Status
Not open for further replies.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!
But where can i get those nightlies builds? I don't see link on official Luma page. I heard nightlies buids can be unstable ones,is it safe to update into those?

Cool seems that better to update to V3 then,is SDcard-less function is the only difference from version two?

https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/

With a9lh v3, you can launch an arm9loaderhax.bin that is on CTRNAND (can be placed there with FBI or GodMode9). But i think that is the only difference between v2 and v3

leo97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got it working now guys I did the last steps too as you recommended and got my games on the sysnand now without menuhax or something like that thank you very much for the help! :)

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys, I'm planing to update to 11.3 with cfw already installed, I have Luma 0b16d88 (dev) , do I need to update to the last nightly build through lumaupdater or do I use normal version no nightly?

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys;

Just updated 11.2 to 11.3.0-36U using Shadownand/MashersNandLock A9LH + Luma 6.6 nightly;
Luma-92ec2af5.zip
92ec2af5 2017-02-09

All went well and is working great but my official R4i RTS Gold www.r4ids.cn no longer works, boots to a black screen.

Anyone have any ideas how to get it working again?

Update; this seems to only happen if loading luma from ctrnand, if loading from SDCARD then DS cart loads fine. In the past Luma from CTRNAND did load DSCARTS as well so I guess this is just a bug?

Anyways, thank you Aurora, very happy:)

Last edited by democracy,
Reactions: Februarysn0w

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys;

Just updated 11.2 to 11.3.0-36U using Shadownand/MashersNandLock A9LH + Luma 6.6 nightly;
Luma-92ec2af5.zip
92ec2af5 2017-02-09

All went well and is working great but my official R4i RTS Gold www.r4ids.cn no longer works, boots to a black screen.

Anyone have any ideas how to get it working again?

Update; this seems to only happen if loading luma from ctrnand, if loading from SDCARD then DS cart loads fine. In the past Luma from CTRNAND did load DSCARTS as well so I guess this is just a bug?

Anyways, thank you Aurora, very happy:)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think is because the updater only "touch" the payload on the SDcard, maybe we will need to update the payload on the ctrnand as well.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% sure, but I think is because the updater only "touch" the payload on the SDcard, maybe we will need to update the payload on the ctrnand as well.

Perhaps. I should add that I did manually downloaded the update and pushed it myself to ctrnand with fbi

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps. I should add that I did manually downloaded the update and pushed it myself to ctrnand with fbi
If loading from ctrnand using 3dsafe you also need the, I can't remember the name for it I'll check in a bit, but the redirect text file.

Edit: custom path text file.

Last edited by lonewolf08,
Reactions: democracy

PtePartz

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, first post here :)

I'm a new 3DSXL owner, have never owned one before. I installed homebrew launcher before the 11.3.0 update and I see that the new payload has been released. Never having modded it further than homebrew, I was wondering what the steps were to install Luma? I can't find a clear tutorial. I have read https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade and am a little bit confused. Do I leave my directory structure as is? Is homebrew still needed to install Luma? Do I still install the new payload via otherapp.bin? If anyone can gently point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it, cheers :)

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys, first post here :)

I'm a new 3DSXL owner, have never owned one before. I installed homebrew launcher before the 11.3.0 update and I see that the new payload has been released. Never having modded it further than homebrew, I was wondering what the steps were to install Luma? I can't find a clear tutorial. I have read https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-upgrade and am a little bit confused. Do I leave my directory structure as is? Is homebrew still needed to install Luma? Do I still install the new payload via otherapp.bin? If anyone can gently point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it, cheers :)
http://3ds.guide thats the only Guide you should follow. But it only works up to 11.2 so if you have 11.3 you have to wait for a new hacking exploit.

Last edited by noX1609,
Reactions: PtePartz

PtePartz

Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh okay, thanks very much for clarifying that! So even with the new payload and homebrew working again, the other steps in the guide are using outdated installations and need to be updated also?

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ahh okay, thanks very much for clarifying that! So even with the new payload and homebrew working again, the other steps in the guide are using outdated installations and need to be updated also?
Yes but a simple update will not work because Nintendo patched the exploits that were used for the downgrade.
So if you are below 11.3 you can do the guide and get a9lh.
But if you are on 11.3 you have to wait until a new arm11 and arm9 exploit will be released.

Reactions: PtePartz

SahierKHLover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are the RO patches in version 6.6 because I randomized pokemon x and rebuilt it as a cia and installed and the ro patches are not working due to the fact that it keeps crashing. I have an old 3ds firmware 11.2 luma3ds+a9lh

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've noticed that it's impossible to boot into Recovery Mode on emuNAND using Luma3DS.

I'm currently using O3DS that I haven't yet installed A9LH on it. The N3DS that I have actually has A9LH, but I haven't tested booting Recovery Mode while in emuNAND, but have tested it in sysNAND and it works.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys just wanted to make sure it was safe to update my 3ds's
I have a old3dsxl that has a modefied secure info A, a blank nnid save, and a modefied local friend code seed B, and was wondering if it was safe to update with those modefied files.(I have a9lhv2 and latest luma stable (6.6))
I also have a new 3dsxl that dosent have those modefied files (It has a9lhv3 and luma stable (6.6)) and my last question was should I update to luma nightly before updating or stay on stable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth