Status
Not open for further replies.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For sure. I will just stick with the sysnand/emunand combo and see if it can be resolved. It's still great progress.
To be fair, if there's two payloads that effectively let you choose whether to init screen (presumably by name) then that'd do the trick. (as Aurora mentioned earlier)
Decrypt9 won't exactly go directly booting a CFW.

Reactions: Audioboxer

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To be fair, if there's two payloads that effectively let you choose whether to init screen (presumably by name) then that'd do the trick. (as Aurora mentioned earlier)
Decrypt9 won't exactly go directly booting a CFW.
On top of that, a Decrypt9 which can't do any task which involves decryption and/or reencryption is kind of useless. Screen init isn't enough for D9...

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On top of that, a Decrypt9 which can't do any task which involves decryption and reencryption is kind of useless. Screen init isn't enough for D9...
Saw that one too, though they might've had an idea about that.
Either way, things are still clearly "in progress" so we'll see how it's going when it settles.

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this doesnt really need screen init. the boot options are button presses and there is no menu. youd be abe to get the optional spash screen, but who wants an extra unneeded splash?

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
this doesnt really need screen init. the boot options are button presses and there is no menu. youd be abe to get the optional spash screen, but who wants an extra unneeded splash?
But if you want to launch an homebrew app in coldboot you can't

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure screen init is required to run D9 before the cfw boots up, which is what most want.

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then d9 can do init. last i saw screen init was done in a custom cakes payload, after a9lh loaded it

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, as I have a 9.2 NAND ready to flash to emuNAND, having an a9lh D9 with no encryption/decryption (and I use it mostly to decrypt and encrypt things) I think I won't be updating A9LH either, if there won't be a way to load a payload without screen init.
If it's just a case of changing payloads then that's not too bad, but if it means re-installing a9loaderhax then that's a bit of a bugger.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well if reinand mod isn't gonna work with screen init but rei gets their official reinand to work on o3ds and screen init to work I can see people switching to that from this :/
It will work just fine probably (the screen init is going to be merged into A9LH itself), but bye bye 3D on N3DS.

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if reinand mod isn't gonna work with screen init but rei gets their official reinand to work on o3ds and screen init to work I can see people switching to that from this :/
Well, it's not that screen init won't work with this mod (I'm pretty sure Aurora can get it to work). It's just that there's no huge point in using it right now. It'll "break" the 3D for the n3DS again and Decrypt9 won't be able to decrypt/encrypt.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, it's not that screen init won't work with this mod (I'm pretty sure Aurora can get it to work). It's just that there's no huge point in using it right now. It'll "break" the 3D for the n3DS again and Decrypt9 won't be able to decrypt/encrypt.
It will probably work as-is. However screen init very probably breaks the A9LH detection, so with screen init I'll just probably need to add a flag to enable the FIRM0/1 patch (I can see the bricks incoming already, with people who won't enable the flag XD).
However, I think that being able to see the splash screen VS having broken 3D on N3DS is not a good trade-off. Broken 3D even makes shutdown very slow until you fix it, it's really annoying to me.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will probably work as-is. However screen init very probably breaks the A9LH detection, so with screen init I'll just probably need to add a flag to enable the FIRM0/1 patch (I can see the bricks incoming already, with people who won't enable the flag XD).
However, I think that being able to see the splash screen VS having broken 3D on N3DS is not a good trade-off. Broken 3D even makes shutdown very slow until you fix it, it's really annoying to me.
Ah, so people shouldn't update A9LH for now.

Anyways, why would people want a splash screen now? I understand when we used menuhax, but wouldn't this increase boot times? (It would also make it look less clean now.)

Reactions: Audioboxer

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um, don't we have /rei/installeda9lh? I have that set just because, for safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: amazon seems decent enough