Luigi's Mansion remake announced for 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Chary, Mar 8, 2018.

1. THYPLEX

THYPLEX GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 20, 2017
    Italy
    Rome
    I need a new Wario Land Just like the Wii One :'(

Eddypikachu likes this.
  2. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Yes

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    You mean Luigi's Mansion 2, which is already on the 3DS?

azoreseuropa likes this.
  3. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    No, another sequel. Seems strange to release the original game for the same system that the sequel was released for, AFTER the sequel's release. Hopefully there'll be a Luigi's Mansion 3 or something of the sort for the 3DS or Switch.

4. Ampersound

Ampersound Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2018
    Germany
    From what i've heard Luigis Mansion 2 features a level based gameplay style, which tends to work really well on handheld devices since you can just stop playing anytime and know pretty much where you left off.
    Maybe that game sold well enough that it is reasonable for Nintendo to port the first title, they already have a fanbase on this system.
    Also porting titles is much less work than developing entirely new ones, they most likely don't have the ressources right now to work on a fresh Luigis Mansion game. Or Nintendo thinks it's not the right time for it, *shrugs*

5. Payoshi

Payoshi Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2018
    Czech Republic
    I can't wait for this game!
    And though it propably wont be possible on 3DS, I would love Sunshine to be remade too.

6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    you would think so but not, the levels are usualy lenghtly and you cant save until you finished them, on gc you can save at any time just go to the nearest toad and save lol.

Shadowfied and Garblant like this.
  7. AdamFX990

AdamFX990 Confused Humanoid

Jan 22, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Santraginus V
    Most people who want to play this game probably already have either on proper hardware or on an emulator. The game isn't old enough to where its going to attract a big new wave of players. Most of the people who are going to buy this are people who have already played it.

I could be entirely wrong, but it seems like they're just going to re-release a game people already have access to and charge the price of a full-fledged new game.

I sound really cynical, don't I? :/

8. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    well 3ds is on its last year probably since all 3ds games were ports/remakes on the direct and there isnt any new 1st party game announced for 3ds, so yeah let it die a grateful death it did what it was meant to do and did it well, i got the gc disc and i might buy this used for under 20 euros someday, or if they make afew more games on nintendo selects lines.

Last edited by pedro702, Mar 13, 2018
  9. Shadowfied

Shadowfied GBAtemp Addict

Dec 6, 2014
    Yeah. You do. Also, considering we are getting remakes of games that are 5 years old, I'm gonna go ahead and say that 17 years is well long enough for a remake.
    Can you actually believe that Luigi's Mansion is 2001? It looks so fucking good. Man..Gamecube <3

10. daniel26150

daniel26150 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    Mexico
    I would say the same to you and the switch is getting hacked so it means more free games I won't buy anything from Nintendo anymore

11. Fates-Blade-900
    This message by Fates-Blade-900 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Apr 16, 2018.
    Apr 14, 2018
  12. Lord M

Lord M GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 31, 2014
    Italy
    I would prefer much more a remake/port of Super Mario Strikers (aka Mario Smash Football), Mario Strikers Charged and Wind Waker (and maybe at least the first Metroid Prime? No much people have liked federation force)

13. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    Luigi's Mansion is really welcome since my wii with gamecube roms died on me...