• Views 2,482,217
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I crazy, I'm hosting through KWS server and can load fine most of the time but I can never get back into HBL or GX2 ? Old gx worked fine.

Goes into the white loading screen then freezes after about 5 seconds.
You are only suppose to run it once from browser. After that you get to it by clicking home and then mii maker.

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i was off for a few days due to a personal issues so i mightve missed it

But how does 'VC' games work for this? Exemple if i want Super Mario Galaxy2 from the wIIU shop same procedure as normal wiiu games?

Reactions: nicolo01

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

But how does 'VC' games work for this? Exemple if i want Super Mario Galaxy2 from the wIIU shop same procedure as normal wiiu games?

Sorry, it doesn't work with virtualconsole-wii-games. Because the WiiU switches to vWii mode, this kills loadiine

Ratatapa

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Sorry, it doesn't work with virtualconsole-wii-games. Because the WiiU switches to vWii mode, this kills loadiine

Ok thanks

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey @dimok, I dumped my New Super Mario Bros. U DLC (Luigi U) and it works flawlessly through Loadiine. By doing this, I saved about 750 MB from SD.
Is it possible to dump MK8 DLC from my console and use it in another console that also bought it? For me it would be useless, as I have the eShop version, but my nephew has it on disc and dumping from my console would be both, faster and easier, as I already have everything set up.

Thanks!
Hey. Yes that is legit. You can dump the DLCs on your console and use them on the other console as long as the other console has purchased the same DLCs too. It shouldn't matter which console you dump them off as they should be equal.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

To increase game compatibility for other firmwares than 5.3.2 and 5.4.0 I need you to run an application for me that will give us information about free memory regions for the RPX / RPL files.

Everyone is welcome to help out who has a console with a firmware other than 4.0.0, 5.3.2 and 5.4.0 as we got the areas for those. Especially 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 guys should do that as for those I have no information at all. This is the reason that some games with big RPX/RPL sizes fail with error code 160-2200.

Here is the memory scanner:
http://www118.zippyshare.com/v/YLFWkRVS/file.html

How to use it:
1. Run this ELF file from homebrew launcher
2. Enter the IP of your PC.
3. Start this logger on your PC: https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/raw/master/udp_debug_reader/UdpDebugReader.exe (or for Linux: https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/raw/master/udp_debug_reader/UdpDebugReader)
4. Press F on your PC once so it says "Started logging to GeckoLog.txt."
5. Now press A on gamepad to start scanning MiiMaker memory regions.
6. After it is done with MiiMaker it will launch System Menu automatically and dump the memory from that one.
7. Once that is finished just launch several different titles (preferable Smash Bros, Karaoke, Art Atelier) once to get the regions of those too.
8. When done press F again to stop logging to a file. It will say "Stopped logging". Don't press F more than once as it will delete the previous log on second press.
9. Upload the GeckoLog.txt file it created somewhere and supply it to us. Preferably on github so we don't loose it in the mass of posts on here. (Please do not create a new issue for each file. Just make one issue where everyone can add their files.

Important is that you name your firmware version when you supply that file. Without it the file is useless.

Thanks ahead to everyone helping out.

Last edited by dimok,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there any way to clean quit Loadiine? I'm playing a injected DS game and every time I exit with Home the system freezes.
Are you using a modified configuration.json file for the DS titles?
The freeze when going back to the home menu only happens when I modify such file and change Render Scale to 2 instead of 1.
Make sure the RenderScale setting is put to 1.

I don't know if @dimok has some info about the freezes when going back to the Home menu, I think MK8 was another game that had those issues too.

Reactions: OriginalHamster

Kit Ballard

Compress the Magic, focus my thoughts...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
~Memory scan infoz*
Sounds a tad complicated, but I'll give it a run fer yah. I only have Smash and MiiMaker to scan, if that's ok by you.

edit: Would you also like me to pop in a couple of random titles I own, like Super Mario Maker and Monster Hunter 3?

Last edited by Kit Ballard,

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Are you using a modified configuration.json file for the DS titles?
The freeze when going back to the home menu only happens when I modify such file and change Render Scale to 2 instead of 1.
Make sure the RenderScale setting is put to 1.

I don't know if @dimok has some info about the freezes when going back to the Home menu, I think MK8 was another game that had those issues too.
Yes, render set to 2, but it looks so crisp :c

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Attainable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vWii mode is on an entirely seprate Kernal, so it'll knock away anything we do to the WiiU's Kernal and memory.
Could you explain to me how Nintendo is able to get the Gamepad working in vWii, if we're unable to do it currently in vWii? I'd just like to understand it a bit better.

Kit Ballard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you explain to me how Nintendo is able to get the Gamepad working in vWii, if we're unable to do it currently in vWii? I'd just like to understand it a bit better.
My best bet is the gamepad's being strung by codes in the IOSU. Having access to the Kernal =/= IOSU control, and since the system changes Kernals, we loose access to the WiiU's and thus ends our code string.

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I though about it and maybe the 5.4.0 guys could run that application above too. Just in case to compare if I did it correct back in the times of the 5.4.0 exploit release.

I know, I love it too. :c
I use it in all my DS games, only thing is that I have to force a shut down or it will freeze when going back to the Home Menu.
We have to live with that unless @dimok or someone else figures out why that happens.
I have so much on my todo and really very little of time. Eventually I will take a look at that. I know it happens on MK8 but I didnt know that more titles were affected. As already mentioned I dont have any VCs.

Last edited by dimok,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

Kit Ballard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Posted my Memory dump. At least, I think I did it right. Never "Github" before. Also scanned a few extra games for ya'll. Never know, ja? Should I also scan a few of my "On System" titles like LoZ: Wind Waker and VC and eShop titles?

Last edited by Kit Ballard,

apachehavok

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Hey everyone,

To increase game compatibility for other firmwares than 5.3.2 and 5.4.0 I need you to run an application for me that will give us information about free memory regions for the RPX / RPL files.

Everyone is welcome to help out who has a console with a firmware other than 4.0.0, 5.3.2 and 5.4.0 as we got the areas for those. Especially 5.5.0 and 5.5.1 guys should do that as for those I have no information at all. This is the reason that some games with big RPX/RPL sizes fail with error code 160-2200.

Here is the memory scanner:
http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/dvdYssP4/file.html

How to use it:
1. Run this ELF file from homebrew launcher
2. Enter the IP of your PC.
3. Start this logger on your PC: https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/raw/master/udp_debug_reader/UdpDebugReader.exe (or for Linux: https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/raw/master/udp_debug_reader/UdpDebugReader)
4. Press F on your PC once so it says "Started logging to GeckoLog.txt."
5. Now press A on gamepad to start scanning MiiMaker memory regions.
6. After it is done with MiiMaker it will launch System Menu automatically and dump the memory from that one.
7. Once that is finished just launch several different titles (preferable Smash Bros, Karaoke, Art Atelier) once to get the regions of those too.
8. When done press F again to stop logging to a file. It will say "Stopped logging". Don't press F more than once as it will delete the previous log on second press.
9. Upload the GeckoLog.txt file it created somewhere and supply it to us. Preferably on github so we don't loose it in the mass of posts on here. (Please do not create a new issue for each file. Just make one issue where everyone can add their files.

Important is that you name your firmware version when you supply that file. Without it the file is useless.

Thanks ahead to everyone helping out.

Hey Dimok. Ill try to do as much as possible for ya when I get home. I have 5.5.0
Watch Dogs - Perfect
Mario 64 VC - Perfect
Mario Maker - Perfect
Kirby - Perfect
Star Fox Zero - Perfect

TONS untested but I will test tons more when I get home.

Thanks for all the great work, its appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: