• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Let's talk about that federal abortion bill

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I wouldn't have been mad at her if she put her own well-being first instead of risking her life for myself.

"I wouldn't be mad if my mother had aborted me."

Lol. Existential self-loathing.

No, that's literally what you said. Whereas my point is that fetuses aren't people and instead only have characteristics of parasites while they're fetuses. Multiple descriptors can apply to something at once, a concept you are still struggling with. Those same descriptors can also stop applying when the conditions change.

I didn't argue that humans are parasites. You said a fetus is "no more than a parasite that requires a host to exist" which is cringe edgelord shit. A (human) fetus is human. Shifting the focus to them not being classified independent people is besides the point, as you seem to default a necessity of human progeny as a negative thing. It's the ultimate ad hominem. Don't like the argument. Kill it. Hide the fact that you are killing it behind "it's not even real".

I'm not arguing that pregnancy or abortion should or should not be forced. I'm making the argument that your rationalization is sociopathic. Hiding behind the idea that you are being empathetic by ham-fisting this emo nihilistic garbage is a farce.

Gloat more about "reading comprehension".

Reactions: TraderPatTX

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP

the quote you are replying to:
" I wouldn't have been mad at her if she put her own well-being first instead of risking her life for myself. "

I wouldn't be mad if my mom choose to abort me if her life was at risk. Are you saying that mothers should try to provide birth, even if a condition increases the odds of death during childbirth?

The mother knows what to do with her own body. It is afterall HER body.
Go home Tabzer.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
snipped because early send

"Reading Comprehension"

If you want to argue that he wasn't referring to the abortion of him/her/itself, as a parasite, you got lost. You are going to have to contribute more than "nuhuh".

I wouldn't be mad if my mom choose to abort me if her life was at risk.

Keep saying this, without seeing the irony. I'll wait until you get it, Schrödinger's soapbox.

Are you saying that mothers should try to provide birth, even if a condition increases the odds of death during childbirth?

You are responding to this "I'm not arguing that pregnancy or abortion should or should not be forced. I'm making the argument that your rationalization is sociopathic."

With "Are you saying that mothers should... (blah blah blah).

The mother knows what to do with her own body. It is afterall HER body.

Yet here you are supporting the existence of the patriarchy with the hubris that it is in the position to.

Last edited by tabzer,

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
If you want to argue that he wasn't referring to the abortion of him/her/itself, as a parasite, you got lost.
No I'm not, because he has a point, it does act a bit like a parasite. They stated that it has some behaviors similar to a parasite.
could cite multiple papers for you how the fetus supresses the mother's immune system, how it changes the hormonal balance of her body to suit its own needs, and how this process sometimes nearly kills the mother
And yet you ignored that for your own feelings.

You are going to have to contribute more than "nuhuh".
You don't get to play that card when half of your shit is a goddamn "nuhuh" with extra steps sprinkled in.
Lol. "You should have aborted me, mom. You fucking idiot"

How did I know that this is a pretense for your whole argument?
How much you have to goal post shift to attempt to "win" an argument.

All I've seen is you make dumb-ass statements, get grilled over it. And then you hide in your little cubbie, pretending that your smarter than everyone else. And that any person that calls you out on your bullshit can't possibly be wrong.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No I'm not, because he has a point, it does act a bit like a parasite. They stated that it has some behaviors similar to a parasite.

Great, now check my points.

And yet you ignored that for your own feelings.

I didn't ignore it. It wasn't relevent.

You don't get to play that card when half of your shit is a goddamn "nuhuh" with extra steps sprinkled in.

nuhuh

How much you have to goal post shift to attempt to "win" an argument.

I didn't shift the goalpost from "human" to "person" to avoid confronting the humanity of a developing life. What "argument" do you think I am trying to "win"?

All I've seen is you make dumbass statements, get grilled over it. And then you hide in your little cubbie, pretending that your smarter than everyone else. And that any person that calls you out on your bullshit can't possibly be wrong.

Then you aren't very smart.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Telling that your only response is that you can't comprehend having empathy for others.

"I can't imagine seeing people as having the same worth as myself." This is how you sound like, a narcissistic, self-centered loser devoid of empathy for other people, viewing everything in life through a lens of self-service and an analysis about how much value you can extract from others before they rid themselves of you.

