Hacking Loaded a game in Wiiflow after a year, now it sends me back to Home :(

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I started playing Xenoblade Chronicles last summer, and never finished it. Now I'd like to finish what I started, but the vWii is not collaborating.
I haven't booted the vWii in a year (but played plenty and updated the WiiU), so I'm sure I touched nothing since the last time the game worked.
I tried reinstalling Wiiflow, reinstalling d2x-v10-beta52, forcing the cIOS to load, changed settings here and there, to not avail. Wiiflow sees the game on the USB without problems (as it always did), but now it sends me to Home Screen every time I load it.

I really don't know what to do, could someone help?

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've now tried reinstalling the backup I used last summer, and the result is the same. I'll try downloading a backup tonight and see what happens with it. I'll also try with another game.

But I noticed one thing: while copying the game on the usb, I launched Wiiflow and the game still showed up (with no USB inserted in the WiiU). I tried launching it and it took me back to Home as usual. Then I deleted the game from Wiiflow and also the cache before trying with the original file once again (of course it didn't work).

What I'm more worried about is that even after re-hacking the vWii from scratch I'll still experience the exact same problem (as other people in the forum in my same circumstances...).

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok, this is getting very weird.
I realised now WiiFlow won't actually find the games on the USB. After deleting the game from WiiFlow and reset the cache, it will keep asking me for a partition. And I haven't touched the vWii nor that usb since last August...

After reinstalling d2x-v10-beta53 and IOS236, I tried using a WD external-powered HDD (Elements), and put Xenoblade and another game in it. What happens is that WiiFlow finds the two games no problem but sends me back to Home, while USBLoader and CFG won't even find the games.

I'm starting to lose my mind here :(

EDIT: I'm using Wii Backup Manager to put the games in it, they're in WBFS format. The drive is in NTFS (like my usb stick when I used it last year).

Last edited by cloudfe,

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I've considered re-hacking the vWii from scratch, but two things stop me:
1) I don't have the exploit game anymore;
2) I've already reinstalled the cIOS following the vWii guide, so I don't see what I could do differently reinstalling the Homebrew Channel.

So what should I do to "restart" the modding process other than what I already did?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe try using usbloader gx? That's what I use and everything is flawless

I no its not the answer your looking for but if it DOES work on gx then at least we know the problem is wiiflow

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This is shooting in the dark but may help you. On my Wii (not Wii U) I tend to connect the HDD to the wrong USB port at times. Wiiflow somehow sees the game when it's in the wrong port, but doesn't boot it, just returns to home.
In other words, connect that USB HDD to the other port and try launching the game again. Maybe it will work now.

EDIT: Also, you say it's NTFS, that may also be an issue. It was a while ago that I hacked my Wii, but I remember that every guide said it has to be FAT32. Maybe NTFS is now supported, maybe not, but if swapping ports doesn't work, try FAT32.

Last edited by PewnyPL,
Reactions: cloudfe

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This is shooting in the dark but may help you. On my Wii (not Wii U) I tend to connect the HDD to the wrong USB port at times. Wiiflow somehow sees the game when it's in the wrong port, but doesn't boot it, just returns to home.
In other words, connect that USB HDD to the other port and try launching the game again. Maybe it will work now.

Pewny, I would give you my only goat if I had one! Changing ports worked!!
It kinda make sense, because this would be coherent with the fact I haven't touched the console nor the usb stick in a year (I must have forgot I used to use the other port).
What I don't understand is why this works. Every guide dictate the use of the port closer to the edge...

Well, let's hope it doesn't mysteriously stop working now (I already relaunched the game three times to be sure).

Thank you everyone for helping me, and thank you PewnyPL for your sniper-level shot in the dark!!

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well if usbloader gx can't find your drive then your either not using a y cable (which is needed for vwii) or you have it plugged in wrong

Also I would use fat32 and convert the games to wbfs

If none of these work then I don't know

Edit; ninjad glad it's fixed

Reactions: CJB100

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What I don't understand is why this works. Every guide dictate the use of the port closer to the edge...
I remember reading that the ports on Wii U are the other way around for vWii, so if a Wii guide says of one port, on Wii U it would be the other. But I'm not sure.
Either way, glad it works now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: So that version is semi rare