games work fine for me.

Yes, AuReiNAND blocks FIRM0/FIRM1 without you having to do anything.

Reactions: DSoryu

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh definitely! Would make it feel more natural.

DS games work fine for me.

Yes, AuReiNAND blocks FIRM0/FIRM1 without you having to do anything.

Well, I found the problem... at some ponit fo my update history, I don't remember the time, I did something wrong to the TWL_FIRM... it was ages ago, and now seems to be conflicting with Aureinand...

The only form to solve this I guess, is to re-install TWL_FIRM. What is it's cia ID? is for O3DS btw, latezt firmware.

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I found the problem... at some ponit fo my update history, I don't remember the time, I did something wrong to the TWL_FIRM... it was ages ago, and now seems to be conflicting with Aureinand...

The only form to solve this I guess, is to re-install TWL_FIRM. What is it's cia ID? is for O3DS btw, latezt firmware.

Reactions: DSoryu

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
so in the op. it states "- O3DS support (on >= 7.x consoles only)." does and i am abit confused.

so if my og3ds is on sysNAND fw. 9.2 will this modded reiNAND not work for me ?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so in the op. it states "- O3DS support (on >= 7.x consoles only)." does and i am abit confused.

so if my og3ds is on sysNAND fw. 9.2 will this modded reiNAND not work for me ?
That means greater than or equal to :P
If you're on 7.X or greater, you can use this.

So yes, you can use this.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
That means greater than or equal to :P
If you're on 7.X or greater, you can use this.

So yes, you can use this.

haha thanks my friend, today i learn some new sign i guess.. XD well i was never good in maths, i only know > and the < signs meaning , so >= means the given number or higher eh! thanks XD

edit : i want to try out A9LH on my og3ds so i asked beforehand.
guys did many of you try A9LH, is it very risky or not risky if your careful etc.?

(i would do it on my n3ds too but i use GW emuNAND with it, and i read that GW cannot boot with A9LH yet)

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha thanks my friend, today i learn some new sign i guess.. XD well i was never good in maths, i only know > and the < signs meaning , so >= means the given number or higher eh! thanks XD

edit : i want to try out A9LH on my og3ds so i asked beforehand.
guys did many of you try A9LH, is it very risky or not risky if your careful etc.?

(i would do it on my n3ds too but i use GW emuNAND with it, and i read that GW cannot boot with A9LH yet)

As long as you follow the steps your fine the bricking risk is very low.

Well gateway don't officially support A9LH currently but their are ways to use it. Keeping sysNAND on 9.2 and loading with L when you want to load gateway and use the modified gateway.cia from the home menu.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
As long as you follow the steps your fine the bricking risk is very low.

Well gateway don't officially support A9LH currently but their are ways to use it. Keeping sysNAND on 9.2 and loading with L when you want to load gateway and use the modified gateway.cia from the home menu.

wow still sounds simple to use GW even having the A9LH installed hmm , might try it out on my n3ds after i try it on my og.

i love the speedy booting of it.

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow still sounds simple to use GW even having the A9LH installed hmm , might try it out on my n3ds after i try it on my og.

i love the speedy booting of it.

Yes, just some people get confused and flash their emuNAND with installing A9lh instead of sysNAND backup

As long as your sysNAND stays in 9.2 and emuNAND is still 10.6 then booting holding L will load 9.2 with sig checks patched.

Then load gateway from the home menu :) , hell if your wanting to just use a cia then you can just turn on as normal and your in emuNAND

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Yes, just some people get confused and flash their emuNAND with installing A9lh instead of sysNAND backup

As long as your sysNAND stays in 9.2 and emuNAND is still 10.6 then booting holding L will load 9.2 with sig checks patched.

Then load gateway from the home menu :) , hell if your wanting to just use a cia then you can just turn on as normal and your in emuNAND

oh but mate, i mean GW emuNAND, cause i like using GW emuNAND for region free stuff , i know theres regionfreeloaders and stuff.

but mainly i just like to use my GW haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone +1