Hacking Loadiine self-hosted on ezShare Wifi micro-SD card adapter

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Um, so I put this in my digital camera and use the wifi feature to get photos off it to my computer. You're still with me right? Can you explain how I do all that on my computer to get access to it using the camera?
No that's cool I'm with you!. Yeah as a wifi point for sending/receiving html files/photos to your desktop etc., fine but for stopping an update rolling through, that's going to be really dodgy if the card is took out the slot.

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No that's cool I'm with you!. Yeah as a wifi point for sending/receiving html files/photos to your desktop etc., fine but for stopping an update rolling through that's going to be really dodgy if the card is took out the slot.

You're right. The console will roll back to any other access points in range.. So an option would be to either change your wifi point info so the wiiU can't find it using the old information, or, you could probably delete the wifi info from the wiiu, and it'll want it entered again before it'll connect and update itself using the previous point...

Last edited by TreyTrent,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You're right. The console will roll back to any other access points in range.. So an option would be to either change your wifi point info so the wiiU can't find it using the old information, or, you could probably delete the wifi info from the wiiu, and it'll want it entered again before it'll connect and update itself...
I'm not sure its getting to confusing for me now @9.00p.m. but I'm pritty sure if you took the sd adapter out your slot it would revert back to the original wifi and the update would continue cause blocking the dns would not be there anymore.

flaredl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure its getting to confusing for me now @9.00p.m. but I'm pritty sure if you took the sd adapter out your slot it would revert back to the original wifi and the update would continue cause blocking the dns would not be there anymore.

OP actually got a vaild point, it's hot-spot + web server, self contained but you might be confusing with a "repeater".

actually, i am using an old android phone with an app named "ksweb" to self run a web host and hot spot, totally off the wifi router with internet. you can just delete any other saved wifi connections in wiiU to stop rolling back.

one thing about this micro-SD card adapter is that it only support up to 32G, so cant directly plug in 64G or upper tf card , for now.

anyway, this is so far the best one pack solution with wiiu we got, if cant run the http or hacking codes within the wiiu only (browser cache etc ???) in near future.

Last edited by flaredl,

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
So can you use this as both a server and then also storage for the rpx game files?

So you run the kernel exploit and loadiine through ezshare... And then from loadiine you can access the same SD card which has files. Will not loadiine think it's loading via a WiFi network rather than the actual SD card?

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

gualala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can you use this as both a server and then also storage for the rpx game files?

So you run the kernel exploit and loadiine through ezshare... And then from loadiine you can access the same SD card which has files. Will not loadiine think it's loading via a WiFi network rather than the actual SD card?

I believe it will act as a normal SD card thru the SD interface. After all it is designed for digital cameras.
ordered one to test, will report when it arrives :)

burtonheynow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a lot of misinformation and confusion in this thread. The ezShare is just an SD card which can send out a WiFi hotspot. It's not the only one, many brands out there from Toshiba, Samsung,etc..

the idea of this thread is that you are creating a "private" wifi network between the SD card which hosts the exploit and the WiiU. Neither the SD card or the WiiU is connected to the Internet so there is no chance of the WiiU getting updated by Nintendo servers.

In theory you don't have to plug this card into the WiiU, you could plug it into anything with a SD slot and it would send out a WiFi signal which your WiiU would pick up for the exploit and you could then use a regular SD card in your WiiU to store your backups.

And of course, delete all other previous networks you have stored in your WiiU to prevent it from trying to connect to the Internet.

For me, the idea of creating a private link between the WiiU and the exploit files and keeping the WiiU off the grid is a good idea which means you will never have to worry about getting updated accidentally or not.

Last edited by burtonheynow,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dude, you have this all wrong and are telling others completely wrong information. You need to stop doing that.

for starters, if your WiFi is gone, its gone. Internet/wifi (not even the same thing) isn't a magic fairy. If you only have the sd wifi set up, it won't update and happy days for Nintendo or whatever the hell nonsense you said. The hotspot leaves, so does any type of connection. If ur a moron and have multiple access points, that's on you and is just as bad as not knowing how to use tubehax, or wishfully thinking opendns is magic too and will keep you safe by continuing to ignore your dynamic ip

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just ignore Reecey. Its clear he knows little about what his talking about.

You can manage your network connections on the console, and you can have only the private wifi configuration saved.
If that network is not there, nothing will happen.
If that network is there, theres only the possibility of loading ecploits and loaders lol no stuff from the web.

This sd card sounds great for a even more contained solution, but the 32gb is a big turn off...

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Just ignore Reecey. Its clear he knows little about what his talking about.

You can manage your network connections on the console, and you can have only the private wifi configuration saved.
If that network is not there, nothing will happen.
If that network is there, theres only the possibility of loading ecploits and loaders lol no stuff from the web.

This sd card sounds great for a even more contained solution, but the 32gb is a big turn off...
So its limited to only 32gb?

