Learning Romhacking.

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Kaero, Oct 17, 2010.

Oct 17, 2010

Learning Romhacking. by Kaero at 11:38 AM (1,222 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Kaero
    OP

Newcomer Kaero Advanced Member

Japan
    Since a hacker hadn't noticed my introduction post yet, I thought of posting this one request here. I'm looking for a dedicated teacher that would gladly pull me through a good romhacking lesson. I've tried reading some topics all over the internet, but it still doesn't seem like I got the gist of it apart from the basics of binary numbers, so I thought up of this way. Thanks to whoever takes the time to read this.

2. neoxephon

Member neoxephon GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you've learned the basics from romhacking.net, you can always ask specific questions here and I'm sure some people will try to help. I'm not sure you'll find anyone that's willing to be a dedicated teacher.

3. Kaero
    OP

Japan
    Ack e___e
    Like I said, all I've really understood was the binary numbers. And by that, I mean converting, that is all. Any other thing I read off of Romhacking.net just confused me o.o
    I didn't have high hopes anyway, I already doubt there would be someone willing to dedicate themselves to teaching romhacking. But still, I'd like to wait a bit and see. I appreciate your help though =3

4. Phoenix Goddess

Member Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States
    If learning from romhacking.net is confusing, then you probably wouldn't understand romhacking very much [​IMG]
    Try giving it another go.

5. Kaero
    OP

Japan
    Okay, I'll go through it again whenever I get the time. I've got to go to sleep very soon, so I'll check that again tomorrow. I'll post back my thoughts afterwards. Let's all hope I'll understand things now e__e

6. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Find out what games are easy to hack like Mario Bros. and go from there.
    (I might be completely wrong, Mario Bros. might need super leet skills, I don't know about this kind of stuff :3)

7. Kaero
    OP

Japan
    Well, I literally don't even know enough to hack anything at all 8D

8. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Define "rom hacking". Are you talking about making codes, translating, or changing the game?

9. Noitora

Member Noitora ::

Greece
    He/She is probably interested in translation hacking.

Continue reading this: http://www.romhacking.net/start and I'll answer any questions you have via PM.

10. Kaero
    OP

Japan
    Well, I was mainly into translating and changing the game in general. Making codes to fix games isn't my priority, as I know there's tons of people out there working on them, and that I'm certainly not needed.
    Noitora -> I was supposed to go through it again this afternoon ('cause you know, school and all >.