• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Let's talk about that federal abortion bill

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
OP
Trophies
XP
You know it's funny.
Republicans:
"This is a matter of states rights! just leave it up to the states"
Also Republicans:
"BiG GoVeRmEnT BaD."
Also also Republicans:
"We use big government to ban abortions."

So uh what happened to it being a states rights issue. Oh wait... perhaps it never was.
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/13/grahams-abortion-ban-senate-gop-00056423

Let's be frank. The GOP is upset that they got the semi quiet part spelled out loud and clear because lately, speaking the quiet part out loud has been the norm. The quiet part?
It was never about states rights, they just want women to not have a choice or rights on the matter.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,
Reactions: Xzi

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
After reading what you wrote, I started shaking. I got outraged. I couldn't believe it.

But then, you know, I actually read the article.

"Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said that questions about the bill should be directed to Graham and that most Republican senators 'prefer this be handled at the state level.' Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) suggested Graham had gone a bit rogue with his latest legislation: 'That wasn’t a conference decision. It was an individual senator’s decision.'"

Even if you can't read very much, POLITICO title "Graham's abortion ban stuns Senate GOP" indicates that this isn't "the republican party".

Congrats, you are more disinformative than the information police, you fucking idiot.

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
Even if you can't read very much, POLITICO title "Graham's abortion ban stuns Senate GOP" indicates that this isn't "the republican party".
so the Republican party isn't passing anti abortion/anti choice legislature in states? It's not them who overturned nearly 50 years of precedent. It's not them since they're current election candidates removed "Pro life" from their websites.

It's even more disingenuous to refuse to put two and two together. It's not a stretch to say that they actually would support it.

They just don't support for now it since they realized it's tanking their odds of winning. in a current election season. Had this been any other point in time, they would of gone full in. It's pretty well demonstrated with the sudden shifts in their candidates websites.

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
so the Republican party isn't passing anti abortion/anti choice legislature in states?

It'd be cool if you waited until I made such an argument before responding to me as if I had.

They just don't support for now it since they realized it's tanking their odds of winning. in a current election season. Had this been any other point in time, they would of gone full in.

Speculating they might or would in some non-reality imaginative context is not the same as outright saying that they do, now.

Like, holy shit. I know you want to be a good person and validate your existence by the fact that worser people exist, but when you take on the mantle of an issue, you deter more people than you would recruit if you were to just shut up.

Last edited by tabzer,

Deleted member 586536

OP
Trophies
XP
It'd be cool if you waited until I made such an argument before responding to me as if I had.
If you realized that that argument was used as a explanation for the later, you would of realized what you just said doesn't apply. It's a rhetorical question.

If party support x thing. Heavily pushes for x thing. Then it's reasonable to assume that something relating to x thing, they also would support.
Speculating they might or would in some non-reality imaginative context is not the same as outright saying that they do, now.
Is it really "speculating" when we know the objectives of that party?
Is it really speculating to use previous scenarios and circumstances and how they have gone about them, to infer what they would also support.

It's disingenuous to believe that if a party says "We want to ban abortions" that they would not ban abortions. They tried to ban it on a state level. Tried preventing people from voting on the subject or any protections for it. (see Michigan and them suing over typos)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nothing but bad faith arguments from tabzer, as usual. Republicans' goal of a national ban on abortion was plain to see even before the Roe v Wade reversal. Now their messaging is conflicted simply because that type of authoritarianism is polling badly for midterms. Graham isn't doing them any favors, but they absolutely deserve to reap what they've sown, so fuck 'em.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Nothing but bad faith arguments from tabzer, as usual. Republicans' goal of a national ban on abortion was plain to see even before the Roe v Wade reversal. Now their messaging is conflicted simply because that type of authoritarianism is polling badly for midterms. Graham isn't doing them any favors, but they absolutely deserve to reap what they've sown, so fuck 'em.

Considering that you already think that misrepresenting facts is okay as long as it helps people to support your cause, there really isn't anything you could say that would be reliable, unless it was an actual citation.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Considering that you already think that misrepresenting facts is okay as long as it helps people to support your cause, there really isn't anything you could say that would be reliable, unless it was an actual citation.
Says the republican trying desperately to protect his party from the consequences of its own words and actions. It's too late. People (and especially women) already know who to blame for this shit.

Reactions: SilverDen

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
whether or not McConnell turns his nose up or not, this move from Lindsay (Major Trump Ally For Certain) upends Republican talking points, McConnell Might as well have not said anything. He is nothing compared to The Donald. The Donald is the ultaimate Trumpman. McConnell might as well have said "Long Live Dark Brenden" trying to deny Lindsay Graham.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Says the republican trying desperately to protect his party from the consequences of its own words and actions. It's too late. People (and especially women) already know who to blame for this shit.

You wish I was a republican. You wish you knew women. It would make what you say somewhat digestible.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Conservatives want women to be baby producing factories. They want to artificially raise the population so they can have more soldiers to send to war.

Isn't there an equilibrium where there are too many babies to arm, or does the money printing machine take care of that?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You wish I was a republican. You wish you knew women. It would make what you say somewhat digestible.
If you aren't a republican, that just makes the fact that you spend so much time defending them here all the more pathetic. And I didn't make the claim that I'm the ultimate ladies man, I simply said they know who to blame for all this abortion ban bullshit. Polls will tell you the same.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you aren't a republican, that just makes the fact that you spend so much time defending them here all the more pathetic. And I didn't make the claim that I'm the ultimate ladies man, I simply said they know who to blame for all this abortion ban bullshit. Polls will tell you the same.
I'm not defending them by pointing out "fake news". You are very invested in your propaganda machine. The whole "you are with us or you are against us" recruitment style is what keeps the majority of the world disinterested.

With the amount of money the U.S. puts in the military they can arm as many babies as they want.

I'm waiting for "money" to finally break.

Reactions: TraderPatTX

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not defending them by pointing out "fake news".
You're defending them by trying to muddy the waters. We all know what the party's platform on abortion is, we've known for decades. Their candidates running for office spend two weeks trying to scrub their websites of any mention about it, or "soften" their stances on it, and you're willing to take that at face value. Whether you're playing dumb, or you're just legitimately dumb, it doesn't really matter at this point. Nobody else is falling for the grift.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You're defending them by trying to muddy the waters. We all know what the party's platform on abortion is, we've known for decades. Their candidates running for office spend two weeks trying to scrub their websites of any mention about it, or "soften" their stances on it, and you're willing to take that at face value. Whether you're playing dumb, or you're just legitimately dumb, it doesn't really matter at this point. Nobody else is falling for the grift.

I didn't muddy the waters here. I read a politico article that showed OP's claim is a false one. I'm on politico's side with this. I can't speak of the GOP's grand scheme (I'm clearly not as invested in them as you are), but the context of this thread is poorly based. If you don't want people to read the article and find conflict of data, then probably reword your threads to match reality. Otherwise, it looks like you feel like you need to lie to accomplish anything, which is very disinteresting. It also makes you look like you have rabies. People generally don't like that either.

My advice is profitable. You already know you aren't going to convince me, and you aren't going to convince other people by engaging me, so why bother?

Last edited by tabzer,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want people to read the article and find conflict of data, then probably reword your threads to match reality.
The article matches exactly what I've been saying, that Senate Republicans are mad at Graham because they've recently been trying to shift their messaging. Again though, it's too little too late. The mask was dropped in the days/weeks following Roe's reversal, there's no putting it back on now.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The article matches exactly what I've been saying, that Senate Republicans are mad at Graham because they've recently been trying to shift their messaging. Again though, it's too little too late. The mask was dropped in the days/weeks following Roe's reversal, there's no putting it back on now.

It doesn't "match" what you or OP have been saying. In OP's case it directly contradicts it. In your case, it just doesn't prove it wrong. At best, it's unrelated. Realistically, it's a disagreement between what you are saying and what the article actually says.

You want to use the news as a leverage for some sort of narrative, but then you want to say what the news is "really saying". You are on your own and footing for the democrats because they are the "lesser pedophile".

Start a real party you hobo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...