Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi. I have had a working emuNAND (i'm on N3ds 9.0) for about half a year now. Every now and then I played a ds game, after which I had to launch GW_installer.nds. Then I could boot into emuNAND via profile settings. Yesterday though the .nds GW_Installer wouldn't install. I had to reset the console. I tried again - it didn't work.
I then put Cubic Ninja back in the console to launch Gateway mode from there and reinstalled mset downgrade. I tested the nds file which was working fine up to this point - It indicates progress through little stars and it gets stuck sometimes on the first star sometimes on the 5th -- why doesn't it work anymore? I didn't change anything. Is there a way to fix that?

3dsres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello. I have a new 3ds xl 9.0 firmware + Gateway 4.3.1 + emunand 9.0. Could I play latest game like animal crossing happy home designer?

I'm very afraid If the game crush my DS Profile-exploit and I couldn't use GW mode anymore cause I don't have Cubic Ninja or Zelda cartridge to install NVRAM again.

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Happy Home Designer needs Firmware 9.8. Gateway uses a firmware spoofing thing that should allow you to play the game anyway in Gateway mode. I successfully launched Triforce heroes which needs 9.9 and my Emunand is on 9.5.

See my question above yours, I had the same problem. You could install the NVRAM downgrade through the blue gateway card, the *.nds file comes within the zip file from Gateway.

3dsres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Happy Home Designer needs Firmware 9.8. Gateway uses a firmware spoofing thing that should allow you to play the game anyway in Gateway mode. I successfully launched Triforce heroes which needs 9.9 and my Emunand is on 9.5.

See my question above yours, I had the same problem. You could install the NVRAM downgrade through the blue gateway card, the *.nds file comes within the zip file from Gateway.

Thank you! So I could play AC: HHD on 9.0 emunand with 4.3.1 Gateway.

I know about a way to install NVRAM via blue gateway but don't know if it works on n3ds. In manual on gateway site nothing is said about installing gateway with blue card.

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can tell you from my experience that it did work for me. I also have the N3ds with sysNAND 9.0 and I took the GW_Installer.nds from Gateway to successfully reinstall the exploit after it got removed through playing DS titles. Recently though it didn't work, but I have since found a way to make the exploit stick. Since I have applied that I have not lost the exploit. You could look into that.

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have a Question, Sorry I just got into 3ds.
My question is, What is Gateway Ultra?
is it a Firmware or a new Card?
Thanks for helping and any reply would help out.

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since version 3 they called it ultra (before I think it was Omega). You can read everything on their official site

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aww, I thought is was only a Firmware Update, the one I got was Gateway 3DS V4.5- 3DS 7.0.0-13x
from Mod Chip Central , I think I messed up cuz they don't do refunds without CHARGING you.

What's the Different between the 2 cards? and does my version do Multi roms

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the gateway cartridge is updateable. so you download the latest firmware and follow the instructions. there are instructions to be found on how to do that. you can even use google.
Gateway works up to firmware 9.2 of your 3DS. If your 3DS has a firmware greater than that, you cannot use the gateway card. but again, it's not the gateway card taht matters, it's your 3ds firmware that does

alevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi. I have one question:

If I downgrade my console to 4.x, will be there games which will not run? If so, how will I be able to play them?

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yet? This have been possible from a long time by now :D

Just get rxTools or CakesFW.
I've been absent from the scene for awhile do to real life constraints [emoji14] please have mercy

And yes, thanks a lot. I'm gonna check out CakesCFW. Last I checked rxTools did, but he was all anti-piracy, and limited it because of that.

ngagethetaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to run a retail card on my Emunand. I use Gateway. However, to run classic mode I have to leave in the gateway flashcart. After I boot into emunand, is it safe to take out the flashcard for the game I want to play?

ngagethetaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to run a retail card on my Emunand. I use Gateway. However, to run classic mode I have to leave in the gateway flashcart. After I boot into emunand, is it safe to take out the flashcard for the game I want to play?

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys, Here the thing, my 3ds XL is on FW 8.1 can I use my Gateway(coming soon) on it?
or do I have to update to 9.2? if so how do I do that? get a game with 9.2 on it?
thanks

can I stay on the FW 8.1???

Last edited by hksrb25s14,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto