Not open for further replies.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was trying to find more information on everything that Luma can do but the wiki doesnt work.
Yeah, as you can probably see from the previous pages, Aurora's account got hacked so the wiki is down.

This is all from memory, but:
  • is compatible with a9lh
  • supports signature patches for unsigned CIA files (games, homebrew, etc.).
  • chainloader to boot other a9lh payloads
  • supports PIN protection for your 3ds
  • n3ds only: Force all games to use n3ds clock speed
There's some other things I'm certainly forgetting, it's been months since I've been involved in the 3ds scene.

However, Luma is the most fully featured CFW for the 3ds.

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, as you can probably see from the previous pages, Aurora's account got hacked so the wiki is down.

There's some other things I'm certainly forgetting, it's been months since I've been involved in the 3ds scene.

Yeah i noticed :/ Thank you! I recently installed Luma3DS as part of the a9lh guide but havent looked into everything it can do since. Anywhere I should go to learn more, I saw something called splash screen and it looked fun, and noticed I dont know much about what I have on my system.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: jack_okami

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Does the a9hl install guide have enough info for the cfw or maybe that should also be added?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does mention what you can do, I just never actually looked into how that is done. Get me?
I suppose, guess what something can do is different than how is doing what it does. Basically is like PSP CFW, you can install unsigned software (Like homebrew) As well as any other cia file without restrictions. It allows for region free games, so no longer are you limited to USA ONLY region games for the system but any game you can get your hands on like JAP or EUR (Incase of those rare exclusives.) If you have 3ds you can increase clock rate of processor to always use the new processing power that usually is limited to some games, although it still may not work for every game but with more than usual. You can also create some rom injections to play as virtual consoles, like maybe rom hacks or just games that aren't on eshop Like Metroid Zero mission, Rock man 4 minus infinity, you can also install rom hacks for 3DS games as well. Is some pretty amazing stuff you can do with it. As long as you have it set up, you are good, there is some other guides around here that may help with those features i mentioned so you can take a look around here. Or wait until the github page is restored. :)

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose, guess what something can do is different than how is doing what it does. Basically is like PSP CFW, you can install unsigned software (Like homebrew) As well as any other cia file without restrictions. It allows for region free games, so no longer are you limited to USA ONLY region games for the system but any game you can get your hands on like JAP or EUR (Incase of those rare exclusives.) If you have 3ds you can increase clock rate of processor to always use the new processing power that usually is limited to some games, although it still may not work for every game but with more than usual. You can also create some rom injections to play as virtual consoles, like maybe rom hacks or just games that aren't on eshop Like Metroid Zero mission, Rock man 4 minus infinity, you can also install rom hacks for 3DS games as well. Is some pretty amazing stuff you can do with it. As long as you have it set up, you are good, there is some other guides around here that may help with those features i mentioned so you can take a look around here. Or wait until the github page is restored. :)
Wow thank you ^^ I'll look around for more things in the mean time. It definitely has more stuff then what I thought [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

Github services have been contacted about the breach, as far as I know, the whole matter is pending investigaton.
Aurora Wright has reached out to us and is obviously aware of the breach as well.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2

iQEcBAEBCAAGBQJYd9sUAAoJEKa4nBz3AlIIjWgH/0/vy6haQwAznUsbCM9y7VC+
41v1ujOyGC11k5/05vDk7dfFt0e6Ob7MoVh2zV58HQpjusd1ojUNUaLQPiGCmXH9
wmblqerrag4I/seECI2MdXGDVsVw6GCcIHqHzpXqKkUVpEZnquSnoGx4HNQZy5yM
tqyZOZvgETyGH2Bf/aqW7k1s7jQsNWtmtreXfCzuDXQhXA5L9VQZZ3vHsKEeMmM2
9f4WhA8S6L6a/LFpcHZjQgt7rjQdpscOHLYwigWyYKuUNUcH5WzOqXLnZM/Dg//6
ZckxvY0KPMP/5BnSciIzzr6rm5gFnA5MEs4MawXDXglOijXde7FPDvcmzVjuliM=
=XnEH
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be the first time I've ever seen someone post a PGP-signed message on GBAtemp, though apparently you've always done that. :V

Somewhat relevant: When making a release on GitHub, it's a good idea to create a signed tag using a PGP private key locally, then push the signed tag. If you have the corresponding PGP public key set up on GitHub, it will show the release as "Verified". As an example: https://github.com/GerbilSoft/rom-properties/releases/tag/v0.8.1 Clicking the "Verified" tag will show the 64-bit key ID.

Note that GitHub doesn't seem to support signing for artifacts uploaded as part of the release; it's just for the source code.

Reactions: aliak11

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
This might be the first time I've ever seen someone post a PGP-signed message on GBAtemp, though apparently you've always done that. :V

Somewhat relevant: When making a release on GitHub, it's a good idea to create a signed tag using a PGP private key locally, then push the signed tag. If you have the corresponding PGP public key set up on GitHub, it will show the release as "Verified". As an example: https://github.com/GerbilSoft/rom-properties/releases/tag/v0.8.1 Clicking the "Verified" tag will show the 64-bit key ID.

Note that GitHub doesn't seem to support signing for artifacts uploaded as part of the release; it's just for the source code.