I enjoy my life more than you do because I ensure I am not a burden on others and give as plentiful as I receive, and I will never be negative towards a person when the other person is not in a position to help me. Unlike you, apparently, who makes it very clear that other people should only exist to serve you, and only you.

Do keep telling yourself that my attitude is born from a position of self-loathing, because it's the only excuse you will be able to come up with before you'll have to realize that mutual respect and empathy requires enough introspection to not force people into doing things they don't want to do.

I respect people's full autonomy and boundaries, you respect people's usefulness towards yourself.
I didn't argue that humans are parasites. You said a fetus is "no more than a parasite that requires a host to exist" which is cringe edgelord shit. A (human) fetus is human. Shifting the focus to them not being classified independent people is besides the point, as you seem to default a necessity of human progeny as a negative thing. It's the ultimate ad hominem. Don't like the argument. Kill it. Hide the fact that you are killing it behind "it's not even real".
And completely ignoring the role of the woman and how the fetus impacts her existence, completely dehumanizing the woman to the status of nothing more but a vessel that must comply or else they're a murderer for not providing the vessel.

Literal edgelord shit from a boy that will never have to give up their own body to please a corpus of people based on their feelings.
I'm not arguing that pregnancy or abortion should or should not be forced. I'm making the argument that your rationalization is sociopathic. Hiding behind the idea that you are being empathetic by ham-fisting this emo nihilistic garbage is a farce.

Gloat more about "reading comprehension".
There is nothing sociopathic about putting the life of an existing person over the maybe of a person. There is everything sociopathic about placing a possibility over an actuality and then hiding the decision to dehumanize woman behind a thinly veiled attempt of moral superiority.

Reactions: Xzi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Telling that your only response is that you can't comprehend having empathy for others.

"I can't imagine seeing people as having the same worth as myself." This is how you sound like, a narcissistic, self-centered loser devoid of empathy for other people, viewing everything in life through a lens of self-service and an analysis about how much value you can extract from others before they rid themselves of you.

I enjoy my life more than you do because I ensure I am not a burden on others and give as plentiful as I receive, and I will never be negative towards a person when the other person is not in a position to help me. Unlike you, apparently, who makes it very clear that other people should only exist to serve you, and only you.

Do keep telling yourself that my attitude is born from a position of self-loathing, because it's the only excuse you will be able to come up with before you'll have to realize that mutual respect and empathy requires enough introspection to not force people into doing things they don't want to do.

I respect people's full autonomy and boundaries, you respect people's usefulness towards yourself.

I have empathy, which is why I was able to determine your attempt to frame pregnancy as a negative thing as reflection of your own sense of self-worth. You think you are proving me wrong by talking great about yourself and trying to make me look a specific way, but to me, it just looks you are trying hard to compensate for something and are hurt. You are making claims that cannot be possibly substantiated. You seem to think that because I disagree with something you said, and think of you as conceited, it must mean that I am the exact opposite of how you think (or attempt to project) of yourself. Also, the idea that you think that you would even be in the position to be mad at your mother for aborting you further suggests lack of self-awareness.

And completely ignoring the role of the woman and how the fetus impacts her existence, completely dehumanizing the woman to the status of nothing more but a vessel that must comply or else they're a murderer for not providing the vessel.

Literal edgelord shit from a boy that will never have to give up their own body to please a corpus of people based on their feelings.

I'm not ignoring women nor am I saying what they should or should not do. I'm arguing that your rationalization of abortion is sociopathic where abortions aren't necessarily sociopathic. Your attempt to imitate me is flattering though.

There is nothing sociopathic about putting the life of an existing person over the maybe of a person. There is everything sociopathic about placing a possibility over an actuality and then hiding the decision to dehumanize woman behind a thinly veiled attempt of moral superiority.

Nice word salad. I see you have your work cut out for you.

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have empathy, which is why I was able to determine your attempt to frame pregnancy as a negative thing as reflection of your own sense of self-worth. You think you are proving me wrong by talking great about yourself and trying to make me look a specific way, but to me, it just looks you are trying hard to compensate for something and are hurt. You are making claims that cannot be possibly substantiated. You seem to think that because I disagree with something you said, and think of you as conceited, it must mean that I am the exact opposite of how you think (or attempt to project) of yourself.
You lack the empathy to differentiate how a woman would feel between a wanted and an unwanted pregnancy. A wanted child is not parasitic by nature as the woman has consented for the use of her body for the growth of an embryo into a child. An unwanted pregnancy is one without consent, and thus parasitic by nature as now the fetus is using the woman's body against her will.
It's like how words have meaning and the same set of actions can have entirely different connotations depending on the circumstances.

And no, it can be very much substantiated from your views on a wide variety of topics like your views on vaccines, abortions, and the plethora of other social and political topics you've given your opinion on, which are all available to read for anyone so inclined.
Also, the idea that you think that you would even be in the position to be mad at your mother for aborting you further suggests lack of self-awareness.
Simple hypothetical situations going over your head and being hand waved away with a "But it can't be a REAL situation, so it doesn't matter." is really just what I am expecting from you at this point.

As an aside, the inability to put yourself into the shoes of other people and situations that are foreign to you, be they imagined or real, and consider impacts of decisions from another person's point of view is a sign of lack of developed empathy, or even sociopathy.
I'm not ignoring women nor am I saying what they should or should not do. I'm arguing that your rationalization of abortion is sociopathic where abortions aren't necessarily sociopathic. Your attempt to imitate me is flattering though.
My rationalization is, and has been, that the woman as a whole (including her life and bodily autonomy) outweigh a third person's feelings on whether or not she should be forced against her will to give her body up to nurture more life. The fetus's rights do not outweigh the woman's rights. If the fetus is unwanted it's a parasite by the literal definition of the word.

If you read into this that I am ignoring the rights or feelings of an unwanted fetus out of a source of self-loathing you should take a long, hard look into the mirror, because they have been fully accounted for and are stacked against the woman's rights and feelings. And what do you know it is the ethical choice in all situations that the person having the last word is the person that already fully exists, has a life, and owns the womb, and not the collection of cells that has not yet reached a stage of development to be autonomous even in the most generous of interpretations.

This would also be something you'd know if you'd actually make an argument in good faith, like considering that abortions simply don't happen when the fetus is developed enough to be able to have feelings, or is capable of survival outside of a uterus, or that nobody aborts a pregnancy that is desired.
Nice word salad. I see you have your work cut out for you.
Ask an English teacher to explain them to you.

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Please don't make exceedingly low effort posts in a serious conversation.

I think that's the fundamental flaw in this entire debate, the right is just so culturally lacking in empathy by design. There's a reason why the majority of this debate is being dictated by people who've never been pregnant. I wish there was a way to basically require these psychos have to go through every stage of pregnancy, labor included, before they were allowed to vote against abortion. I really don't think people should be allowed to restrict the rights and freedoms of people whose struggles they know nothing about.

🤡

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You lack the empathy to differentiate how a woman would feel between a wanted and an unwanted pregnancy. A wanted child is not parasitic by nature as the woman has consented for the use of her body for the growth of an embryo into a child. An unwanted pregnancy is one without consent, and thus parasitic by nature as now the fetus is using the woman's body against her will.
It's like how words have meaning and the same set of actions can have entirely different connotations depending on the circumstances.

You are forcing a claim that you cannot substantiate based on my taking issue with this statement:

"The moment the fetus is able to survive outside of the womb on its own (not withstanding medical help like helping it breathe, that's obviously fine). Before that marker it's no more than a parasite that requires a host to exist."

My ability to empathize with women isn't related to my issue with this messaging. If anything, you are using the existence of women as a shield from your inconsistency. If you were as empathetic as you claim to be, then you would simply apologize for being wrong instead of doubling down on attacking the human qualities of developing people. I'm sure more women than not would be repulsed by your branding, even if they feel like an abortion is the best choice for them.

And no, it can be very much substantiated from your views on a wide variety of topics like your views on vaccines, abortions, and the plethora of other social and political topics you've given your opinion on, which are all available to read for anyone so inclined.

