Hacking [Help] ezshare SD can only read .htm not .html?

[^Blark^]

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I recently purchased a ezshareSD card. I bought an 8GB with an on and off switch. not the microSDadapter adapter. I was planning to selfhost files since before ordering many have stated it's worked great for them. so I figured I'd try it out to keep my WiiU off the grid. but I can't run payloads or index files due to the card not being able to handle 4 letter enxtensions is my guess based on what I found out below last night after hours of mind boggling attempts and still nothing.

I can't load anything with the extension .html without being redirected to the ez cards GUI.
(so I can't run homebrew launcher or any self hosted .html files)

However if I rename payloads or index's to "××××××.htm" it will load the page /payload normally but if I choose a hack like the osdriver-aio from the homebru menu from the defenitive wiiu pack it will redirect to that stupid UI to transfer pics. so again clarification if I change the index.html to index.htm it loads the page but goes no further. I get redirected if I choose or a hack or use homebrew launcher. either way nothing is working100%

I've tried using homebrew launcher but got the same issue. I try changing the index from "index.html" to "index.htm" I browse to

ezshare.card/index.htm (not html)
it says detected wiiu firmware 5.3.2
(so it successfully loaded the .htm)

then when trying to load next file or whatever the exploits trying to do it cant. and I get redirected to the GUI. all because the card cant except .HTML ( 4 letter extensions) I think it's looking for a .html to load which it cant so in return I get redirected as the card doesn't know what to load or can't load it.

and I also changed the .html extensions to .htm inside the .index files so it's looking for .htm not .html

#CARD info#
------------------------
my ezshare is the non microSD it's just the 8GB SD with the on and off switch but both should do the samething ones just an adapter to put in microsd and the other ones for if you don't plan to buy micro sd and just prefer the one card. maybe I'm wrong and that's why this won't work. as the "microsd" has been confirmed but this one hasn't? but I thought they both are ezshare WiFi cards so why should that matter if I buy the adapter or not.

I'm afraid to waste money now and have a toshiba air 1 2 3 or ezshare microsd adapter have the same outcome and not be able to load .html files

Idk why some users have had success while I can't load .html files but have no problem with .htm and changing the .html to .htm doesn't work.

any help will be appreciated in advance.

Thanks
(I'm losing my mind I just wanna self host already.... and routers/blocking updates out of question with my setup as the router doesn't allow blocking unless I use open DNS as a partner... and I think NOT haha)

[^Blark^]

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine works as HTML fine.
Dunno whats happening with yours mate.

works here without any problem with .html
The only other thing I can think of is the generation of my card.

mine says it's the 2nd generation and has
v2.2b in the bottom left corner. possibly something ezshare did differently with the new cards?

can either of you guys test your card by typeing ez into the web browser and see if the file loaded ends with html or htm the file should be "welcome.xxxx" I just wanna see if your cards are loading an .htm or .html in the ezshare software gui.

Here's a Picture of the one I have:
20160423_164523.jpg

[^Blark^]

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine says .html
mines .htm

appreciate the help :)

so I guess different firms on our cards and generation differences. I'm going to order a different card. probably just order that one from the link from the other thread that's confirmed working.

thanks again.

Reactions: KiiWii

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a an issue like that using xampp i fixed it by deleting cookies and resetting save data in the internet browser settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and the morning cuz school
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is labor day different in venezuela than in america, or did time skip that far?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm...