Luigi's Mansion remake announced for 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Chary, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Ryuzaki_MrL

Ryuzaki_MrL Green Thunder

Jun 23, 2015
    Brazil
    imho it makes sense for it to be on the 3DS, since most Luigi's Mansion fans have the console because of Dark Moon.
    They can still release a new installment on the Switch at a later time, when more 3DS users make the switch.

2. ToonGoomba

ToonGoomba Sarcastic Super Star

Oct 20, 2017
    United States
    North Carolina
    quietly waits for cia release

grubgrub likes this.
  3. Haider Raza

Haider Raza Alhumdulillah

GBAtemp Patron
    Haider Raza is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 30, 2016
    Pakistan
    This wasn't expected!! Hearing about this made my day. :)

4. EDMIRE

EDMIRE Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2018
    United States
    but why not emulate the gamecube version of the game and have better performance and accuracy

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

gives 3ds owners a reason to keep playing. sure, i would have liked these games on the switch, but nintendo still sees profit in the 3ds and will continue to make people have a reason to play on it.

5. daniel26150

daniel26150 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    Mexico
    Please stop asking you switch people want everything on that console the 3DS is alive let them be

6. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I never said that they should stop making 3DS games, its just my opinion man.

I could say "Please stop replying if the opinion doesn't suit you." But I wont.

7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    they could double dip really i mean fire emblem heroes and toad are getting dual releases why not the rest too?

KiiWii likes this.
  8. Darkyose

Darkyose Mysterious

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Home Alone Somewhere.
    I wonder if in the 3ds will be the same. Looking forward to that.

9. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    I'd rather switch, but this is okay I guess. Looking forward to making it HD in Citra, whenever support is added. I much prefer this game to the sequel.

SomeRandomWeeb likes this.
  10. m_babble

m_babble Elder Phantom

Dec 12, 2004
    United States
    Cool! I never got to play this on Gamecube.

11. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    I liked the aesthetic of the original, but I wouldn't really care too much. Maybe I'd play it again?
    Did anyone consider the touch screen could be used for reeling in ghosts? like maybe holding the L button to suck so your right hand is free? (Except left handed people)
    Also, please tell me no one has ran in here asking "MAYBE WE CAN INJECT GAMECUBE ROMS INTO THIS"

12. SoslanVanWieren

SoslanVanWieren Banned

Banned
    Feb 6, 2017
    Australia
    you can't have every thing on the switch alot of switch owners what every thing on it and thin nintendos stupid when they put games on the 3ds the 3ds is selling and its different to the switch its lighter an will fit in most pockets unlike the switch and its still making a ton of money it would be stupid of nintendo to get rid of it now.

13. Robfozz

Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

Apr 19, 2014
    United States
    Onett
    This ruined my day. I'm still mad.

14. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    It looks, okay.

I played through the Gamecube version like 8 years ago, and had a blast. I was kinda let down by the game's length. Luigi's Mansion 2 was the first 3DS game I ahem, "purchased legally" and beat. I liked how long the game was, but it didn't have the same charm or feeling of the first game, if that makes sense. :(

I wish they'd make a 3rd one with the charm and feeling of the first game, but a bit longer. Also, I love when the game gets a bit more survival horrorish, like when the power goes out in the first game, that part was fun! :D

Garblant likes this.
  15. mike a

mike a GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Why would you get rid of your 3ds WTF especially if you have cfw

16. Garblant

Garblant GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 1, 2016
    United States
    Alola
    It would be cool if the 3rd game mixed the ideas of the first and second game. A single large mansion full of a few different themes, tons of ghost to capture and a story to unravel. Also having little missions to complete without it being too solid (For example, what if every once in a while a random event could occur in a part of the mansion. E.Gadd could alert Luigi to it, but it wouldn't be necessary to "complete" the game). Also, for the story they could flip things around a bit, like this time luigi gets captured, and E.Gadd helps him find a way out, while learning more about the place and getting tons of cold hard cash.

17. SLiV3R

SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Jan 9, 2006
    This is cool!

18. chirogan

chirogan The Engineer

Feb 28, 2018
    Philippines
    Why is everyone so hating a remake on the 3ds?

Clearly nintendo announced that they are supporting 3ds and it is a game they remade for the 3ds. Being able to play it on the current generation is a good thing.

The software sales on the 3ds is on par (sometimes even higher. Reference: Dengeki Sales, Week 8 of 2018) with the switch. There is clearly a demand on these games and nintendo will not abandon a console with crazy high sales. And people will buy it. Please dont hate the 3ds community because they get games. Switch owners will even get AAA titles soon so its not a matter of debate. They might even get luigi's mansion 3 if the remake sells well and is a success. I dont doubt that. Open mindedness is the key.

The graphics seems decent to me. It is decent for a 4-inch screen. The gamecube is meant to be played in a 20" television. I dont see a point where a 4inch handheld console to have a 4k resolution just for people to be satisfied. If you want, you could emulate a 3ds game on your PC, run it at 4k, sit on the couch and hook up a controller. *whispers* the emulator now supports GPU compatibility. Runs 4k at 60fps+ *whispers*

A game is a game. And if this sells well. Expect more for the 3ds.

Last edited by chirogan, Mar 11, 2018
    Garblant likes this.
  19. chirogan

chirogan The Engineer

Feb 28, 2018
    Philippines
    Well. Its because switch people say that to every good 3ds game title.

20. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I seem to remember beating the original - good times!

Eddypikachu and KiiWii like this.