I am well aware of that, unfortunately I am not the one maintaining the Luma3DS repository.
I will forward your comment to Aurora and see what she thinks about it.

iQEcBAEBCAAGBQJYd99dAAoJEKa4nBz3AlII0cYH/0GGB8K9JaYpGwgToZxMR+in
1GgWZ+3NFK8iEhTAgzr1tj1/6dcNSL2wU5AjxJna7/UozUZi4Hp9QArazUM7jBTt
ZoLru3+cPBAhO+I9s9qyoT9/BOfhKIbU53fAc4AgAiPzZZL1HYu+JxV2kTYmSHTf
D0F9bX33Np9SMlPnszLhXG/ljcpscraHe95o1q5g90cmG+GeWSrQjFXdaTqjbEZ3
a+JRJHv93u9C/nUVZp5Dhk53ralqG0f0B1tILXKde65jNKJHo4gmeqmYv9muINSd
ZE02NAX+FIP/O7gaIMFm3DQN14NrhJd/Z7DTwmRdwS7i45vk9xnqsgTSXj9sUSQ=
=03/j

pietempgba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i noticed :/ Thank you! I recently installed Luma3DS as part of the a9lh guide but havent looked into everything it can do since. Anywhere I should go to learn more, I saw something called splash screen and it looked fun, and noticed I dont know much about what I have on my system.
there's also bootanim9 for animations you need the non screen init version of arm9loaderhax

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am well aware of that, unfortunately I am not the one maintaining the Luma3DS repository.
I will forward your comment to Aurora and see what she thinks about it.

iQEcBAEBCAAGBQJYd99dAAoJEKa4nBz3AlII0cYH/0GGB8K9JaYpGwgToZxMR+in
1GgWZ+3NFK8iEhTAgzr1tj1/6dcNSL2wU5AjxJna7/UozUZi4Hp9QArazUM7jBTt
ZoLru3+cPBAhO+I9s9qyoT9/BOfhKIbU53fAc4AgAiPzZZL1HYu+JxV2kTYmSHTf
D0F9bX33Np9SMlPnszLhXG/ljcpscraHe95o1q5g90cmG+GeWSrQjFXdaTqjbEZ3
a+JRJHv93u9C/nUVZp5Dhk53ralqG0f0B1tILXKde65jNKJHo4gmeqmYv9muINSd
ZE02NAX+FIP/O7gaIMFm3DQN14NrhJd/Z7DTwmRdwS7i45vk9xnqsgTSXj9sUSQ=
=03/j
how do you pgp sign a message?

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
there's also bootanim9 for animations you need the non screen init version of arm9loaderhax

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how do you pgp sign a message?

You setup GnuPG along with your keyring, type the message you want to sign into a text file
finally, use the "gpg --clearsign textfile.txt" command
Alternatively you can use tools like GPA or Kleopatra (both work with GPG) to generate a signature from clipboard
from an android smartphone, Openkeychain will do that for you.

iQEcBAEBCAAGBQJYd+R1AAoJEKa4nBz3AlIIHfgIAJfgVOnws+/0JTyiexqoEzBD
Qyw46L5El31R8aycPRCVZtsUWHkNbSgBTbZykvbYMEdpQ/eC2W4XduMPYPWdo4gt
kzsJSe/c3fT2P+z6YZj47CSvE91B6P+VFbYfldNH36SmhzwuhWaCHoHL3QS0YEE1
ZSzLrPF50/vz4lLN30h6Ymt/OVTi3IEXPGjo+msFLEG7oxvk/hlpZh3fV6b9Vbr/
lzaDmtlYjknQIEMG6p2XflEyfOKRUdpNQS4HoaS0tcJbqvKT5r2pT/yHu3aTCqXn
3M3BnBTik5Mzn6DnEr0Krxm8iBWeiY+nw0gBbz8nzeIgiNsT1Wo8VGOCCZhBGVk=
=Ysx5

Last edited by mathieulh,

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
Is there any web only version for it?

I know of keybase.io but I'd personally not store a copy of my private key online so I can't use it for that purpose,
not to mention I am using a Secure Access Module so I need software like scdaemon to interact with that.

iQEcBAEBCAAGBQJYd+niAAoJEKa4nBz3AlIIcYEH/00j6iFzBIwy0+yzCZ6fLOdc
jLi4ed8xTSEOdmyYKtc1Jntv0trlefpo8S+RLCAFfKB93QF9M6G2+SCxMaBjZCYN
u8f5lLuwtkkKWnf5RYwAb2Mp6kma4o3fZxsjeikCkNjDru6FinX+4xc6Fmy4L6kf
uDxHYd8KPWatGIJjtMbPeip9rWbFx5+b1nly+oQw9GEEHeY5v6TwrmulUmUX1A3Q
GENmQqvabgJ/ODnqixqoC5TYd3RiaT5sPW1bFwzWMkZIS00q95Ic869I/p0XS6DP
l1VVwt10ByTrLVxkYG11Wt2fZ4GSTgVg0Rj8LVRtL5fL3tUxzIZRt5XehxF7IIc=
=kFTj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://twitter.com/TakiUdon_/status/1784139240328310955?cxt=HBwW1sLVmfbLxMIxAAAA&cn=ZmxleGlibGVf...