Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go tell that to my 3DS because it happened.

I can't believe that you ran a DSi game and THAT is what updated you. From just plain looking at things from the realm of all worldly possibilities, a DSi game does not contain the necessary code to update your 3DS. It just doesn't. Maybe something else happened, but that honestly could not have been it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DSiware cannot update your console (without some hacky method), you messed with something else. Case and point.
Alright, I had this working and it wasn't until I launched that game when something happened. I was having issues before launching DSiware games (to be correct shantae risky's revenge, which I bought a long ass time ago,) until that point.
Did you restore a full emuNAND backup to sysNAND by any chance?
I did.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alright, I had this working and it wasn't until I launched that game when something happened. I was having issues before launching DSiware games (to be correct shantae risky's revenge, which I bought a long ass time ago,) until that point.

I did.
You overwrote FIRM0 and FIRM1, and thus A9LH. You have to ONLY replace CTRNAND, TWLN, TWLP and AGBSAVE, NOT FIRM0 and FIRM1 (and they're all included in a NAND backup).

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I see on Step 4 it says to dump and reinject the partitions separately. I guess you misread or got misinformation somewhere else.
I'll take the latter.
Either way, it still appears that I am fucked.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're on 10.5 sysNAND now? I've downgraded my 3DS from 10.5. I could downgrade yours too, or maybe you could hardmod it yourself.
I lack the tools and skill to hard mod my system. The only thing I can do send it out or find someone locally who knows what they are doing, which seems unlikely.

JacksonS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lack the tools and skill to hard mod my system. The only thing I can do send it out or find someone locally who knows what they are doing, which seems unlikely.
That's what I was referring to, sending it to me. I would just solder a temporary hardmod and then close back your system without a visible trace.

DigitalJosee

Go your clever boy, and remember me!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Since 10.6 doesn't break emuNAND, and AuRei patch firm updating, upgrading to 10.6 in sys should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y