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I dont know. The information is scarce, but seems to point that way.

Anyway, if i was thinking in buying this solution, i would dig deeper to try to be sure.

Reactions: EclipseSin

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont know. The information is scarce, but seems to point that way.

Anyway, if i was thinking in buying this solution, i would dig deeper to try to be sure.
True, but to be fair, I'm using a 32GB card. Just one, and quite happily myself. A bunch of VCs, my favorite U games, and even some games for Nintendont.

Reactions: frankGT

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know i would play less games if i had to be deleting them and rewriting them. Went 128gb, not overkill at all, its maxed out with quality titles.

Last edited by frankGT,

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know i would play less games if i had to be deleting them and rewriting them, 10mb/s write speed takes time for a 10-20Gb game.

If i had more time/pacience and no money 32Gb would cut it no problem.

My minimum is 64Gb, because thats the size my top games in the system require.

Right now my 128gb SD is maxed out with 116Gb, 21 disc games and some VC.

I really think this is the sweet spot for the quality library.

If youre into all the lego stuff and so on, then i have no problem seeing the 256gb as the sweet spot.
Definitely. The LEGO games, Xenoblade X if you want, and the Assassin Creed Games alone take up well over a 32GB drive. I'm just saying, 32GB is not a bad size, it just depends on how you play, what you play, how often. All of that crap.

Besides, I'm sure there is an adapter out there that works with much larger ones. As is pointed out in other threads, 99% of Micro SD adapters are literally just pin-2-pin devices. I don't see these Wifi ones being any different really except that it's passing a folder to the device inside. Likely just some programming or engineering junk, like a different chip or updated code, would fix high card sizes.

I don't know who AGPtek is, but to quote their information

Capacity: based on your micro SDHC/micro SDXC card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0U01VM9073

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
ok got an ez share.... hw do i run the kernel exploit?

what url do i use.... any chance of a mini guide / tutorial?

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I managed to use it, and I have to say I'm quite impressed. There were a few problems transferring the files to the SD card, but the kexploit worked first time amazingly. I loaded a few DS games through loadiine and they worked fine.

The negatives so far are the 32gb limit and a few issues transferring files but that might just be a problem on my PC - not sure.

If it can be possible to run the kexploit and then install loadiine, then remove the SD card and try a bigger 64gb regular card, I wonder if that could work?

In terms of safely running the exploit "offline" this definitely works and would be my recommended method.

Reactions: burtonheynow

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so I managed to use it, and I have to say I'm quite impressed. There were a few problems transferring the files to the SD card, but the kexploit worked first time amazingly. I loaded a few DS games through loadiine and they worked fine.

The negatives so far are the 32gb limit and a few issues transferring files but that might just be a problem on my PC - not sure.

If it can be possible to run the kexploit and then install loadiine, then remove the SD card and try a bigger 64gb regular card, I wonder if that could work?

In terms of safely running the exploit "offline" this definitely works and would be my recommended method.
Yes, that will work. Defeats the purpose of the SD Adapter in my opinion, since you can just block internet all together from your router if thats what you want to do and use a larger sd card from the getgo, but yea.

After you install loadiine, just hit the home button, then exit to home menu, switch cards, load up mii maker. This way you can swap in a larger one if you want for a different game, or other games.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No that's cool I'm with you!. Yeah as a wifi point for sending/receiving html files/photos to your desktop etc., fine but for stopping an update rolling through, that's going to be really dodgy if the card is took out the slot.
NOT IF YOU HAVE NO OTHER CONNECTIONS SETUP. If you setup a working wifi connection, you already opened the door to all sorts of fun "stability" updates.

burtonheynow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought this EZ Share SD Adapter too, very cheap on eBay so I thought why not let's give it try!

For me it was easy to setup, I had an old 16GB micro SD card so I used that, first just formatted it to FAT and put it into the EZ Share adapter, then copied the exploit files to it (note I didn't copy any games to it)

Then turn on WiiU, go into internet settings and point it to the EZ Share hotspot. With a test you can see the WiiU connects to the EZ Share hotspot fine but fails to connect to the Internet - this is success of course because we don't want to connect to the Internet (no more updates, yay!)

Next just go to the browser as normal and go to http://ezshare.card/index.html (the html file was the one in the definitive package) and you can load the exploit as normal.

For me I had the EZ Share SD device plugged into my computer the first time I tested it and kept my game SD card in the WiiU at all times and it worked well. In fact the EZ Share SD adapter just needs power to work so you can plug it into anything with a SD slot (TV, camera, phone,computer,etc) I even tested it in a USB adapter plugged into the WiiU USB port and it worked (see pic, note that it's not actually reading the card through USB here, just using the USB to power the SD card to send out the WiFi signal)

image.jpeg

Overall this is a perfect solution for me, keeping my WiiU off the grid with an easy to use portable exploit solution that works anywhere my WiiU is.

Last edited by burtonheynow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYaFp_WnSP8