Considering that you aren't able to provide an example of how "my views" on vaccines lack empathy, or what "my view" on abortion is, or anything else... I am going to assume that you read what I say, elsewhere, like you read what I say here. You see me disagreeing with your superficial talking points as a threat that enables "the other side", so you attribute everything that you see as negative onto me. It's ironic because it's not empathetic at all and it means that you are not being honest with yourself. It's a symptom of being bipolar.

Simple hypothetical situations going over your head and being hand waved away with a "But it can't be a REAL situation, so it doesn't matter." is really just what I am expecting from you at this point.

As an aside, the inability to put yourself into the shoes of other people and situations that are foreign to you, be they imagined or real, and consider impacts of decisions from another person's point of view is a sign of lack of developed empathy, or even sociopathy.

Wishing you were aborted is a cowardly way to stumble through life. Imaging impossible scenarios where you are the good guy is really how people like you cope. I am able to play pretend anytime I want, but dehumanizing babies to feel better about abortion is not empathetic, nor in service of women. Pretending you are your own mother aborting yourself, and then forgiving her is just a deeply seated misogynistic fantasy.

Ask an English teacher to explain them to you.

Oh I understand it. It just reads like a schizo's attempt to rationalize their shenanigans.

Last edited by tabzer,

RAHelllord

Literally the wurst.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
[...]If you were as empathetic as you claim to be, then you would simply apologize for being wrong[...]
LMAO

No, no I will not apologize for "being wrong" when I am not. You read more meaning into the sentence than I put there. You see the word parasite in relation to fetuses and immediately feel compelled to add the meaning that it's a measure of worth or "humanity" based on your feelings, and not an apt descriptor of a strict set of attributes.

Or in simpler words even you can understand: It's used as a biological term, not an insult.
Considering that you aren't able to provide an example of how "my views" on vaccines lack empathy, or what "my view" on abortion is, or anything else... I am going to assume that you read what I say, elsewhere, like you read what I say here. You see me disagreeing with your superficial talking points as a threat that enables "the other side", so you attribute everything that you see as negative onto me. It's ironic because it's not empathetic at all and it means that you are not being honest with yourself. It's a symptom of being bipolar.
Because last time we talked quoting you did anything? Nah mate. I know for a fact that nothing what I say is a superficial talking point but based on reading a mix of actual papers written by actual doctors and researchers in the field, as well as actually talking to woman and gynecologists directly.

You're also apparently larping as a psychotherapist now in your ever growing list of farcical knowledge.
Wishing you were aborted is a cowardly way to stumble through life. Imaging impossible scenarios where you are the good guy is really how people like you cope. I am able to play pretend anytime I want, but dehumanizing babies to feel better about abortion is not empathetic, nor in service of women. Pretending you are your own mother aborting yourself, and then forgiving her is just a deeply seated misogynistic fantasy.
I love that you're still clinging to the straw that I must hate my life and that everything I do must thus be from a position of self-loathing. It's definitely, absolutely not a reflection of yourself being projected onto me.

No, I have not imagined myself as my mom aborting me, I have made an objective statement that she made an ill-advised choice that could have been prevented and I made a statement in response that it would not matter to me if she had either aborted me or not given said information. You inserting the meaning that this must be done as a form of self-inflicted guilt-trip is the sort of moral grandstanding you repeatedly try to give your arguments merit, and it's sad.

You are a sad, little man and it shines through in everything you say on this forum. The words I use are correct for the context, you giving them extra meaning based on your feelings does not change anything I say or makes anything I say invalid. It just makes you look sad.
Oh I understand it. It just reads like a schizo's attempt to rationalize their shenanigans.
I am now apparently a bi-polar, shizophrenic, sociopath for knowing complex words and being able to string them together in complex ways. Do you have any other pearls of wisdom to share?

That's an idiom if it wasn't clear, I don't want any actual pearls.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
LMAO

No, no I will not apologize for "being wrong" when I am not. You read more meaning into the sentence than I put there. You see the word parasite in relation to fetuses and immediately feel compelled to add the meaning that it's a measure of worth or "humanity" based on your feelings, and not an apt descriptor of a strict set of attributes.

Or in simpler words even you can understand: It's used as a biological term, not an insult.

