Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
4640519.jpg

QUOTE said:
Level-5 is helping needy children by giving them soccer balls. Yes, you read correctly. To promote the latest Inazuma Eleven DS games in Japan and support charity, Level-5 started an Africa 11 campaign.

For each copy of Inazuma Eleven: Sekai e no Chousen!! Spark and Bomber sold, 11 yen was donated to UNICEF. While that may seem like a small figure, it resulted in over 20,000 soccer balls being donated to needy schools in South Africa. Besides, over 500,000 copies of Inazuma Eleven 3 were sold in the first week after their release and over 1,100,000 copies of Inazuma Eleven 3 were sold between the launch date and September, 2010.

Level-5’s 11 for Africa promotion began in July 2010, when the two versions of the Inazuma Eleven 3 game was released. It is also part of Hide Nakata’s Take Action Foundation program, which tries to help solve problems around the world with various campaigns, special events and soccer matches. In addition to Level-5’s recent UNICEF donation, there was also a charity auction for Haiti relief efforts earlier this year that benefitted World Food Program (WFP) and the We are the World Foundation and in 2009 there was a CLICK fundraiser with Toshiba to help work with the WFP to get food for 100,000 Kenyan children.

Kudos to Level-5 on its charity work. It’s always nice to hear about a company giving back to help make the world a better place. And it’s nice to know that buying a soccer video game could help a less fortunate child actually get to play soccer.

Source!

MAGICAL SOCCER STRIKES AGAIN!

/sneakily uses opportunity to post pretty fanart

Nice to see a company doing charity work.
biggrin.gif
Now if only they'll give needy children puzzles for every Professor Layton game sold...

JackDeeEss

Trophies
XP
Country
FlameTakuya said:
MAGICAL SOCCER STRIKES AGAIN!
>Soccer
>Strikes
I see what you did there

On topic:
This is really nice for Level-5 to do, it's not often you get games companies donating stuff...
take note nintendo.

FlameTakuya

OP
Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
ShadowSoldier said:
Here's the thing though, "to promote...". That sort of worries me. Did they only do this to promote their game, and then the charity came as an afterthought or what...

QUOTE said:
and microsoft****

What?

he's continuing from the above poster's post about nintendo.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FlameTakuya said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Here's the thing though, "to promote...". That sort of worries me. Did they only do this to promote their game, and then the charity came as an afterthought or what...

QUOTE said:
and microsoft****

What?

he's continuing from the above poster's post about nintendo.

Well in that case, clearly he hasn't read what Microsoft did a couple weeks ago with EA and the children's hospital.

D

Deleted_171835

It doesn't matter as to whether this was to promote their new game.
The needy schools still get soccer balls. This is still a charitable act. It may not be out of kindness but the children in those schools still get the soccer balls.

o0ICE0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cant eat a soccer ball.
You cant purify water with a soccer ball.
You cant be protected from AIDS with a soccer ball. (...well, I guess you could if you got imaginative)

What were they thinking?

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
o0ICE0o said:
You cant be protected from AIDS with a soccer ball. (...well, I guess you could if you got imaginative)

What were they thinking?
Did you even read the damn post? "20,000 soccer balls being donated to needy schools in South Africa."
Let's see you donate something of a higher value.

Donating is donating no matter what and how much.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Depravo said:
They'll donate 20,000 stovepipe hats to 'Slapheads In Need' to promote the next Layton.

I thought Valve were the ones donating hats to charity.

Silly man, who would waste perfectly good virtual hats on charity?

unnkown95 said:
and microsoft****

I mean it's not like its founder and big man has a foundation in him and his wife's name that donates tons of their own fortune to needy African children.

Oh wait...

QUOTE(o0ICE0o @ Dec 30 2010, 12:23 PM)

What were they thinking?

Entertainment is the best medicine.

EDIT: And I doubt your donation of nothing to African children helps them more than soccer balls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice