punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Because if you brick your sys/emuNAND (where Menuhax is installed), then it will not be able to load.
He has arm9loaderhax. So the way he has it is he's using 10.6 sysNAND with the updatedsysnand flag. So on a regular boot it boots sysNAND with 10.4 firm, holding L will boot his emuNAND 9.0 firm which the L will also trigger menuhax with a picture that says recovery and load the .3dsx of Decrypt9 :P

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
He has arm9loaderhax. So the way he has it is he's using 10.6 sysNAND with the updatedsysnand flag. So on a regular boot it boots sysNAND with 10.4 firm, holding L will boot his emuNAND 9.0 firm which the L will also trigger menuhax with a picture that says recovery and load the .3dsx of Decrypt9 :P

Oh, then it's just used as a more convenient way. I was thinking that he thinked that MenuHax was triggered directly from A9LH and maked brick-proof...
My bad.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The idea is pretty great, however it will not be helpful in case of brick, since MenuHax will not be able to load.
Of course will be helpful because the menuhax is installed on an unliked emunand, so I doesn't nothing to do with sysnand .) however, this is only a temporal solution while we got a funtional version of Decrypt9 for A9LH.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
For now i'm damned happy with my setup :)

O3DSXL Hardmodded
A9LH - AuReiNand - Sysnand 10.6 autoboot
AuReiNand - Emunand 9.2 (Firmware90.bin by holding "L" - Normal Firmware.bin by holding "R" at boot)
FBI/DevMenu/HBLauncher installed as CIA and when booting HBL i can run Decrypt9 and make sys/emunand backups/restore :)
Nand's are unlinked (Streetpass theme on sysnand and Chibi Robo Zip Lash theme on emunand)

Took me some time to figure out how to get emunand 10.5 downgraded after i formatted it with tinyformat and lost any cia installer on it, but it was worth every effort :)
(You know doing all this downgrade/upgrade/install stuff with the 3DS is actually more fun then playing games on it :P)

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last edited by Aurora Wright,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So for people who will wish to use this with a LCD init enabled A9LH, I just found an alternate way to detect A9LH that isn't affected by LCD init. https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuR...a15c92a#diff-e4db586b2dcfc7f018b495bf57588e3c
My body is ready :P (I still won't update my N3DS though, 3D bug pisses me off).
Same here, I'll mess about with it on my O3DS but my N3DS is staying put with working 3D (plus I kinda like the screen staying off till firm launch anyway).

Reactions: peteruk

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Where can I get the LCD init version for arm9loaderhax
It doesn't exist yet. This is merely code to make AuRei capable of detecting a screen-init-enabled A9LH with no user-set flags (I anticipated a nice brick party if people had to create a file manually before updating sysNAND).

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

jackb994

Self-Proclaimed Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't exist. This is merely code to make AuRei capable of detecting a screen-init-enabled A9LH with no user-set flags (I anticipated a nice brick party if people had to create a file manually before updating sysNAND).
Ahh okay I was scouting the Arm9Loader Thread lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy