Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, interesting issue with pinmessage.txt on 6.6. You can use Enter in Notepad to make a new line, but since Notepad inserts both <CR> and <LF> into the document for a line break, you will see a ♪ character before the new line. Luma apparently doesn't recognize 0x0D as part of a new line, and only 0x0A, so any Windows user's attempts to create a pinmessage.txt with a new line to it will get that note symbol showing up.

Reactions: fr3quency

eroz76

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, interesting issue with pinmessage.txt on 6.6. You can use Enter in Notepad to make a new line, but since Notepad inserts both <CR> and <LF> into the document for a line break, you will see a ♪ character before the new line. Luma apparently doesn't recognize 0x0D as part of a new line, and only 0x0A, so any Windows user's attempts to create a pinmessage.txt with a new line to it will get that note symbol showing up.
Notepad is terrible. Use Notepad++ https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Gekkouga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Using Sysnand 9.2 + Emunand 11.3 with Luma v6.6 on an European N3DSXL.
Whenever i close my 3DS the yellow lights which are usually only flashing if you are currently playing online also flash there. It's really draining my battery and reduces it a lot. I know you could always turn your connection off in the settings but that's just impractical and should be unnecessary. Is there a way to fix flashing wifi lights on a closed 3DS?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Sysnand 9.2 + Emunand 11.3 with Luma v6.6 on an European N3DSXL.
Whenever i close my 3DS the yellow lights which are usually only flashing if you are currently playing online also flash there. It's really draining my battery and reduces it a lot. I know you could always turn your connection off in the settings but that's just impractical and should be unnecessary. Is there a way to fix flashing wifi lights on a closed 3DS?
AFAIK the Wi-Fi LED has always been active if Wi-Fi is enabled, regardless of whether or not it's actively in use by a game.

Gekkouga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Doesn't it stay on when it's enabled and blink when it's being used

I have a second vanilla 3DS, i know the lights stay on. However, in standby mode they don't blink like those on my modded 3DS. Back on ReiNand i didn't have this problem so i figured it must be Luma3DS.

Reactions: Seriel

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a second vanilla 3DS, i know the lights stay on. However, in standby mode they don't blink like those on my modded 3DS. Back on ReiNand i didn't have this problem so i figured it must be Luma3DS.

You probably have Streepass disabled on your Vanilla 3DS.
Disable it in your modded 3DS and see if that's still blinking. I highly doubt that it's related to Luma.

Reactions: Zidapi and XRaTiX

Gekkouga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You probably have Streepass disabled on your Vanilla 3DS.
Disable it in your modded 3DS and see if that's still blinking. I highly doubt that it's related to Luma.

Will try, might be it. Would be a lil bit weird though because i didn't change anything or installed any new games after going from ReiNand to Luma3DS.

SahierKHLover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are the RO patches in version 6.6 because I randomized pokemon x and rebuilt it as a cia and installed and the ro patches are not working due to the fact that it keeps crashing. I have an old 3ds firmware 11.2 luma3ds+a9lh

leo97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey

I updated my emunand to 11.3.0-36E and now menuhax just freezes at the whitescreen where it says ''luma3ds booting in 3(2, 1)''. Now if I select that I want to launch Homebrew I end up in my actual system where i had all my cia's installed. I looked up the version and it doesnt say emu (like it should I guess?). So yeah I don't really know what's going on but I'm happy my sysnand is still on 9.2 and that I can still access my games but I want to clear all the data from my 3ds and reinstall luma3ds in hope to fix it. How do I backup my 3ds games properly? Or maybe someone knows a fix to the problem itself?

Hope someone can help me I'm pretty new to this cfw thing and just followed the guide step by step ^^ btw before updating to 11.3 all was working fine i autobooted into menuhax and then into luma3ds without any problems

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey

I updated my emunand to 11.3.0-36E and now menuhax just freezes at the whitescreen where it says ''luma3ds booting in 3(2, 1)''. Now if I select that I want to launch Homebrew I end up in my actual system where i had all my cia's installed. I looked up the version and it doesnt say emu (like it should I guess?). So yeah I don't really know what's going on but I'm happy my sysnand is still on 9.2 and that I can still access my games but I want to clear all the data from my 3ds and reinstall luma3ds in hope to fix it. How do I backup my 3ds games properly? Or maybe someone knows a fix to the problem itself?

Hope someone can help me I'm pretty new to this cfw thing and just followed the guide step by step ^^ btw before updating to 11.3 all was working fine i autobooted into menuhax and then into luma3ds without any problems

Menuhax is gone and HBL needs payload updates. The only thing that survived this update was having a9lh and a recent Luma version. I'm a little confised from your description if you even have a9lh. If you didn't have a9lh installed you're out of luck.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Menuhax is gone and HBL needs payload updates. The only thing that survived this update was having a9lh and a recent Luma version. I'm a little confised from your description if you even have a9lh. If you didn't have a9lh installed you're out of luck.

Bullshit! Menuhax is on 9.2! It works as soon as he updates his luma.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey

When you really have menuhax you also have 9.2.
Then you did NOT follow the guide recently since it is an ancient method you are using. If your are not lying here, just update your Luma and everything works as before.

leo97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok so I said I'm pretty new to this but I installed Luma3DS in August or September 2016 I just didn't look further into the topic after the guide from back then and thats why I don't know much about cfw. So yeah the guide I used is probably outdated, that's why I'd like to set it up all from the start. I saw a reference to Plailect is that a good guide to follow? I don't think I have a9lh at least I don't think I've ever heard of it or installed it.

And I tried to update Luma I had version 5.5 and now it says I'm on 6 but I don't know if I dragged all the right files. I followed the tut on the Luma3ds github and dragged arm9loaderhax.bin to the root of my sd. Then the 3ds in the hax folder to my root (it says I have to do this if I have menuhax). After that I copied the boot.3dsx to my root, too and that's it. Did I miss anything maybe?

I'll probably try to set it up again after clearing all data from my sd and then follow the most recent guide (which probably is the one from Plailect?). I know how to backup my games the thing I don't know is how to restore them afterwards when I set up the new system.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably try to set it up again after clearing all data from my sd and then follow the most recent guide (which probably is the one from Plailect?). I know how to backup my games the thing I don't know is how to restore them afterwards when I set up the new system.
Yes, follow the guide from Plailect. If you follow the guide step by step, you will backup your NAND, flash your system to 2.1.0, install a9hl & luma, restore your original NAND, and then update your system to the latest firmware (which is safe if you have a9hl and your running luma). So all of the cias and save data from your sysNAND will be restored by the time you're done.

leo97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, follow the guide from Plailect. If you follow the guide step by step, you will backup your NAND, flash your system to 2.1.0, install a9hl & luma, restore your original NAND, and then update your system to the latest firmware (which is safe if you have a9hl and your running luma). So all of the cias and save data from your sysNAND will be restored by the time you're done.
So I don't even have to format my sd card before following the guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ defibeep: any mods available to help, I can't post a new thread about my switch issue