Keep paddling those waters. Parasite is not a biological term to describe a fetus unless you are being disingenuous and dehumanizing.

Because last time we talked quoting you did anything? Nah mate. I know for a fact that nothing what I say is a superficial talking point but based on reading a mix of actual papers written by actual doctors and researchers in the field, as well as actually talking to woman and gynecologists directly.

Nice back story. I'll wait on a paper describing a fetus as "no more than a parasite that requires a host to exist" from Dr. Fedora. Meanwhile, we can rely on your beliefs.

You're also apparently larping as a psychotherapist now in your ever growing list of farcical knowledge.

Haha, you hope.

I love that you're still clinging to the straw that I must hate my life and that everything I do must thus be from a position of self-loathing. It's definitely, absolutely not a reflection of yourself being projected onto me.

Not everything you do is from a position of self-loathing. I sincerely believe that you are capable of experiencing bouts of genuine happiness and self-confidence. "Fetuses are parasites" and "I'd forgive my mother for aborting me" are not those moments.

No, I have not imagined myself as my mom aborting me, I have made an objective statement that she made an ill-advised choice that could have been prevented and I made a statement in response that it would not matter to me if she had either aborted me or not given said information. You inserting the meaning that this must be done as a form of self-inflicted guilt-trip is the sort of moral grandstanding you repeatedly try to give your arguments merit, and it's sad.

Are you being objective? Did your mother die or live to regret her decision? Feel free to lie to me. Suggesting that you are in a position to react to your mother's decision to abort you bypasses the clear point that abortion does not derive consent from the developing child. By saying you wouldn't be mad, as if you had a choice, you are speaking on behalf of your mother (as if she needed her child's approval, or even worse, your opinion is more important) and yourself as a fetus (and "wholly rational"), and by extension of the argument, other fetuses. You literally aren't being objective, lol. You are trying to bury the more common, and more sincere, talking points.

You are a sad, little man and it shines through in everything you say on this forum. The words I use are correct for the context, you giving them extra meaning based on your feelings does not change anything I say or makes anything I say invalid. It just makes you look sad.

I can live with you thinking that I am "a sad, little man". It's not exactly consistent with how you want to project yourself, but it is totally consistent with the way I have you pegged.

I am now apparently a bi-polar, shizophrenic, sociopath for knowing complex words and being able to string them together in complex ways. Do you have any other pearls of wisdom to share?

Knowing complex words is different than using them to obfuscate the plain. You don't like the fact that I took issue with specific things that you said, because they are truly embarrassing. Unfortunately, you don't see reward in admitting that you are wrong, and that's not something that I can teach you directly. I have many pearls, but I want to only offer up what would be received. You've already demonstrated that you eat the ones that I do offer.

That being said, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder share similar genetic etiology. In many forms of diagnoses (keep in mind I provided none), it can be a competition of which is prevalent. Calling a human stage of progeny "parasitic" is plainly sociopathic.

That's an idiom if it wasn't clear, I don't want any actual pearls.

Don't lie. Everyone wants pearls.

Last edited by tabzer,

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we can transmit the fetus to the metaverse they can forever be protected by the evil abortionists.
You joke but I wouldn't be surprised if people start trying to put births on the blockchain or some dumb shit. Can't wait for the blockchain fad to die already.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You joke but I wouldn't be surprised if people start trying to put births on the blockchain or some dumb shit. Can't wait for the blockchain fad to die already.

People already have done that and blockchain is going to stay. Can't speak of what qualifies as "fad" though. Did the internet fad ever die?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Implanting a fetus to the block chain is something I can get behind.

So we can know the one true fetus and not reproduction Festuses that abortionists will love to delete over and over.

• Haha
Reactions: tabzer

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So we can know the one true fetus and not reproduction Festuses that abortionists will love to delete over and over.
Can't wait for the new age of human trafficking: Right clicking people's babies' NFTs.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

That would be the difference of heaven and hell.

Right clicking

More effort please.

You guys are onto something, though. If people would break Ethereum with lolcats who knows what damage slavebabies NFT would do. It might even bait the fed into fortifying crypto as a legitimate currency.

Last edited by tabzer,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Don't make Barbie put a cigarette out on your nipples!