Status
Not open for further replies.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I don't even have to format my sd card before following the guide?
Nope, but you should make a backup of both your SD card and your emuNAND (using emuNAND9) just to be safe.

You'll also need to backup of your sysNAND at some point, the guide will instruct you when to do so.

Back on ReiNand i didn't have this problem so i figured it must be Luma3DS.
No, if the behaviour has changed, it's more than likely a result of a firmware update. The easiest way to find out is to switch back to reiNAND.

mockanter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated Luma and now it says (Dev) next to it. Is this okay? And most of the times when I launch luma it says an error has occurred, the system will now restart. Sometimes I can get in though. Any help would be nice

leo97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok so right now I followed the Plailect guide until the point where I have to update my SysNAND. I did the move EmuNAND thing too already and somehow booted into the home menu where all my cias from my old setup were (menuhax+luma3ds). Now if I don't press anything I boot into menuhax with the same freezing issue but if I press L I start into my typical system without any games installed since I set the EmuNAND up right as I got my 3ds which I guess is SysNAND? I already restored the NANDmin.bin and it says Sys 9.2.0-20e is it really safe to update now because I don't really know if I have a9lh and luma 3ds installed properly. I followed the guide in all steps though I'm just unsure about the thing with me having to boot up with holding the L button(I set this up following the old guide btw). I hope it's kinda clear what I mean ^^

Last edited by leo97,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated Luma and now it says (Dev) next to it. Is this okay? And most of the times when I launch luma it says an error has occurred, the system will now restart. Sometimes I can get in though. Any help would be nice
How are you updating it? The latest stable when I checked earlier today was still 6.6. Dev and regular was merged long ago. I'd say just download it manually and copy it onto your (micro)SD card.

Reactions: Zidapi

leo97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I now just started the update through the systemsettings like described in the guide so let's see how it will turn out

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so right now I followed the Plailect guide until the point where I have to update my SysNAND. I did the move EmuNAND thing too already and somehow booted into the home menu where all my cias from my old setup were (menuhax+luma3ds). Now if I don't press anything I boot into menuhax with the same freezing issue but if I press L I start into my typical system without any games installed since I set the EmuNAND up right as I got my 3ds which I guess is SysNAND? I already restored the NANDmin.bin and it says Sys 9.2.0-20e is it really safe to update now because I don't really know if I have a9lh and luma 3ds installed properly. I followed the guide in all steps though I'm just unsure about the thing with me having to boot up with holding the L button(I set this up following the old guide btw). I hope it's kinda clear what I mean ^^

I guess you have emuNAND and sysNAND. You should update Luma3DS to the latest and Hourglass9 to the latest as well. Make a backup of both NANDs. If you want to make things simple for yourself, restore the emuNAND (after you made backups) to sysNAND using Hourglass9. Press and hold select while you press the power button to turn on your 3DS. It'll take you to Luma3DS config screen if you have it installed.

leo97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok so it worked I guess I now installed luma3ds updater hblauncher and fbi on my system but my old agmes arent on the system how can I restore them now I backed my emunand up in an sysnan_emu.bin

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so it worked I guess I now installed luma3ds updater hblauncher and fbi on my system but my old agmes arent on the system how can I restore them now I backed my emunand up in an sysnan_emu.bin
After you backup both your NANDs, because if you screw up, there's no going back, restore your backup of emuNAND using restore sysNAND function in Hourglass9. Copy your backups somewhere safe. Multiple places.

leo97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I backed up my emunand in NANDmin_emu earlier and am backing up sysNAND in sysNANDmin.bin is that ok or does the name matter? and where do i find the sysnand backup?

leo97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I found out why my EmuNAND wasn't restored right away its because I didnt read that I had to skip some steps if I followed the emunand move guide and so I first restored my emunand to my sysnand and then restored the sysnand backup lol. So now I just restored the emunand to my sysnand and it seems to be working I booted into sysnand with luma3ds and all my games the only question left is if i should follow the further instructions now? I guess it won't hurt?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I found out why my EmuNAND wasn't restored right away its because I didnt read that I had to skip some steps if I followed the emunand move guide and so I first restored my emunand to my sysnand and then restored the sysnand backup lol. So now I just restored the emunand to my sysnand and it seems to be working I booted into sysnand with luma3ds and all my games the only question left is if i should follow the further instructions now? I guess it won't hurt?
If you're following the 3ds.guide then, it's safe. If not, I don't know.

galaktb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How do I start decrypt9 after closing a gba game?

I press the button I assigned to the payload but I still end up in the homemenu.

Golbez194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which is last version of luma? On site the latest is 6.6...but peoples said that it's not and not recommend to update to latest 11.3 firmware from luma 6.6.So where else i should get this so called "newer" than 6.6 luma?

Also which version of a9lh is newest one? I think i instelled v2 back there,is it still saf one or i should update?

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So which is last version of luma? On site the latest is 6.6...but peoples said that it's not and not recommend to update to latest 11.3 firmware from luma 6.6.So where else i should get this so called "newer" than 6.6 luma?

Also which version of a9lh is newest one? I think i instelled v2 back there,is it still saf one or i should update?

Luma nightlies

A9lh v3 is the newest with sdcard-less support

Golbez194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma nightlies

A9lh v3 is the newest with sdcard-less support

Thanks!
But where can i get those nightlies builds? I don't see link on official Luma page. I heard nightlies buids can be unstable ones,is it safe to update into those?

Cool seems that better to update to V3 then,is SDcard-less function is the only difference from version two?

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried to install the gba fix for Luma, but it tells me the cias are already are installed. Which I certainly didn't do and gba games still turn of my system.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now I just restored the emunand to my sysnand and it seems to be working I booted into sysnand with luma3ds and all my games the only question left is if i should follow the further instructions now? I guess it won't hurt?
Yes, finish the rest of the steps. At this point, your system is set up the way that it needs to be. The rest of the guide is just installing a few important tools like FBI, HBL, and luma updater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol choosing disney+ over Netflix of course they cap tier quality per subscription