Status
Not open for further replies.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
well that's weird, I guess it only block the FIRM files from being updated through system settings.
Either way, my 3DS is being put into storage until I can downgrade it. It was nice well it lasted.

Audioboxer

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what happened or how this happened, but when I launched a DSi Game, it somehow updated my sysNAND and removed the A9HL and now my CFW no longer works. Unless I can get a hardmod, I am officially done with my 3DS.

Whaaaat? What FW were you running on sysnand prior to running the DSi game? Please don't say 10.5 as that is scary shit if so.

Sorry about what happened.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Whaaaat? What FW were you running on sysnand prior to running the DSi game? Please don't say 10.5 as that is scary shit if so.

Sorry about what happened.
It was a clone of my emuNAND, which was sadly on 10.5. Meaning my 3DS is fucked without a hardmod.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
now that's weird that DSI games can indirectly update your sysnand through emunand :/
I was running it on my sysNAND, I swapped my emuNAND to my sysNAND. CIA 3DS games worked, homebrew CIA's worked, ect. Just launching one DSiWare game and closing it, caused me to lose my theme (it was pirated) and suddenly A9LH was removed and it was back to stock. All of my icons are still there though.
If it was on 10.5 what on earth was it updating?!
I don't know.

Svaethier

Trophies
Website
s6.zetaboards.com
XP
Country
United States
I was running it on my sysNAND, I swapped my emuNAND to my sysNAND. CIA 3DS games worked, homebrew CIA's worked, ect. Just launching one DSiWare game and closing it, caused me to lose my theme (it was pirated) and suddenly A9LH was removed and it was back to stock. All of my icons are still there though.

I don't know.
ok try launching homebrew launcher, if that works then try reinstalling a9lh as this could just be a scare is all ;)

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ok try launching homebrew launcher, if that works then try reinstalling a9lh as this could just be a scare is all ;)
I just thought of that and I am doing that now actually.

Sir BLaDE

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a different problem with DS/DSi games in sysnand 10.5 O3DS XL shows black screen error, in emunand 9.2 with firmware.bin sames, but with firmware90 works.
I tried pushing A and creating reversereboot flag, nothing works.

Edit: in A9LH

Last edited by Sir BLaDE,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i'm starting to think that may A9LH has some issues with DSIware atm
I think this might be a pretty big problem actually and I am kind of sad this wasn't tested first. I know it sounds kind of like I am pouting (I kind of am,) but you would think something simple like this would have been tested and documented somewhere.
I guess I was the test subject here. :unsure:

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Red screen flashes by and nothing happens. This is actually really scary.
The moral of the story here, be careful when fucking around with the sysNAND. Honestly, it's not worth it when it comes with a risk like this.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: the 2nd pic dun show much, just topdown view of the layout