Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

prototech

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3.8 is working well, and I have officially switched to sysNAND. Everything works solid and fast, thanks for everything.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will kick you to sysNAND if you don't have "loader.bin" or "arm9payload.bin"...
Btw development will be on halt for a few days because I bricked my O3DS (not related to AuRei) and so, while I'm at it, I'm having both O3DS and N3DS hardmodded.
Oh no! :P What'd you do to it anyways?

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find theDecrypt9 that can be run on 10.6 SYSNAND AuRei so I can restore NAND? Need to get back to 9.2 to update A9lh
Just use the most current Decrypt9WIP. You'll want the Decrypt9WIP.dat from that folder. As of a recent version it's good for use as a Brahma payload or directly with A9LH. Not everything works quite yet, but the most important stuff does.

*edit*
Uh, scratch that, ShadowTrance just released a build to the Decrypt9 forum thread where everything does in fact work from A9LH now. Assuming you have the right decryption keys when they're called for. I would assume it'll get pushed up to github sooner rather than later.

Last edited by 9thSage,

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After successful installation of A9LH + AuReiNAND, how do I make it boot into menuhax ctrboot manager while holding R? It only boots into sig-patched sysnand.

cultopi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using L instead.
L boots into black screen. But I got it figured out, I reinstalled menuhax with R as trigger button. So now if no button is pressed, it will boot into Aurei Emunand. It then boots into ctrboot manager if R button is held.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
D

Deleted User

Delete all your Cakes stuff.
Make sure you're using the proper firmware files for your system (o3ds or n3ds) and put them in the /rei/ folder.

I had reiNAND previously set up, should I need to change anything in the rei folder?

Pacman`

Trophies
XP
Country
@ Aurora Wright
Thank you for v3.8.

Nand Backup works ok, but Nand Restore gave me an error.
I used the arm9payload.bin that you said you used for Decrypt9 ( http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/VnzdiA3h/file.html ).

I got this in the log:

You selected "NAND Restore".
This feature writes to the SysNAND.
Doing this is potentially dangerous!

If you wish to proceed, enter:
<Left>, <Up>, <Right>, <Up>, <A>

(B to return, START to reboot)

Use arrow keys and <A> to choose a file
sysNAND.bin
Opening sysNAND.bin ...
NAND CID: 82704E73EF075233444D593400011500
TWL Customer ID: 9E319E4780657477
0x03 KeyX: E83869AD4E494E54454E444FC013A788
0x03 KeyY: 76DCB90AD3C44DBD1DDD2D200500A0E1
0x05 KeyY: not set, slot0x05KeyY.bin not found
ERROR, file is too small!
NAND Restore: failed!

Press B to return, START to reboot.

I then tried the other Decrypt9 bin that was floating around and it worked with Arm9 bootloader v0.2 Alpha.
https://github.com/hartmannaf/BootCtr9/releases/tag/v0.2

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@ Aurora Wright
Thank you for v3.8.

Nand Backup works ok, but Nand Restore gave me an error.
I used the arm9payload.bin that you said you used for Decrypt9 ( http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/VnzdiA3h/file.html ).

I got this in the log:

You selected "NAND Restore".
This feature writes to the SysNAND.
Doing this is potentially dangerous!

If you wish to proceed, enter:
<Left>, <Up>, <Right>, <Up>, <A>

(B to return, START to reboot)

Use arrow keys and <A> to choose a file
sysNAND.bin
Opening sysNAND.bin ...
NAND CID: 82704E73EF075233444D593400011500
TWL Customer ID: 9E319E4780657477
0x03 KeyX: E83869AD4E494E54454E444FC013A788
0x03 KeyY: 76DCB90AD3C44DBD1DDD2D200500A0E1
0x05 KeyY: not set, slot0x05KeyY.bin not found
ERROR, file is too small!
NAND Restore: failed!

Press B to return, START to reboot.

I then tried the other Decrypt9 bin that was floating around and it worked with Arm9 bootloader v0.2 Alpha.
Check decrypt9 thread. It's an error in that version. The dev knows about it. Use ano older version or check if the a newer version is out

Your NAND dump is valid btw., it's just the restoring function that was broken

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check decrypt9 thread. It's an error in that version. The dev knows about it. Use ano older version or check if the a newer version is out

Your NAND dump is valid btw., it's just the restoring function that was broken
What about ctrnand, for new3ds via arm9? Anyone try that yet to switch emunand to sysnand? There was a post or two staying that there are problems with that method for new3ds only.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I got everything working but NDS carts no longer boot. Does that need some kind of TWL patch?

Also, a single and last question: Does this block FIRM updates by default? In my previous load methos I used cakes and you had to mark the block patches before updating your sysnand in order to keep AL9H.

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ! A few days ago, I set up Aureinand V3.7.3 on my old 3dsxl (arm9loaderhax method). How can I do to update to Aureinand v3.8 ?

Do I just need to replace the reifolder and launcher.dat or are there more specific operations to do ? Thanks for your answers.

Disharmony16

~DooM-BringeR~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello ! A few days ago, I set up Aureinand V3.7.3 on my old 3dsxl (arm9loaderhax method). How can I do to update to Aureinand v3.8 ?

Do I just need to replace the reifolder and launcher.dat or are there more specific operations to do ? Thanks for your answers.
You just need to replace the rei folder and arm9loaderhax.bin in the root of the sd card to update to v3.8

Sev501

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Works flawlessly! Thank you for everything you put in to this project.

Hope everything gets sorted out and them hardmods installed fine.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think that I know why it does not work for me. (with L+R)

I use this fork: https://github.com/FIX94/arm9loaderhax
The backlight is set at 0 by default and when I boot AuReiNand, there is no problem but when I press L+R, it does not change the backlight level. I can boot Decrypt9 in fact, if I press start, it reboots to AuReiNand so it is running but I can't see anything on the screen.
Would it be possible to change something to this? It's probably related to loader.bin but I don't know how it works at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🚽 [flush] [walks in without washing my hands] Hi guys 👋 :)